Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

I’ve just phoned my local Motorrad dealer to enquire about fitting new tyres to the GS. “We don’t have anyone in the service area to take your call, can you call back Monday?”.

Astonishing lack of planning not to have cover, and on a Saturday which, I guess, is probably a busy day. 

Now looking for alternative supply/fit… 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Steve_M said:

I’ve just phoned my local Motorrad dealer to enquire about fitting new tyres to the GS. “We don’t have anyone in the service area to take your call, can you call back Monday?”.

Astonishing lack of planning not to have cover, and on a Saturday which, I guess, is probably a busy day. 

Probably too far away for you, unless you want a decent ride home to scrub the new tyres in, but I bought a pair of Michelin Road 6 GT from Bike Tyres Leeds today. £333.00 😭. Fortunately Michelin have a £30.00 cashback offer ongoing until the end of the month, so they were ONLY £303.00 😮‍💨

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Yorky said:

Probably too far away for you, unless you want a decent ride home to scrub the new tyres in, but I bought a pair of Michelin Road 6 GT from Bike Tyres Leeds today. £333.00 😭. Fortunately Michelin have a £30.00 cashback offer ongoing until the end of the month, so they were ONLY £303.00 😮‍💨

Definitely too far but bloody useful information. Thanks 🙏

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Steve_M said:

I had the same when I needed new rubber for the AT I used a local independent garage happy with the results too

2 hours ago, Yorky said:

I'll be booking my bike in for a set of road 6 GT on Monday at my local bike shop. Over £300 fitted. Loved the Metzlers but I find they go from looking fine to being almost bald really quick. Son in law rates the Michelins really high so giving them a go.

• Like 2

I was out and about on the bike today and the roads are 3rd World. Utterly dire. Saw one being "repaired ". Shovel some tar in and run a mini roller over it. How long would you think that will last? A couple of months max I'd say.

26 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

I was out and about on the bike today and the roads are 3rd World. Utterly dire. Saw one being "repaired ". Shovel some tar in and run a mini roller over it. How long would you think that will last? A couple of months max I'd say.

Saw them repairing potholes on our road using the asphalt tubs pushed in to place with their boots, bloody piss take. This is the kind of stuff:

image.thumb.png.cf3d61d3c7e0118c9a9a49154c429a7f.png