Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Good morning :thumb:

Yesterday was a great success, it was their first bike meet, and over the course of the afternoon well over a hundred bikers came.

Some really nice looking machines too.

• Like 4

My good lady’s daughters bought her a voucher for a local hotel. We (she?) chose to go for afternoon tea. My word it was posh. We’re now really quite stuffed and will be foregoing tea. 

0918865E-5143-4F4D-A4DD-FD1D6B1541DF.jpeg

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Ian Frog said:

That looks like the kind of setup Chuck and Camila would be used to lol.

Cheers

Ian

It’s something I wouldn’t mind getting used to but not at the price - just pleased someone else paid. 

• Like 2

Good Morning :classic_biggrin:

So, having heard nothing since my on line application weeks ago I went to the jobcentre the other day!

the place was swarming with security guards and people with clipboards, after proving my identity (twice)

I got told I was in the wrong place , given a phone number to ring, and sent on my way. I phoned the number when I got home,

waited over 40 minutes for someone to answer and eventually got to speak to a person.

yesterday I got a very abrupt text telling me that I must attend an interview today! and provide the same ID again.

Guess where? Yep, the same place I went the other day! :scratch: to be told I was in the wrong place! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, rennie said:

So, having heard nothing since my on line application weeks ago I went to the jobcentre the other day!

the place was swarming with security guards and people with clipboards, after proving my identity (twice)

I got told I was in the wrong place , given a phone number to ring, and sent on my way. I phoned the number when I got home,

waited over 40 minutes for someone to answer and eventually got to speak to a person.

yesterday I got a very abrupt text telling me that I must attend an interview today! and provide the same ID again.

Guess where? Yep, the same place I went the other day! :scratch: to be told I was in the wrong place! :classic_biggrin:

Oh dear. It wasn’t quite so bad when I was unemployed ten years ago. Perhaps it’s a government initiative to show fewer people registering unemployed 🤷🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, rennie said:

I'm sure the job centre's were all out on strike recently asking for a pay rise I don't think it's yet resolved. Sounds like they are worth every penny 🤣 anything. Gov.uk related runs of burocracy and chaos I'm afraid. I'm sure the employees have long since given up and just put their pants on their heads  and pencils up their noses 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've been! I've cancelled my claim for JSA! I don't need the NI contributions and I can't be bothered jumping through all the hoops for a paltry amount which would then be even further reduced because of my Army pension :scratch:

I'll go again if/when I need to but for now I just CBA!

I really don't like the idea of having to prove that I'm going for jobs by showing them my phone/e-mails etc!

• Like 8