Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Trip to b&q this morning (yes they were open, poor sods!!) to buy some concrete and fix an exterior windowsill that has somehow had a giant chunk fall off in the middle of the night :sad:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, goat said:

10km country walk. Back home for a spot of lunch, then cooking pork belly for dinner. Tis the season of pork.

The only thing I miss from Norfolk. Dry weather on New Year’s Day. 😃

• Like 2

On 01/01/2023 at 16:37, Steve_M said:

The only thing I miss from Norfolk. Dry weather on New Year’s Day. 😃

Bloody Norfolk mates posting photos of their rides around North Norfolk when all the roads around here have great swathes of black ice on them.

Still, I got chance to go for a bit of a stroll …

966FE556-6B36-4854-809F-A06499740690.jpeg

• Like 1

Good afternoon.

Worked last week, but the last 10 days are a weird blur. Landed back to news a breaker panel is running 12 weeks late on a major hospital refit... Yikes... But other than that, fires to put out are low. 

Had an ace gift from my girlfriend who was in the Isle of Wight visiting family. My trip to Japan this Spring now has a 2 day trip to Tokyo Disney. Which will really break up the non-stop cultural experiences. I'm very active, so on holidays if I'm not doing something from quad bikes, jet skies, rollercoasters etc, I tend to get a bit disinterested, though I try to not show it. Really caught me off guard as this is "her" big holiday. So it's now 1-0, and I've got to come up with something big for her birthday that she celebrates out there. :scratch:

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

Good afternoon.

Worked last week, but the last 10 days are a weird blur. Landed back to news a breaker panel is running 12 weeks late on a major hospital refit... Yikes... But other than that, fires to put out are low. 

Had an ace gift from my girlfriend who was in the Isle of Wight visiting family. My trip to Japan this Spring now has a 2 day trip to Tokyo Disney. Which will really break up the non-stop cultural experiences. I'm very active, so on holidays if I'm not doing something from quad bikes, jet skies, rollercoasters etc, I tend to get a bit disinterested, though I try to not show it. Really caught me off guard as this is "her" big holiday. So it's now 1-0, and I've got to come up with something big for her birthday that she celebrates out there. :scratch:

A new Harley might be the way forwards! 👌

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Git said:

A new Harley might be the way forwards! 👌

I've tried more than once to suggest she learn to ride if I put a small Honda in front of her, but it was firmly no dice!

22 hours ago, onesea said:

Good morning to you sir .. 🫣

guess I am going to have to sharpen my timings now your back at work...😁

Good Evening :classic_biggrin: Don't think I'll be on nights for long! factory are laid off again :scratch:

• Sad 5

6 hours ago, rennie said:

Good Evening :classic_biggrin: Don't think I'll be on nights for long! factory are laid off again :scratch:

Well good morning 😜..

I doubt my work will be stopping anytime soon...

If it does it won't be doing good for anyone IMHO.

• Like 1

Taxed and rode the R1 today, 8 weeks ahead of schedule.

Scooter is off the road, waiting for new pads so been using OHs car for the last two days.

She needed her car today so I was going to use the M3, got in it at 7.15, started it up and a rear light warning came up and I noticed the brake lights were stuck on. Restarted it a couple of times and it didn't fix itself.

Gave that up and quickly taxed the R1, dragged it out the garage, checked the tyre pressures and set off, still got to work on time.

• Like 2

Good evening. It’s a Sunday and I’ve been a bit busy hitting walls with an SDS drill and chisels. It’s a bit worrying when you encounter electrical wiring that does this…

And for those of you who know about old buildings needing to breathe, the second photo is the non-breathable cement that had to be chipped off to reveal the stone walling. 

E9B780A5-1455-4B76-AD86-915862FEFC2E.jpeg

A72E88C6-D221-4329-BE55-24C80F2FD97B.jpeg

• Like 2

Went to the classic bike show at Newark after @Trooper74mentioned it the other week. 12 quid advanced tickets went in the car sadly still not ready for 2 wheels. Entered a £2 raffle to win a joey Dunlop colours grom! Was quite a good day just nice to get out. 

IMG_20230108_124224.jpg

• Like 3