What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

15 minutes ago, raesewell said:

Don't get WD40 near your brakes!

No, I'll be using the proper stuff for brakes.

WD40 is just to lubricate wire wool/ Brillo pads to cleans the rims.

Clean it, changed oil and oil filter, cleaned and lubed chain, put it on ABBA stand, chain it to the ground anchor, covered and instructed guard dog what to do in case someone is around.

it’s time to go back on board, I hate myself:classic_angry:

21 hours ago, Marino said:

Clean it, changed oil and oil filter, cleaned and lubed chain, put it on ABBA stand, chain it to the ground anchor, covered and instructed guard dog what to do in case someone is around.

it’s time to go back on board, I hate myself:classic_angry:

So you still sitting alongside in Belfast  or gone someplace warmer?

29 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

So you still sitting alongside in Belfast  or gone someplace warmer?

No since september ship went to Germany, Mukran in Baltic, but we will go to China by the end of December or early January.

ship will get Chinese flag and crew to cruise in China by the time rest of the world wake up and allow us to cruise.

so far we were lucky to keep our jobs and salaries, but if we don’t start cruise soon all ships will go to Chinese market.

fingers crossed

:popcorn: 

2 hours ago, Fish said:

Washed the bike then cleaned/waxed the chain. Getting pi$$ed off with not having bobbins to make the rear stand an easy task to do.

Fish

what you need is a bike with a centre stand :classic_wink:

56 minutes ago, Marino said:

No since september ship went to Germany, Mukran in Baltic, but we will go to China by the end of December or early January.

ship will get Chinese flag and crew to cruise in China by the time rest of the world wake up and allow us to cruise.

so far we were lucky to keep our jobs and salaries, but if we don’t start cruise soon all ships will go to Chinese market.

fingers crossed

:popcorn: 

🤞

• Like 1

6 hours ago, geofferz said:

Get bobbins! They're about £20

Then add the £55 for the bobbin mounting brackets to replace the OE Yam 125 chain adjuster blocks. :(

I'm hoping to not keep the bike that long so dont want to spend anything I don't really have to on it.

Fish

21 minutes ago, Fish said:

Then add the £55 for the bobbin mounting brackets to replace the OE Yam 125 chain adjuster blocks. :(

I'm hoping to not keep the bike that long so dont want to spend anything I don't really have to on it.

Is your rear axle hollow ?  As i use this for the old cbr600 

Its a length of threaded rod that goes through and i just attach bobbins and use that for quick lift 

( Remove after use though)

IMG_20201130_125746415.thumb.jpg.13b3acc569f8cc8febc92dd69cfc2243.jpg

IMG_20201130_125757119.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fish said:

Fish

I assumed all bikes could take bobbins 

3 minutes ago, geofferz said:

I assumed all bikes could take bobbins 

They are relatively newish really about 20 years old! so anything pre 2000 is hit and miss and even newer bikes are too 

• Like 1