Nob of the Day.......

Tango

It would and does. The two lanes that go straight on, the one on the left turns into a bus lane so most people try and get in the right lane, which is why I use the left hand lane. So yes I ride in the bus lane but if I get stopped there's a petrol station before the lights so I was popping in there ;)

Makes no odds if your popping in to the petrol station of your not supposed to be in it you will get done if caught trust me I know I see it often enough ;-)

It sounds just like a typical town centre

All the idiots who think its a good idea to join a busy motorway at 40mph.

I had the pleasure of following a couple of them today in the car onto the M25/M23. Thankfully once on the motorway I was able to floor it and blast round them, but seriously, why do these people think it a OK to merge with a motorway whilst only doing 40mph??

Well to make it more confusing that bus lane is also the lane to turn left at the lights so most cars just use it anyway if they're turning left. Rode past the 5-0 plenty of times and not had any trouble but I guess if they're having a bad day they might stop me.

And Erm nob of the day is me for not adding any more nobs to the nob of the day thread but still posting on it. Nob!

Sounds just like the A14 EVERY. DAMN. DAY. It may be a bit of a dick move, but I've gotten really good at overtaking people on sliproads.

I do the same when theres space. But often the same idiots doing 40mph are also in the right hand lane of the slip road...

Sounds just like the A14 EVERY. DAMN. DAY. It may be a bit of a dick move, but I've gotten really good at overtaking people on sliproads.

I do the same when theres space. But often the same idiots doing 40mph are also in the right hand lane of the slip road...

We get this a LOT round here ... probably everywhere actually. I think I'm right in saying that if they're crawling along in the right hand lane and there's a completely empty inside lane, then undertaking is perfectly legal and valid. At any rate, I tend to go way left and get past them quickly on the left with plenty of space to spare.

There is no offence of undertaking. However if you break the posted speed limit as you use a lane to the left of the vehicle then you are committing an offence. Or if you use any lane and break the speed limit.

Drivers who do not move to the lane to their left when driving below the speed limit can be prosecuted for driving without due consideration for other road users.

They are bloody frustrating.

NOTD:-

Young(ish) guy on a green Ninga going south down the A1 at the Black Cat this morning (at around 6:30).

If you are going to 'give me the bird' as I pull in to let you filter faster, then I suggest you learn how to corner (around the roundabout), I chuckled to myself as I flashed passed on the inside of you (not speeding officer!) and watched you dissapear in my mirrors (before I had to turn off at the Bedford turning so as to get back to the A1 to continue my commute!)

'Blandit' - Not in my vocabulary!

:up:

NOTD:-

Young(ish) guy on a green Ninga going south down the A1 at the Black Cat this morning (at around 6:30).

If you are going to 'give me the bird' as I pull in to let you filter faster, then I suggest you learn how to corner (around the roundabout), I chuckled to myself as I flashed passed on the inside of you (not speeding officer!) and watched you dissapear in my mirrors (before I had to turn off at the Bedford turning so as to get back to the A1 to continue my commute!)

'Blandit' - Not in my vocabulary!

:up:

Smooth move.

It wasn't me. Promise! :D

The a$$wipe who (I work in a petrol station...) decided to drive off without paying for petrol, told me he just had to get his wallet, got into passenger side of his (probably stolen) car then climbed into drivers seat and drove off. Don't fret I think I remembered his number plate. I hate people. I'd rather be a butterfly.

Motorcycle instructor (with the company name and 'instructor' plastered all over his bike, jacket and panniers) tailgaiting us through a residential 30mph before overtaking when possible and speeding off well in excess of the marked 30mph speed limit. With a pillion on board.

Idiot driving the merc deliberately blocking bikers from overtaking on Southend sea front.

Traffic was crawling along at 5mph and he moved over to the right to block me and other bikes from filtering past...

No worries though, I dropped behind him, and quickly took him through the huge gap he'd left on his left. this made him move left and the bike who was following me took him on the right!!

Worked a treat - bet he was fuming with rage though!

Nob.

not on a bike (fortunately) for this one. (you'll see why)

and a bit late. happened a week ago now.

blue transit van (my nomination) that came flying across in front of me, (crossroads. I had right of way) giving me no time to brake. I hit him.

just say that my car is a right off, and he got away with a dented wheel.

I must say that it was the ONLY time I can think of that I was glad i was in a car. The last 2 years have been my idea of hell...

apart from the damage, no personal injury, so very lucky. I was only doing 20.

not on a bike (fortunately) for this one. (you'll see why)

and a bit late. happened a week ago now.

blue transit van (my nomination) that came flying across in front of me, (crossroads. I had right of way) giving me no time to brake. I hit him.

just say that my car is a right off, and he got away with a dented wheel.

I must say that it was the ONLY time I can think of that I was glad i was in a car. The last 2 years have been my idea of hell...

apart from the damage, no personal injury, so very lucky. I was only doing 20.

Glad to hear you're fine. Don't let him try and blame you or try to claim you're both jointly culpable.

• 2 weeks later...

The nob who desperately wanted to get in the left hand lane approaching Felixstowe, so I slowed down and waved him in. Then when we turned off the A14, he tried to move to block me from overtaking. So if I see him try that again (however unlikely that is), he can stay where he is and come home via the port. What a selfish nob.

There was a silly woman who, with a bus lane clearly marked Mon-Fri 7am-6pm buses only, on a Sunday drives in the right lane whilst I am in the bus lane on the left.

Get near the end of the bus lane, bearing in mind I know what these idiots do so am preparing myself for evasive action, doesn't check her mirrors, doesn't indicate, swerves into the bus lane where I am already slowing down knowing what she is doing. Then she beeps her horn at me shouting something I couldn't hear.

To top it off there are 2 or 3 cars behind her all doing the same thing.

There's a sodding big clearly marked sign along the bus lane. Why are these people so blind to this?

Just glad I have my helmet cam on at all times!

I'd like to dedicate this knob award to all the 'I don't know how to use bus lane or check the date/time' road users.

Oh along with those drivers that watch you approach from behind in their mirrors, watching you slow right down and then stop whilst the light in front of them has just changed to green. They will only proceed when they see that you have completely stopped whereby they then move off.

Got a couple.

Woman on the A12 as i'm coming up the middle lane doing 70(74) decides to pull out i reacted fine and slowed down but she realised i was there and sat half way between both lanes for a good 15 seconds. In the end i pulled off at marks tey as i didn't want to be near such an imbecile.

Me!

Thinking the bike is f**ked because it cut out on hill starts when it was my dragging the rear brake haha! What a nob!

To the van driver that nearly caused me to highside this morning. Going right at a roundabout he overshoots the whiteline stops then...... Moves off and stops again, wtf, meanwhile I'm leant over knock off my speed see he stops continue then panic as he goes again, bike stands up violently and leans over other way so I end up hopping on my left leg to keep bike upright. All happened so fast, but no harm was done as bike stayed on the rubber and I made it to work

Driving on the way home from the shops. A bit of a squeeze between parked cars on my left and oncoming cars on my right. One car passes fine, then another and then the third almost rams me as she's too busy looking at the shops and not the road.

I thought "Brace for impact" as it was either her or the parked cars, but she veered over to her side at the last moment. Phew!

Going to work this morning in heavy fog passed a light grey car with no lights on doing 60. Bad enough you might think but riding about three feet behind his back bumper was a motorbike, also with no lights on.