Nob of the Day.......

Tango

NOTD Goes to the idiot pedestrian in Bournemouth town centre yesterday who looked directly at me, waited until I was about 15ft away, then stepped into the road, while still looking directly at me, then shouted abuse when I had to swerve to avoid him. WTF????

The idiot in the AMG E63 Mercedes who decided to come screaming past me on a dual carriageway, then slam on the brakes and cut in front when he realised he was gonna miss his exit then drive like a grandad as the roads were wet so didn't want to go round corners fast.

Then going up a hill decided to overtake a slow moving golf, but as soon as he was past slowed right down for the next bend causing the golf to have to brake!!!

Total and utter tool who clearly doesn't like bends!!

Subaru behind me this morning who stayed 2 feet off my bumper for about 8 miles...

As he indicated to turn off, he got right up close and I maintained course... Then approaching a big hole in the road, I swung last second and watched his car take the nasty dip into it.

This is a hole in the road with a 6 inch tall flat lip at the end, you hit that at 30 like he did and it sounds like your suspension will collapse.

Could see him effing and blinding in the mirror as he took the turn.

Hope your suspensions fooked, butt munch!

NOTD today - Audi with the registration LL 06 ANL adjusted to read L LOGAN L

Was just in front of me approaching the Black Cat (A1 Southbound) when he decided to 'jerk' across to the right-hand lane (as it was moving at 0.01mph faster) only to instantly slow down and then 'jerk' back behind me (as the left-hand lane was now moving at 0.02mph faster). He then sat on my arse all the way past Sandy roundabout and then managed to get in front again. He was still directly in front of me at the Stevenage exit! NOB!

:booty:

My nob of the day had another act of hilarity befall him...

Driving into work, it's 6am so no one on the roads.

Big, brand new BMW comes rocketing up behind me, I'm cruising a little above speed limit, no reason to go fast as the road surface is rubbish anyway.

He flashes me... Now I know my cars speedo is spot on, and I know it's a 40 limit in which i'm doing 42-44, the roads are terrible in condition so I won't do much more on the bike.

He overtakes me, and has to throw it back in due to an island in the road he didn't see as he was too busy sniffing my arse. I have to brake quite hard for him.

Get into town and there's more traffic, 2 lanes, that split off into different lanes later. He sits behind a car, I chance it and sit behind 2 in the right lane as the car he's behind is a nissan micra with a little lady in the car. Lights change, we go, the car he's behind either doesn't set off or stalls! I sail on by.

At this point i'm in the car like :laugh:

I then pull in down the road into the lane he wanted, now he races up again and he's flashing, beeping, the lot. I stare at him in the mirror, making deliberate eye contact. At the lights he sits a car length back from me... I have a "that's what I thought" moment in regards to how brave he feels in a powerful BMW vs a 1 litre supermini.

Carry on, get to work, that's that!

Attempt at being a nob: 8/10

Being out done and his reaction: 9/10

I love it when they get a backfire like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Van driver on my way home last night. I was coming along london road. Traffic had stopped so started to overtake at 20. Came to this junction so slowed down a little and saw a van waiting, As i pass a car he flashes and van driver roars out, I swerve and held on the horn but he came within 2 inches of my bike close enough i could have patted his bonnet. Shat my pants a little at how blind people are. Just because you're flashes doesn't mean it's safe.

Below (if link works) where the incident happened.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.88484 ... !2e0?hl=en

Van driver on my way home last night. I was coming along london road. Traffic had stopped so started to overtake at 20. Came to this junction so slowed down a little and saw a van waiting, As i pass a car he flashes and van driver roars out, I swerve and held on the horn but he came within 2 inches of my bike close enough i could have patted his bonnet. Shat my pants a little at how blind people are. Just because you're flashes doesn't mean it's safe.

Below (if link works) where the incident happened.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.88484 ... !2e0?hl=en

Sorry but although van driver (and to some extent the car driver) was a nob - you also need to take some of the blame! When traffic is stationary, you should expect someone to either allow oncoming traffic to turn across the lane, traffic joining from the left being allowed room to turn right and plonkers who will suddenly decide that the wait is too long and do a 'U' turn!

If you don't have time to stop when this happens - you are going too fast!

