What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Just fitted replaced the camshafts and rockers in my ER5 engine .. It was a little nerve-racking doing the cam caps up to torque after reading fastbobs experience but it went OK! :)

Next job will be to switch it back into the bike and get it running.

Got these fitted, used them before and found them to be pretty good, makes adjusting the chain easier and more accurate. Really need to tidy my garage up though, job for this afternoon, about forty minutes and lot of foul language to find my torque wrench this morning, the garage looks like someone opened the door and threw a hand grenade in! :lol:

IMG_0615.thumb.jpeg.5ab4c2b792f97fcf1148ceee0b5091e3.jpeg

Got these fitted, used them before and found them to be pretty good, makes adjusting the chain easier and more accurate. Really need to tidy my garage up though, job for this afternoon, about forty minutes and lot of foul language to find my torque wrench this morning, the garage looks like someone opened the door and threw a hand grenade in! :lol:

IMG_0615.jpeg

Do you have a link for those? The chain adjusters as opposed to grenades :idea:

IMG_0615.jpeg

https://www.lightechuk.com

:thumb:

IMG_0615.jpeg

Ohhh i like the look of those. I hate mine.

IMG_0615.jpeg

https://www.lightechuk.com

:thumb:

Thanks very much, although sadly there's nothing for Triumph. Better sell the bike and get another Beemer :D

IMG_0615.jpeg

Ohhh i like the look of those. I hate mine.

Would definitely recommend them, good bits of kit, originally, so I was told, made for track bikes.

I raced a Harley today. I was riding through the twisting sections of a back country road with no straight sections to speak of and where most of the bends have warning signs that say "40 ARAF". I knew if I was going to pass him, it would have to be a place where handling and rider skill are more important than horsepower alone.

I saw the guy up ahead as I exited one of the turns and knew I could catch him. I concentrated on my braking and cornering. A few corners later, I was on his rear wheel. Catching him was one thing; passing him would prove to be another.

Two corners later, I pulled up next to him as we sailed down a hill. I think he was shocked to see me next to him. I almost got by him before he could recover. Next corner, same thing. I'd manage to pull up next to him as we started to enter the corners but when we came out he'd get on the throttle and outpower me.

My only hope was to outbrake him. I held off squeezing the lever until the last instant. I kept my nerve while he lost his. In an instant I was by him. Corner after corner, I could hear the roar of his engine as he struggled to keep up.

Three more miles to go before the road straightens out and he would pass me for good.

But now I was in the lead and he would no longer hold me back. I stretched out my lead and by the time we reached the end of the twisties, he was more than a full corner behind. I could no longer see him in my rear-view mirror.

Once the road did straighten out, it seemed like it took miles before he passed me, but it was probably just a few hundred yards. I was no match for that kind of horsepower, but it was done. In the tightest section of road, where bravery and skill count for more than horsepower and deep pockets, I had passed him.

I will always remember that moment.....

Cos I don't think I've ever pedalled so hard in my life........

• Haha 1

Yesterday to be honest but it did take all day!!

Fitted a KOSO copy speedo / tacho unit to the GS125. Full story here is you have trouble sleeping tonight.

https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=73922&p=1158483#p1158483

may be of use to anyone getting one of these.

2025711197_Ebaylistingofspeedo.thumb.png.78a04b210fe4c43a518c02269a1d6137.png

Rob B

Went for a bimble on Xena covered 64 miles, stopped for a couple of photos then came home :thumb:

P1020773.JPG

P1020772.JPG

Ride reports!!!

You wouldn't have been too far from [mention]Swagman[/mention] :lol:

Went for a bimble on Xena covered 64 miles, stopped for a couple of photos then came home :thumb:

P1020773.JPG

P1020772.JPG

Ride reports!!!

You wouldn't have been too far from @Swagman :lol:

Didn't see him though, mind you he might have seen me coming and ran :lol: :thumb:

P1020773.JPG

P1020772.JPG

Ride reports!!!

Didn't see him though

You won't......unless you were kerb crawling outside the Old Folks Home!

Guest Swagman

P1020773.JPG

P1020772.JPG

Ride reports!!!

Didn't see him though, mind you he might have seen me coming and ran :lol: :thumb:

You were a couple of hundred yards from me Dynax just the other side of the river. :thumb: :thumb:

Guest Swagman

Ride reports!!!

Didn't see him though

You won't......unless you were kerb crawling outside the Old Folks Home!

Twat. :D

Ride reports!!!

You were a couple of hundred yards from me Dynax just the other side of the river. :thumb: :thumb:

That's probably too close :lol:

Guest Swagman

That's probably too close :lol:

Yeah you maybe right Stu. :D :D

Ride reports!!!

I was tempted to ride up and down shouting " SWAGGERS WHERE ARE YOU" :lol: :thumb: