Nob of the Day.......

Tango

There's a speed camera by those lights that people often fail to notice (opposite the turn off for the guided busway) - hopefully it caught the prat.

I know that camera, but we were going the other way. Towards the dreaded A14.

The individual driving the dark Land Rover with the personalised number plate who pulled out in front of me driving through town, then proceeded to drive through the 30mph residental area at probably 45mph+, caught up with him at a roundabout, once on the M80 motorway he changed lanes into me, sounded the horn but he just kept going, was around 12" from hitting me before I could move into the RH lane and get away, then proceeded to keep driving extremely close behind me then backing off whenever I moved into the RH lane to over take (he never moved into the LH lane, but when I moved back he'd back right off). Eventually I moved out to overtake (while he was miles back in the RH lane) he then came flying up and was so close I couldn't see his number plate and thought he was going to hit me. Got out his way asap (and he still remained in the RH lane not overtaking) and called the police.

• 2 weeks later...

The Idiot driving a Toyota MR2 who was showing off to his passenger, nearly pulled onto a roundabout in front of me, then undertook me and the car behind, before taking the same exit we were going to take...

Impatient nob!

Got it on camera - hopefully his bird realises just how slow his car really is now :lol:

">

I nominate myself as NOTD.

Traffic lights were red on a two lane pedestrian crossing. I came riding up the outside to get in front of the car in front, just as I was nearly at the front of the car, lights went amber so accelerated.

Who is on the crossing!? A old boy with an oxygen tank on a mobility scooter.

Emergency stop. Looked like a plonka.

Initial thought: "that was a silly thing to do".

Secondary thought: "9/10 times that would have been fine"

Final thought: "What kind of idiot would cross as the red man was lit!?".

Bottom line, I couldn't see the crossing and felt like an idiot.

To the woman in the a50 (speed limit 70) wearing a pink hi viz on a scooter (speed 40) you are either very brave or very stupid. I'm not sure which, but best of luck to you :-/

woman indicating to turn right as she is going up a hill. I'm coming down the hill see her and the 5 or 6 cars behind waiting so I slow down while waving her on. I come to a complete stop while still waving at her. look a bit closer and she is on her mobile and faffing with her hair in the rear view mirror :roll:

carried on my way leaving her in her own little world :lol:

NOTD goes to the group of cruisers who sat in the right hand lane of the A27 (dual carriageway, two lanes, national speed limit) yesterday, just keeping pace with a line of three of HGVs in the left lane (60mph). They were all two up, leather jackets with tassels, the bloody works. Just crusin' ... like they do. Never mind the sodding great tailback behind them. I was tempted to gun it down the inside lane, then blast through the middle of them with three digits on the speedo, just to prove a point, but that would have made me the bigger nob. So I just sat there and got irate with them in a very British way while they just sat there, and sat there, and sat there, etc.

Notd goes to the guy sitting in costa with a large americani who decides to pour it all ovver himself and wobbles about because he still has motion sickness....

...i asume you can nominate yourself ;)

Got the double today.

I was parked in a bay at the doctors to have my spakky hand poked a bit and when I came out there was some woman - all jewellery, sticky hair and big sunglasses - you know the type... in her Porche Cayenne in the middle of the car park. She gave it some about how I shouldn't have taken a space for my bike (there was nowhere else to put it). I went up to her car, looked in it and enquired whether she thought it wholly necessary to have such a big, pointless car for just her. Don't think she liked that much. Still gave her a cheery wave as I left though.

Numéro deux: Coming home from said doctors, I turned left in to my road to see my nobhead neighbour heading straight towards me on my side of the road, he was too busy being turned round, arguing with his kids and putting his seatbelt on to bother with driving in a straight line. I gave him a peep and he started yelling at me. Unfortunately he had his window down so I heard what he said. :-) Typical small man syndrome. We'll see how brave he is when I "have a quiet word"...

Got the double today.

I was parked in a bay at the doctors to have my spakky hand poked a bit and when I came out there was some woman - all jewellery, sticky hair and big sunglasses - you know the type... in her Porche Cayenne in the middle of the car park. She gave it some about how I shouldn't have taken a space for my bike (there was nowhere else to put it). I went up to her car, looked in it and enquired whether she thought it wholly necessary to have such a big, pointless car for just her. Don't think she liked that much. Still gave her a cheery wave as I left though.

Numéro deux: Coming home from said doctors, I turned left in to my road to see my nobhead neighbour heading straight towards me on my side of the road, he was too busy being turned round, arguing with his kids and putting his seatbelt on to bother with driving in a straight line. I gave him a peep and he started yelling at me. Unfortunately he had his window down so I heard what he said. :-) Typical small man syndrome. We'll see how brave he is when I "have a quiet word"...

if hes a angry sort of bloke, put glue in his door lock and rub dog **** under his door handle. sit back and watch him explode.

childish but very very funny.

top tip, wear gloves.