Glad you are OK and no damage done but seriously - remeber that all other road users are out there with the sole intent of killing you! Expect this type of thing and you will live to enjoy riding your bike.

:cheers:

Came to this junction so slowed down a little and saw a van waiting, As i pass a car he flashes and van driver roars out

It was completely the van driver's fault for not giving way to you ... BUT ... IMHO, stationary traffic + vehicle waiting to emerge from a minor road + vehicle on major road making space for waiting vehicle = *** DON'T *** filter past until the emerging vehicle has completed their manoeuvre.

Came to this junction so slowed down a little and saw a van waiting, As i pass a car he flashes and van driver roars out

It was completely the van driver's fault for not giving way to you ... BUT ... IMHO, stationary traffic + vehicle waiting to emerge from a minor road + vehicle on major road making space for waiting vehicle = *** DON'T *** filter past until the emerging vehicle has completed their manoeuvre.

Indeed... asking for trouble there Tom, could have been a bandit pancake! :)

NOTD is a 50/50 split there :lol: :lol: :lol:

This, as I know someone who lately had a bash in the same circumstances.

It's lucky filtering is a grey area, as the van drive should see you, especially as you saw him, even to the point you were able to take evasive action! So why didn't he see you?

But overtaking at a junction is a no no as far as the highway code is concerned, so if you ever do have a bump. Never word it that you were overtaking if you were just filtering. Otherwise there will not be a 100% liability given to the driver that pulled out on you.

I would like to give my first nomination to the Elderly Lady who in the middle of an empty forest road came to a full fairly firm stop. I was thinking horses running and waited, in the end she called out of her window.

I road up and she started berating me as she does not like bikes light behind her. Down went my visor and I rode on passed..

NOTD is collectively awarded to the very tetchy drivers of Southampton, where the city centre was one huge traffic jam of Christmas shoppers yesterday evening.

I had one person beep at me just for filtering in front of him to the lights because he was slow off the clutch from the last set of lights. Then he started gesticulating at me. I held the bike on the front brake, stood up and wiggled and slapped my arse at him in an alluring fashion. He went fully nuts. I did the "blowing you a kiss" gesture. He went into screaming meltdown. :mrgreen:

Lights turns green and off I go. He's still stuck in traffic. What did his little outburst gain him? Not much. Except it did amuse me.

NOTD is collectively awarded to the very tetchy drivers of Southampton,

I moved down this way 15 years ago and Southampton drivers are about the most aggressive bunch of idiots in the country in my opinion...

Insult there football, call there city a dump do what you want they don't care... Just do not be in the wrong lane or try changing lanes or drive at a speed they don't like (to fast or to slow).

They will threaten to kill you, get in front of you and slam on to try and get you to rear end them or try and stop the car and get out to carry out there threats it just routine. On one occasion one numbskull could not pull out in front of me (I had no where to go and for all my breaking nearly hit the car) I hit the horn, he went to open his car door to "speak to me". I rolled forward and put the Landy bumper to stop him opening the door he proceeded in trying to climb out over his girlfriend.

Not some where I am looking forward to going on a bike....

:cheers: Nice to see you got one up on them! :cheers:

I grew up in the newforest and went to school in Southampton. I Dont miss southampton at all. It's a complete dive. Most of the shops have closed down and its really not a nice place to be. Not surprising the drivers are all angry!

I went on a business trip to Southampton last year, a couple of days after the off where I buggered my knee somewhat. Hobbling across the road between the Premier Inn and the University campus several times a day was... terrifying? Yeah, terrifying is a good word.

SAAAF 'AMPTON

No, no, no, that's an Essex accent. It's "Sudaaamtun", or just, "S'aaamtun". You've got to get the long "a" in there.

It's actually no worse than other port cities!

Their football team won me £40 today.

Which makes me NOTD in my office.

6 weeks of football predictions with the jackpot being £10 each to the loser, and I never really watch football.

I join in 2 weeks late, and say I bet I can win as by not having loyalties in football, I believe I have an advantage.

4 weeks later I took the win by 2 points when Liverpool drew with Arsenal.

I'm £40 up, and the office boys have been making jibes all day how I get paid holiday, while them being contractors just lost money and don't have paid holiday :lol:

... I'm not even sorry :thumb: