Nob of the Day.......

Tango

I hate people who move over when filtering to make your life difficult.. What does it gain them? Bugger all, it's an ego thing. But always remember to (if its safe!) do a little thankyou wave for cars that do move across, usually they're bikers themselves!

I hate people who move over when filtering to make your life difficult.. What does it gain them? Bugger all, it's an ego thing. But always remember to (if its safe!) do a little thankyou wave for cars that do move across, usually they're bikers themselves!

If I had to commute on my bike I'd have a load of stickers printed off and people who deliberately blocked my path would get a little sticker on the back of their car to let everyone know they type of person driving the car...

Similar to the "Baby on board" stickers but with slightly more offensive language..

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=maps&l ... 122.5,,0,0

if the link above works, Im coming home from a ride out and in the position of the blue celica, a young lady "p plate" driver is approaching the round about from my left illustrated by the 4x4, im taking the coarse of the fiat multipla and eventually turning left where the silver mini is going (signalling all the time), keeping my eye on the p plate driver i realise not only is she not stopping for the round about, but she is in fact turning left, she cuts straight across the front of me causing me to stop where you can see the arse end of the bus, all whilst looking directly at my eyes through my visor. I screamed many rather abusive words at her, but was no good as she carried on her merry way. Not sure she even realised that days into her new world of operating a vehicle she was inches from T boning a motorcyclist!

Nob of the day? Me.

A suicidal but lazy cat was sleeping on the seat...Pushed it off because the shit wouldn't move and just as I started rolling out of the driveway without realizing it jumps back on and just sits there. Got to the end of the road before I noticed that the fur ball was there...

Nob of the day? Me.

A suicidal but lazy cat was sleeping on the seat...Pushed it off because the shit wouldn't move and just as I started rolling out of the driveway without realizing it jumps back on and just sits there. Got to the end of the road before I noticed that the fur ball was there...

Alien furball?

Nob of the day? Me.

Alien furball?

Sadly, no. The aliens have abandoned me to rot in some hell hole...

a couple of nobs over the last couple of days.

1. yesterday a chap moved into a lane on the left, only to decide that he didn't want to be behind a lorry. so swerved into my lane, nearly into me, with no indication. The traffic lights ahead were red, so i asked him to roll down his window. I then asked him to check his mirrors, blind spot, then indicate before changing lanes in future so as to save people's lives. I think he was expecting some kind of massive road rage incident! he apologised and we both went on our merry way. hopefully - he will check mirrors and blind spot before pulling a manoeuvre like that again!

2. couple of days ago in heavy traffic, filtering down the inside of a car when everything stops. There's not enough room to filter safely, so I stop as well. the car in front moves off, so I continue to filter. What I failed to notice was the traffic lights directly behind us had changed to red, and there were now cars approaching from the left. I carried on regardless and gave the woman to my left a big fright. So sadly, on that journey - the nob of the day was... ME! sorry to that woman that I panicked.

I hate to say it but my nob of the day is another biker.

On my home from the school run this morning I have a rather narrow road to go down and hindered further by a blind bend that often gets a parked car on it. Today, as per usual, I approached the bend almost rubbing my tyres on the left kerb to get the best possible view and I notice at the end of the road - it's not a long road - a transit coming the other way. Now there is only room for one of us so I straighten out of the bend and stop opposite a junction on the right to allow him to pass me, as is the usual practice on this road.

Behind me comes a shinny red Ducati (I think it was a streetfighter but not totally sure!) ridden by a girl who looked about ten. She overtakes me (on the RIGHT), see's the transit, panics and comes too close to the left hand kerb, wobbles and falls over.

Both myself and the transit driver jump out of our vehicles. She then gets up, rips her helmet off and starts shouting at the transit driver who shouts back 'are you blind? That car was waiting for me to come through!'

She then confirms her stupidity by shouting and waving, 'I thought the f***er was turning RIGHT'

Me and transit driver look at each other in disbelief!

:crybaby:

And today's winner is... My neighbour.

I got home to find an awful honk in my back garden. I investigated and found my drain is almost up to the brim - there's about half an inch between the lid and a floater. :-s

I checked the drains up the street and tracked the blockage to my neighbours place. I knocked him up and told him about it and all he said was that he'd get on to it in the morning!

I bloody hope no-one has a shower or sticks the washing machine on or my garden will be awash with turds.

