Nob of the Day.......

Tango

I had great satisfaction telling a number of people at the work's vehicle worshops that they were all effin aholes. I thought I might be in trouble when I got back to my own office, having walked back, abandoning the vehicle I had taken to see about a repair. But no! Turns out I am a legend, as lots of people would love to tell that lot to .... off!

The guy 2 up on an ER5 in Wolverhampton this afternoon.....who went to change lanes on a dual carriageway without doing his lifesaver and suddenly noticed me alongside him in the car.... :shock: He swerved back into his lane whilst I was braking hard, and gave me a wave to acknowledge that he'd f*cked up...... :shock:

The guy in a white Merc who was too good to wait in a queue with us plebs so hooned it down a 30mph road at about 45 on the WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD including the WRONG SIDE of a traffic island. Then swerved into the left hand lane at the lights. Top nobbing.

Me.

For taking the bike to work for the first time in about 2 weeks, on the iciest day so far. Ended up with me doing a little tap dance routing as I tried to get my footing at the end of my road when I had to stop.

Thankfully I was already skirting along with 2 feet down as I could see the road was covered :lol:.

... white Merc ...

Nuff said.

What is it with people who drive white cars? Recently I've notice even people who drive even bog standard white cars act like idiots. Maybe it the paint, it all started with white van man and it's spread.

We live in a centre of stupid where expensive cars, ignorance and arrogance all go hand in hand. There isn’t a single day where a prat in an Audi or a Merc doesn’t prove why they should have their genes removed from the pool.

All those sad people in their little tin boxes who were held up for a few minutes whilst children from our school crossed the road as part of their Christmas Lantern procession. We heard you blasting your horns. Didn't get you anywhere did it? We just walked slower.

• 2 weeks later...

I am the nob of the day.

"Surely not!" You may exclaim.

But really, I assure you I am because last night when I arrived home I got out of the car and went in the house. Somewhere in the getting-out-of-the-car procedure I fully wound down one of the rear windows.

It rained last night. It rained lots and I only just noticed my error.

The door pockets... full of water. Cup holder things... brimmed. Carpets, door cards and (leather) seats... soaked.

I've spent the last half an hour trying to extract as much water as possible with various towels and dumped the dehumidifier in there for good luck.

/nob

I am the nob of the day.

"Surely not!" You may exclaim.

But really, I assure you I am because last night when I arrived home I got out of the car and went in the house. Somewhere in the getting-out-of-the-car procedure I fully wound down one of the rear windows.

It rained last night. It rained lots and I only just noticed my error.

The door pockets... full of water. Cup holder things... brimmed. Carpets, door cards and (leather) seats... soaked.

I've spent the last half an hour trying to extract as much water as possible with various towels and dumped the dehumidifier in there for good luck.

/nob

I noticed Tuesday morning my ma and pa had left all their car windows half open, luckily just before it started to rain.

Me! Yesterday! :?

I really wanted to get out on the bike, probably the last chance I'll get till Easter.

I checked the weather forecast it wasn't too bad.

Off I went towards Wales, no dramas to start with, dry bright, slightly windy.

Got a couple of tags and made my way towards Bala over the mountains,

oh dear oh dear, driving horizontal rain gusty winds! blew me all over the place!

But it calmed down a bit so I carried on.

Later on I approached a line of traffic somewhere around Oswestry/Wrexham,

they were stationary so I filtered past.Could see another line of stationary traffic

in the distance facing the other way!

Sat there for a few minutes nobody moved, I could feel the bike moving about in the wind

even sat still with both feet down.

A car going my way went for it and crossed the gap! I didn't see anything untoward

so I went for it!

OMG! I thought I was off! either the bike, the bridge or both!

really strong side winds! I have no idea how I stayed on!

Trouble is I was now stuck between 2 bridges! I didn't fancy turning around so I carried on

I was really properly scared! never got the last tag I was going for anyway! :?

What a Nob! :lol:

Me! Yesterday! :?

I really wanted to get out on the bike, probably the last chance I'll get till Easter.

I checked the weather forecast it wasn't too bad.

Off I went towards Wales, no dramas to start with, dry bright, slightly windy.

Got a couple of tags and made my way towards Bala over the mountains,

oh dear oh dear, driving horizontal rain gusty winds! blew me all over the place!

But it calmed down a bit so I carried on.

Later on I approached a line of traffic somewhere around Oswestry/Wrexham,

they were stationary so I filtered past.Could see another line of stationary traffic

in the distance facing the other way!

Sat there for a few minutes nobody moved, I could feel the bike moving about in the wind

even sat still with both feet down.

A car going my way went for it and crossed the gap! I didn't see anything untoward

so I went for it!

OMG! I thought I was off! either the bike, the bridge or both!

really strong side winds! I have no idea how I stayed on!

Trouble is I was now stuck between 2 bridges! I didn't fancy turning around so I carried on

I was really properly scared! never got the last tag I was going for anyway! :?

What a Nob! :lol:

I know that bridge on the A483 - it can be proper scary when the wind is really blowing. Best not to get blown over the side of the bridge as it's a long way down. The trick is to head for the pie shop at Corwen, get a bit of ballast on board and you're fine on the way back.

I think just about every car driver I encountered on my way into work this morning gets the "nob of the day" award. Lights on, big yellow bike, loud exhaust... doesn't make a difference.

Idiots still pull out into you. I had to really control the urge to smash one gits mirror off. So many idiots out there. I lost count at how many pulled out on me.

The twit who thought it would be a good idea to replace the sugar fondant pack in one of my beehives without donning the bee suit.

I'll be quick. They won't notice. I'll be fine - they're not too active right now.

Oh bugger, bugger, bugger - OW!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tonight Mathew I am knob of the day.

When welding its best not to forget you put the auto darkening mask onto grinding ie off.

Ouch. Get to boots n get some eye drops.

Won't take it away but will ease it slightly

It's not too bad, think it just shortened my time to needing glasses by another month lol.

My dad often welds, stick and gas without a mask, he's 86 and unlikely to change now and oddly enough the only real problem he has is with his hearing, its especially bad if he has to pay for something when I'm nearby, I have a sneaking suspension it's selective hearing.

The workshop at my place often have to weld all over the place, there is a welding bay but often it's required on the job.

They have screens to put up in this instance but they never do, :evil:. Luckily I'm usually far enough away not to burn my eyes.

The workshop at my place often have to weld all over the place, there is a welding bay but often it's required on the job.

They have screens to put up in this instance but they never do, :evil:. Luckily I'm usually far enough away not to burn my eyes.

Time for H&S to pay a visit. There is no excuse to not use protective gear.

Well the best trick is to put the screen near where they are welding but not covering the actual spot :lol:. Nothing will come of H&S issues here until an accident happens, it's too small a company.

• 2 weeks later...

Today driving through the Yorkshire dales in my work van, two Lycra twats, one riding on the side of the road and the other riding on the white lines in the middle of the road effectively stopping any vehicles getting past. Bar stewards

Well the best trick is to put the screen near where they are welding but not covering the actual spot :lol:. Nothing will come of H&S issues here until an accident happens, it's too small a company.

At my brother's old workplace someone welded a spike on the side of the workbench to hang tools on. My brother bent down to pick something up and turned around as he stood up and the spike went through his eyeball. We now call him Cyclops. Only one eye, but he did get a massive payout.