Nob of the Day.......

Tango

The lady who "slipped stream" by following the car in front of her over the roundabout this morning causing me to brake hard to avoid hitting her. The car in front was borderline, but she was definitely chancing it.

She didn't even look round when I sounded the horn. Funny how a lot of drivers get stiff necks when you do that.

The moron in the million old camper van on the A50 today.

Coming straight across a 2 lane roundabout, second exit, camper just pulled out in front of me from first exit!!!!

I thought he was sneaking out as it was 2 lanes on the next exit so if he had taken first exit, inside lane I'd have gone to second lane and all ok...but no...straight across in front of me at about 5 miles an hour!

Quite proud I managed to slow right down, miss him, change down to first, not put a foot down AND find my pathetic horn. He paid no attention whatsoever. Nob.

The two shits on cruisers who overtook me on the road leaving a village today (I'm being a good little boy and sticking to the speed limit) only to go at 50 on the national speed limit stretch that followed immediately after! WHAT IS THE POINT YOU PILLOCKS :evil: I know it didn't slow me down at all, and flying past them was fun enough, but my god I hate people that overtake and then drop their speed. Scum of the earth.

The two shits on cruisers who overtook me on the road leaving a village today (I'm being a good little boy and sticking to the speed limit) only to go at 50 on the national speed limit stretch that followed immediately after! WHAT IS THE POINT YOU PILLOCKS :evil: I know it didn't slow me down at all, and flying past them was fun enough, but my god I hate people that overtake and then drop their speed. Scum of the earth.

Simple, they reached their bikes maximum speed. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

In the car yesterday going home driving down Whearstead Road which is single lane in each direction with parked cars it gets a bit narrow at a few places, but for most of it there's plenty of room if a bike overtakes.

I'm doing 30 as it's a residential area and a bike overtakes although there's a lorry coming the other way. True he's chancing it, but his mate who is undertaking me at the same time must have had only centimetres between me on one side and the parked cars on the other was certainly a nob. He was chuffing lucky I saw him as I expect many drivers would have moved left to give a bike overtaking them a bit of room.

I suppose what gets my goat is that's the sort of thing I feel gives bikers a bad name. I know there have been plenty of discussions about undertaking, but squeezing through a barely passable space is different to using an inside lane.

AND find my pathetic horn. He paid no attention whatsoever. Nob.

You need to wire up a 12v relay to the battery and stick a nautilus-type horn on it. They will notice it then! The stock horn on the SV can hardly even be heard in a car with the windows rolled up, but the horn I now have rigged up actually makes car drivers jump. No excuse for SMIDSY now.

Nob of the day goes to the prat in the red van with the ladder heading to Amble Northumberland. I was in my car overtaking a cyclist so giving plenty of room and the van driver overtook me, on a bend with a bus approaching on the other side.

A-hole.

My nomination goes to the idiotic car driver who decided to over take a lorry just after a bend with on coming traffic (me!) the lorry driver was flashing his lights like a mad man trying to warn me so I had to slam my brakes on to miss the car.. Nob.

As my facebook status says:

What a thoroughly crappy morning. Spent over an hour in the offices of a neighbouring business with my manager after one of the owners got right up to my face swearing and shouting at me to move my f**king bike (this is the first they've even mentioned the issue to me) and then pulled up beside me in his van and told me he will personally make sure one of their delivery trucks runs it down if it's still there when he comes back!!! And then had a go at my manager later and shouted at me for giving him 'backchat' (as in rationally speaking to the guy, telling him to stop shouting at me and I have been told to park here by management and to get out of my face). GRRRR!!!! Sorted now...kinda

:|

notd goes to silly woman in 4x4. she pulled across hatches from the opposite side of the road while i was filtering in a bid to turn right. she stopped - to which i though "she's seen me and is letting me past." Then when I'm nearly on top of her, she rolls forward across my path and gives me the most evil look after I finish my emergency stop.

I stopped and waited for 20 seconds to recompose myself. At this time, the nice lady in the car that had flashed the woman across stopped and asked if I was ok. i nominate her for saint of the day.