He gets very angry very quickly but only with his wife and kids.

He came banging on my door just after I'd moved in because I dared to make some noise - he leapt back a good way when he saw that I'm a good 8-10" taller than him. He's barely said a word to me since. :-)

He gets very angry very quickly but only with his wife and kids.

He came banging on my door just after I'd moved in because I dared to make some noise - he leapt back a good way when he saw that I'm a good 8-10" taller than him. He's barely said a word to me since. :-)

haha hes one of them is he. deserves nob of the year then.

My nomination is for yesterday. It goes to the idiot on their phone yesterday on the way back from Grantham down a52. 3 seperate occasions they obviously wasn't paying attention to the vehicles in front and firstly nearly piled into the back of a car towing a trailer that turned left, slammed on brakes and stopped from 60 while I was carrying the Mrs on the back, and took up my escape route by pulling and stopping in the center of the road with oncoming traffic, then on two other occasions slammed on their brakes because they were too close to car in front and was gaining on it nearly hitting the back and instead of simply letting off the throttle they slowed to half their speed. The whole time driving on the white line making it difficult to overtake as I had a nervous passenger due to an accident on her cbt yesterday. Then when I do overtake to get behind a car with bit more road sense they decode they want to overtake too, straight piece of road I was riding in view of mirrors, indicating ect and when I'm along side the car she is on her phone texting.

Large chap in a VW jetta on the M65 the other day. I had just come out of a traffic jam, I was in the outside lane, with the intention of overtaking a slow moving HGV (it's only a two lane motorway at this point) only problem was every other car had the same idea, so there's a rather large queue of cars in front of me crawling past this HGV.

The chap in question was driving a few feet away from my rear bumper, swerving around in the lane like a mad man. Literally no where for me to go. This went on for a good couple of miles until the motorway opens up into three lanes again. I pull into the middle lane, still passing HGV's and slow moving cars in the left lane, with no gap big enough to warrant pulling back in. At which point this large chap drives alongside me with his passenger windows down screaming obscenities and demanding I pull over. I chose to laugh this off, which in turn made him madder, at this point he starts swerving around in the lane again obviously with the intention of unnerving me. Rather pissed off at this point, I reached into my pouch on my work pants, flashed my flooring knives at him and gave him a thumbs up. This had the desired effect, the knob saw his arse, and sped off into the distance at well over the national speed limit. Not so fast that I couldn't take down his reg plate. Proceeded to stop at the next services, phone the police and report it. I didn't omit the part about the knives, the policeman I finally got through to on 101 didn't take that part too seriously, other than to ask what I would have done if he had taken that as a green light to pull over and stop to which I responded I would probably have stayed on the motorway and rang the police. He said that was the right answer.

The bloke riding one of those huge scooters in croydon wearing shorts and t-shirt , who insisted on overtaking every car, even at junctions when they were about to turn right!

I saw him nearly get wiped out three times, and each time he gestured like it was the car drivers fault!!

The idiot in Mansfield today as I was on my way home from meeting Cat and Owen.

3ft from my arse in a 30 limit with nowhere for me to go!

Then when I looked over my shoulder at him he lost the plot....tried to force me over, when he couldn't do that he finally overtook me brake tested me. I just ignored him because he was clearly losing the plot but he pulled up at the side of me at some red lights and screamed that he was going to kill me through his NS window.

I just sat at the light when they turned green and he had to go...lol

What a NOB!!!!

must be a day for it today Derek....blue BMW up my arse on the roundabout onto the A38, kicked up 2 gears on the slip road and can only assume he didn't like the way I pulled away from him, as he then floored it and shot round me just as owen in front of me signalled and moved into the overtaking lane.

said BMW accelerated up behind him at about 100+ , owen politely moved in out of his way, as I was screaming down the headset 'watch the knob in the bmw'.

I then shot round owen and sat behind said car looking bored just to set his mind at rest as to the question of whether he was really going to out accelerate a pair of sports bikes if they actually cared.

• 2 weeks later...

Well for second day in a row I was cut up at the same roundabout by some idiot drivers. Leading up to the round about it's 2 lanes, and it splits into 3 one to go left one to go straight and one to go straight and right. I was going straight in the middle lane and both times the cars cut across from the right lane and nearly took me out (I was along side first time and with my front wheel at the rear of their bumper second time) the road continues as 2 lanes if you go straight so there's no reason for them to cut accord to the middle lane, luckily one of us was paying attention! Nobs!