Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

53 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

Do I interpret right that's a 10 year estimated pay back time? 

My old man has fitted them to his property, and weirdly it was the addition of the batteries that cut the pay back time in half. Those things in theory should last about 15 years, before they need recycling. 

A back boiler might be a cheap solution to heat the home if you haven't got one already. I was going to fit one into my flat, but the previous tenant fully sealed off the access to the joint chimney. I was hoping to ship some of the surplus wood from my parents place home, and store it in my garage. Save on the gas bill as much as I can. Technically it's carbon neutral, so long as you grow a fresh tree.

It’s probably a 12 or 15 year payback if you take into account that the money otherwise could be sitting in a high interest account, plus solar panels get less efficient as they get older - probably balanced by the cost of electricity increasing over that time.  There are too many variables which would require making assumptions to establish a mildly accurate break even point. For us we hope that it makes the house more attractive to buyers when we have to sell - we know they don’t increase the value of the house but they should aid the EPC rating (this house needs all the help it can get to improve that figure! 

I don’t want to think about having a back boiler. In late 2019 we allocated a budget for renovations. The cost of materials have since rocketed and we have encountered many surprises during the work - few of them good, most of them a result of previous hastily completed building work. The situation not helped by the damage Liz Truss’ budget did to my good lady’s pension fund. Scope creep is being firmly managed. 🤐

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ian Frog said:

Ooh what are you looking at @S-Westerly ?

Another Multistrada I`m guessing.

Cheers

Ian

Actually I'm looking at a Moto Guzzi S100 Mandello S. Not sure yet,  need to do some talking. If this doesn't work out then probably back to a V2S but next year.

• Like 1

Good evening,  well I had the misfortune to be run into today,  by a cyclist!!! On the pavement in the middle of Stratford upon Avon xmas market of all places!!! 

I didn't say anythink,  one look from her was enough,  either pissed or stoned 🤔

But trying to cycle among the stalls??  Why,  never mind on the way to the pub now for a few drinks 😂

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mawsley said:

Morning.

I am looking for one glove. It’s grey, warm, thinsulate lining and part of a pair that I always use for dog walking in inclement weather.

Last seen (probably) in the mouth of a retriever.

If it didn't fetch it back you can't technically call it a retriever 😂

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Bender said:

If it didn't fetch it back you can't technically call it a retriever 😂

She retrieves socks, toilet rolls and anything else that takes her fancy. It’s where she retrieves them to that’s the issue - which is usually a hole in the garden. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, peepae said:

Saw two guys on dirtbikes today (both orange so not stolen I assume), no helmets and no license plate obviously.

hadn’t seen that before.

Common occurrence round these parts.

Morning. 

I’m going some this week. Barely 5am on the clock and I’d already cocked up my hotel booking in Amsterdam and cost me an extra £150. 

I wonder what other joys the day and week will bring?