Couple of things learnt from that experience.

1. Filter at a speed appropriate to stop if someone does something in front of you.

2. Assume nothing - be prepared of every eventuality.

3. People's brains have evaporated in the recent spell of warm weather.

I nominate the flat capped pensioner from last week

He then took the first left ffs. There was no one behind me so he could have waited.....problem was, he never saw me!

">

Why won't this Youtube link work on here? What am I doing wrong?

My nomination for the day is the guy who has just failed my cars MOT on a corroded brake pipe, he marked it in paint so that l could find it and get it replaced - repaired. I took it home to make the repair only to find it's not a brake pipe but a breather pipe for the fuel system which do's not come under the MOT

My nomination for the day is the guy who has just failed my cars MOT on a corroded brake pipe, he marked it in paint so that l could find it and get it replaced - repaired. I took it home to make the repair only to find it's not a brake pipe but a breather pipe for the fuel system which do's not come under the MOT

Give him a bell and thank him for pointing out a problem on your car, then politely demand your MOT certificate!

I do wonder about the competency of some of these MOT testers. they sped all day Testing and not enough time actually doing mechanical stuff...

I had a car a while ago that failed because they couldn’t open the bonnet..... I turned up and it opened first time with no issues.

Idiots.

NOTD has to go to the 18ish lad in his black Gold who decided to swerve round a parking van when I was halfway through overtaking him. I started the maneouvre before the van pulled in, yet the car driver didn't look and almost took me out. Thank God the bike has good brakes. Ashamed to say I then pulled up next to the nob at the next set of lights and gave him an ear bashing.

He asked, "What do you expect me to do?"

To which I replied, "Check your f**king mirrors."

NOTD has to go to the 18ish lad in his black Gold who decided to swerve round a parking van when I was halfway through overtaking him. I started the maneouvre before the van pulled in, yet the car driver didn't look and almost took me out. Thank God the bike has good brakes. Ashamed to say I then pulled up next to the nob at the next set of lights and gave him an ear bashing.

He asked, "What do you expect me to do?"

To which I replied, "Check your f**king mirrors."

no sense in fighting with these mongs, it's like playing chess with a pigeon. you might win, but they will still strut around like they won, shitting all over the board.

My nomination goes to the 7 year old lad on his baby blue scootipuff yesterday afternoon on the a1303.

He was sitting in a layby and watched me drive towards him in my car, waiting for the moment when it would be most perilous to pull out, then gunned his mighty machine to it's top speed of 20 odd mph on a stretch of 50 road whilst going up hill.

My spidy senses had already made me slow down a bit before hand but I still had to throw out the anchors to avoid splattering him all over the road.

It's not like there was anything behind me so the cock weevil could have bloody waited 10 seconds for me to pass.

My nomination goes to the 7 year old lad on his baby blue scootipuff yesterday afternoon on the a1303.

He was sitting in a layby and watched me drive towards him in my car, waiting for the moment when it would be most perilous to pull out, then gunned his mighty machine to it's top speed of 20 odd mph on a stretch of 50 road whilst going up hill.

My spidy senses had already made me slow down a bit before hand but I still had to throw out the anchors to avoid splattering him all over the road.

It's not like there was anything behind me so the cock weevil could have bloody waited 10 seconds for me to pass.

I get some bloody good insults on this forum.. :D

NOTD absolutely without questions has to go to the BMW drover that drove up my arse for a bit before I showed him how slow his beefy car actually is. Only to have pulled up next to me at the lights (at this point I'm in neutral and tapping my tank to my music) and starts moving his car forward as if to temp me into a race.

..."oh please!" and as the lights changed he saw that a 3s 0-60 is just too much for him.

Wasak.

NOTD absolutely without questions has to go to the BMW drover that drove up my arse for a bit before I showed him how slow his beefy car actually is. Only to have pulled up next to me at the lights (at this point I'm in neutral and tapping my tank to my music) and starts moving his car forward as if to temp me into a race.

..."oh please!" and as the lights changed he saw that a 3s 0-60 is just too much for him.

Wasak.

give him a car length head start ;)