Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

12 hours ago, goat said:

It's just for work unfortunately so not too fussed about the weather, will only get to see an office and if I'm lucky a small bit of glentress. Driving back Friday. 

Thanks for mentioning Glentress. The cafe there looks a nice destination for a ride. 

19 hours ago, Steve_M said:

I really hope they find out who did this.

Sycamore gap vandalism

He has been arrested. You can only hope the sentence is to lock him up until such time as the tree grows back to its former height. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

He has been arrested. You can only hope the sentence is to lock him up until such time as the tree grows back to its former height. 

16 Years old from what I've read. And based on the playbook kids work to these days, it will have likely been to show off on Tiktok. And probably how he was caught as I doubt CCTV is particularly effective in that area. 

Hope the empty internet validation was worth it, as even if he gets a light sentence, I suspect him and his family will have dirty looks from the locals for the rest of their lives.

6 hours ago, Fozzie said:

16 Years old from what I've read. And based on the playbook kids work to these days, it will have likely been to show off on Tiktok. And probably how he was caught as I doubt CCTV is particularly effective in that area. 

Hope the empty internet validation was worth it, as even if he gets a light sentence, I suspect him and his family will have dirty looks from the locals for the rest of their lives.

Oh no im hoping he gets a bloody good kicking until the day he dies.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Old-codger said:

Oh no im hoping he gets a bloody good kicking until the day he dies.

The fact that they've arrested an adult as well seems to indicate more than mindless vandalism.  But it was only a tree after all.  Plant two more !

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, curlylegend said:

The fact that they've arrested an adult as well seems to indicate more than mindless vandalism.  But it was only a tree after all.  Plant two more !

200 years to get to that height!

Whoever was responsible (all involved) should be punished.

🙁

• Like 1

13 hours ago, curlylegend said:

But it was only a tree after all...

I recall the story of a science teacher who had a poster up in his classroom with the poem,

Twinkle twinkle little star

I know exactly what you are

An incandescent ball of gas

A million times our planet’s mass

A little Baptist girl in the class piped up,

"I don't like that poster"

The science teacher peered over his glasses with a condescending "hmm?"

"That's not what the stars are", she said, "that's what the stars are made of".

"We don't know what the stars are."

A more scientific statement had never before been uttered in that classroom .

"And anyway" she carried on, "why should I believe what you say, when you're just a bag of carbon and water"?

Made me smile, anyway .

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Maybe I should have clarified - a Streaker is a class of boat. I have bought one so joined the association.

A joke did come to mind, 2 old ladies were sitting on a park bench when a streaker ran past. One had a stroke, but the other couldn't reach

• Haha 7

I'm fooked 😂 6day week and today's relaxing involved splitting a very large pile of wood, moving our big log store because the wife doesn't like walking across grass in the winter 🤔. Then filling log store with three dumpy bags of freshly delivered logs.

Roll on Monday, maybe 7day week is best way to go.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Bender said:

I'm fooked 😂 6day week and today's relaxing involved splitting a very large pile of wood, moving our big log store because the wife doesn't like walking across grass in the winter 🤔. Then filling log store with three dumpy bags of freshly delivered logs.

Roll on Monday, maybe 7day week is best way to go.

The green people won't like you burning wood! All that bad smoke and stuff. Complete loons but make a lot of noise.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

The green people won't like you burning wood! All that bad smoke and stuff. Complete loons but make a lot of noise.

There's a tree near Hadrian's wall that's recently been chopped down. Seems a shame not to get some use out of it ?

• Haha 2