Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

6 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Got a bit of kit out I hadn't used since last year....and found two fivers in the pocket.  Good start to the day. 

Wot? You still use cash? How primitive.

Seriously down my way some places it's really hard to.use cash which is kind of annoying and as for the Scottish fiver I've got its like trying to spend monopoly money.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Wot? You still use cash? How primitive.

Seriously down my way some places it's really hard to.use cash which is kind of annoying and as for the Scottish fiver I've got its like trying to spend monopoly money.

I usually barter with beads and shiny stuff. But some places won't take them so I just keep a bit of cash for emergencies.  

• Haha 3

I hate having to do "refresher" courses which at £500 a pop aren't cheap either. Every 5 years and it's the same old shit. I'm doing the bloody job so wtf I need refresher courses I don't know. Plus it's on my own time too. Grrr.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Good morning :thumb:

Went to the Route A619 Diner Bike Night last night, hosted by The Biker Knights.

Good turnout and there was also the Classic car Meet there too.

Usually on every Tuesday from 5PM on the A619 between Worksop and Chesterfield.

https://www.google.fr/maps/place/Route+A619+Diner/@53.2881603,-1.2099727,15.75z/data=!4m6!3m5!1s0x4879a316a3fd7101:0xeb0fe7370deaf05!8m2!3d53.2895849!4d-1.212561!16s%2Fg%2F11fky_mg7k?hl=en

• Like 1

Working on the house lifting cork tiles from the downstairs toilet floor and the floor came up with them. No idea what the screed is made of but it was  a darn sight easier to get up than the tiles.

17FCF43D-9EFA-44EE-AF3A-6F39DEA36E42.jpeg

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Steve_M said:

Working on the house lifting cork tiles from the downstairs toilet floor and the floor came up with them. No idea what the screed is made of but it was  a darn sight easier to get up than the tiles.

17FCF43D-9EFA-44EE-AF3A-6F39DEA36E42.jpeg

That looks like the old black stuff councils used to level floors, bitumen/asphalt, breaks up very easily especially if you don't want it too, usually about 20mm thick depending how shit they were with concrete under it.

13 minutes ago, Bender said:

That looks like the old black stuff councils used to level floors, bitumen/asphalt, breaks up very easily especially if you don't want it too, usually about 20mm thick depending how shit they were with concrete under it.

Probably. I suspect it’s from the 1960’s refit of the house. There are still indications of the builder’s spurs and Stetson around the place.

The owner of the time thought he was being clever by setting up a fixed time and cost contract, with penalty clauses, with the builder. All it meant was that the builder took shortcuts as he ran out time and budget.

The builder also used building practices from the period which we now know are inappropriate for a building of this age, which we’re having to deal with at great expense - not helped by the current round of inflation. ☹️

• Sad 1

Good Morning :classic_biggrin: Today I am going to vote in the local elections

and I'm going to be brave and actually go to the jobcentre! :scratch:

I may need to go to the Pub after that! :cheers:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Back from buying stuff from Wickes, Carlisle. Whoever designed (I use the term loosely) the arrangement of items has a strange sense of humour.

Self levelling compound? All grouped together. Except for the brand I want which is in the diametrically opposite corner by the kitchens.

Laminate flooring underlay logically all grouped together by the laminate flooring. Except for the brand I want which is in the other corner (hidden behind the other end of the kitchen displays).

Aargh.

Edited by Steve_M
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rennie said:

Bloody unemployed, spending their dole down the pub… 😂 

Best of luck with the jobcentre. 🙏

• Haha 5

Yet another confirmation of why I do the job I do. I hate bloody commuting and I've only done it for3 days. Today's the last fortunately but to all you commuters - you have my deepest condolences. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, rennie said:

Best to go pub first then, make the whole experience less stressful 🤣:cheers:

• Haha 2