Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Morning!

Does anyone ever wake up, and realise something from sometimes years ago? As if it was bubbling away in the back of your head somewhere and then one day your brain says "Remember this, well you missed this detail". Its happened to me twice this past week, one of them from well over a decade ago. When I was a teen on my apprenticeship, working on minimum wage, rotated between 3 shirts and 2 jeans in my cupboard, someone started a rumour that I was from some affluent family, and I "had money". I used to get all sorts of weird jibes, and when I bought a bike I'd get someone asking "who paid for that?".

I found it funny if anything, my joke back to some stuff was "Yeah, you should see my mums Ferrari red Mazda 3. 1.6 litres of raw power". What I didn't mention is that I barely spoke to my parents for a couple of years as we fell out pretty badly. 

Finally twigged who it was as I woke up, my girlfriend spotted I was staring daggers at the ceiling as I quietly regretted being clueless :lol:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

You've met my daughter I see.

My daughter doesn’t drink a lot of coffee, but any she does has to be strong enough that the spoon stands up in it. 

11 hours ago, Bender said:

Other than impending ww3 it's great 😁 

It might be over very quickly, it was reported a few years back that the silos are in a sorry state generally speaking. But as with anything Russia related, it could just be a pack of lies. 

We basically just lived through a plague to be greeted by a war. This planet is a bit messed up now....

Oh, good morning :lol:

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

It might be over very quickly, it was reported a few years back that the silos are in a sorry state generally speaking. But as with anything Russia related, it could just be a pack of lies. 

We basically just lived through a plague to be greeted by a war. This planet is a bit messed up now....

Oh, good morning :lol:

Yup that's what we said, 2 years of crap, first day of freedom and a war in europe Ffs, hope the paranoid twat catches covid or accidentally falls out of one of them Russian windows. 

• Like 1

With all the price hikes happening in practically every one of my bills I've got to say I got a pleasant surprise this morning with my car insurance renewal..... £10 cheaper a month than  last year.:yay:

IMG-20220304-WA0000~2.jpeg

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

With all the price hikes happening in practically every one of my bills I've got to say I got a pleasant surprise this morning with my car insurance renewal..... £10 cheaper a month than  last year.:yay:

Yeah, but only because they know you won't be able to afford to put any petrol it in to drive it. 

• Sad 1

Good afternoon!

Tonight I'm having a kebab and some bevvies. 

Tomorrow I'm helping out in my mates engine repair shop. Rebuilding two sets of callipers, trying to get an old ramp working, and whatever else I've got time for. Then Sunday I'm seeing an old neighbour to fix her oven bulb and check some things over on her car, she's in her late 70's, and we've kept in touch as my dad recognised her as the midwife who delivered me in Wythenshawe hospital, 1990. So probably the least I can do :lol:

Have a good weekend all

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Tiggie said:

Look at the date. They are just having you on!

• Haha 1

Evening all! 

All work no play this week! 

Bloody shower pump packed up yesterday morning so I had to fit a new one after work yesterday! 

The thing was less than a year old too! straight swap for a new one with no arguments 

• Like 2

Good Morning :classic_biggrin: We've got both Sue's daughters and other halves here!

Wedding planning! :scratch:

My daughter is also getting married around the same time!(next year)

I could do with a Euromillions win! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, rennie said:

Good Morning :classic_biggrin: We've got both Sue's daughters and other halves here!

Wedding planning! :scratch:

My daughter is also getting married around the same time!(next year)

I could do with a Euromillions win! :classic_biggrin:

but did you buy a ticket last night ?

Edited by skyrider
  • Haha 1