My award goes to the Mercedes SL200 driver who I followed for about 10 minutes before following them into a housing estate, they pulled over to the kerb on the right hand side of the road (so the wrong side) so I went to ride along on my way only for the old biddy to cut right across my path no indicators or anything and pull into a drive!!!! Grrrrrr

My award goes to the Mercedes SL200 driver who I followed for about 10 minutes before following them into a housing estate, they pulled over to the kerb on the right hand side of the road (so the wrong side) so I went to ride along on my way only for the old biddy to cut right across my path no indicators or anything and pull into a drive!!!! Grrrrrr

Ah! Yes. The good old "swan neck" manoeuvre - commonly used by people who believe that their car really is the size of an HGV and can't possibly turn directly left without going AAAALLLLLL the way out to the right.

Nob of the day award goes to the Audi A4 driver who thought it was acceptable to undertake me, and the unmarked policecar in front of me, on the A1 south this morning.

It even took him about another mile or so to realise that the sudden appearance of blue flashing lights in his rearview mirror meant that he had to pull over!

I almost lost control of the car I was laughing so much!

:cheers:

NOTD goes to the chap in the white ford fiesta. He didn't approve of me pulling along side at the lights and gunned it away. He wasn't going to keep up in his 1999 fiesta zetec. I accelerated, reached the speed limit of 40 and stayed there. he caught up to me 10 seconds later, horn blaring and lights flashing. He attempted a poor overtake but realised his mistake and pulled back in (still flashing the lights and blaring the horn, gunning the engine etc). The road was wide, so he tried to get down the inside of me. not enough room - he realised his mistake and reverted back to plan A (horn lights probable lude gestures). the lights ahead were red, so I slowed for them. he slowed too, but made his best effort to join me as a pillion rider.

the lights went to green and he actually tried to get round me (traffic island, queuing cars to turn right etc). failed that one. Another couple of hundred yards and the light and sound show continued. He indicated right and turned off the road. Had I held him up? no. Did I offend his primal alpha male instinct to be the head of the group, the leader of the pack? Most definitely yes. I was tempted at one point to pull over and let the twunt continue on his reckless way.

On the same ride, I had some woman who failed to follow the road markings and turn left on a straight only lane. I was in the lane to the left of her. She was oblivious to what was going on.

NOTD goes to the chap in the white ford fiesta. He didn't approve of me pulling along side at the lights and gunned it away. He wasn't going to keep up in his 1999 fiesta zetec. I accelerated, reached the speed limit of 40 and stayed there. he caught up to me 10 seconds later, horn blaring and lights flashing. He attempted a poor overtake but realised his mistake and pulled back in (still flashing the lights and blaring the horn, gunning the engine etc). The road was wide, so he tried to get down the inside of me. not enough room - he realised his mistake and reverted back to plan A (horn lights probable lude gestures). the lights ahead were red, so I slowed for them. he slowed too, but made his best effort to join me as a pillion rider.

the lights went to green and he actually tried to get round me (traffic island, queuing cars to turn right etc). failed that one. Another couple of hundred yards and the light and sound show continued. He indicated right and turned off the road. Had I held him up? no. Did I offend his primal alpha male instinct to be the head of the group, the leader of the pack? Most definitely yes. I was tempted at one point to pull over and let the twunt continue on his reckless way.

On the same ride, I had some woman who failed to follow the road markings and turn left on a straight only lane. I was in the lane to the left of her. She was oblivious to what was going on.

Had a good chuckle here

he slowed too, but made his best effort to join me as a pillion rider.

There are some round here who do that because they think the speed limit doesn't apply to them, especially on the approach to the motorway. On one occasion, I rode down the sliproad verrrry sloooooowly (with them going completely mental behind me, naturally) - and then pinned the throttle at the last minute. Bike can get up to 70mph with only a little bit of sliproad remaining ... 15-year-old 1 litre fiesta, not so much. :mrgreen:

I was tempted at one point to pull over and let the twunt continue on his reckless way.

Pull over , get off the bike, and give them a big round of applause as they drive past...

get back on the bike, overtake them, pull over, and repeat step 1.

I was tempted at one point to pull over and let the twunt continue on his reckless way.

Pull over , get off the bike, and give them a big round of applause as they drive past...

get back on the bike, overtake them, pull over, and repeat step 1.

If they got cross at me filtering to the front of traffic lights, they would be apocalyptically spasmodic at me overtaking them following a rapturous applause. Risk I'm not entirely willing to take. People do funny things when the mist descends.

Ironically similar to what happened in my last company car, woman in left hand lane of three lane roundabout went into side of me in middle lane. She got out and said oh I thought I was in the right hand turn lane - I resisted screaming somehow!

Goes to me.

Went for a ride into the Pine forests near Orihuela this morning and parked the bike up for a good look over the valley towards some mountains. I decided the incline the bike was parked sideways on was shallow enough to use the side stand. Wrong. Crunch, down it goes. A few broken things due to stupidity and laziness but the hardest lessons learned are the ones never forgotten.