Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

9 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

But..... I didn't hear a single "Cockney" accent the whole time. The place has certainly changed over the last 20 years or so.

Same thing in Bristol. Last time I was there I heard one Brissle accent the whole week. Like, where did they all go?

• Haha 2

Good afternoon.

You know those old codgers who are retired and then say stuff like “I don’t know how I had time to go to work”. They used to really annoy me. Guess what I’ve just said.

I think I may have somewhat overcommitted my time. Thankfully, two of the items on my todo require me to ride on the motorbike. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

Good afternoon.

You know those old codgers who are retired and then say stuff like “I don’t know how I had time to go to work”. They used to really annoy me. Guess what I’ve just said.

I think I may have somewhat overcommitted my time. Thankfully, two of the items on my todo require me to ride on the motorbike. 

For me it’s more about not being able to do the stuff I want to do coz family & friends think I must have loads of spare time & find ways of filling it, when I really should be on my bike.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Mickly said:

For me it’s more about not being able to do the stuff I want to do coz family & friends think I must have loads of spare time & find ways of filling it, when I really should be on my bike.

I do have the occasional challenge with the more local offspring (local 😂😂😂 100 miles away) asking me to do little jobs. I’ve, probably foolishly, agreed to coach at a local judo club for which I need to become a qualified coach, as well as other existing commitments. 

One reason for putting off retirement as long as I possibly can is because my wife has an ever increasing list of "when you retire" jobs. As it is I have the best of both worlds - work 6 months of the year doing something I mostly enjoy and then spend 6 months of the year lolling about "resting" from my labours. Occasionally get stuck with a bit of painting or gardening  but nothing too burdensome.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

One reason for putting off retirement as long as I possibly can is because my wife has an ever increasing list of "when you retire" jobs. As it is I have the best of both worlds - work 6 months of the year doing something I mostly enjoy and then spend 6 months of the year lolling about "resting" from my labours. Occasionally get stuck with a bit of painting or gardening  but nothing too burdensome.

Our “list of jobs when we retire” runs to several pages and isn’t getting shorter. It wasn’t helped with our relocation where we were to “downsize house - small project, upsize garden” turned into “same size house - big project, enormous and neglected garden”. “Big Project” is also susceptible to scope creep - I never envisaged the building of a rope bridge, for example, yet here we are mid-build. 

IMG_6164.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Steve_M said:

Our “list of jobs when we retire” runs to several pages and isn’t getting shorter. It wasn’t helped with our relocation where we were to “downsize house - small project, upsize garden” turned into “same size house - big project, enormous and neglected garden”. “Big Project” is also susceptible to scope creep - I never envisaged the building of a rope bridge, for example, yet here we are mid-build. 

IMG_6164.jpeg

Monkey Bridge GIF

• Haha 3

On 08/02/2024 at 15:32, S-Westerly said:

But..... I didn't hear a single "Cockney" accent the whole time.

Consider yourself lucky if you even heard English !

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Steve_M said:

Good afternoon.

I don't have time to do work or the other stuff, the wife thinks I won't be able to handle retirement 😂 

• Like 1

Morning all, so after a stressful work week, and more SNOW, we are taking a trip to the cost, Whitby, Steam Punk weekend, not a clan member, but they do add some interest to the day, all good so far, but, she who must be obeyed wont consider going on the bike, her argument, only you have heated grips!

Need to work on a killer response, any ideas?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, rennie said:

Good Morning :classic_biggrin:

If/When I retire I'm hoping to do nowt! :cheers:

What!!!  No Karioke?  No rides on t'bike?

You must be insane!

Drink more beer - It will make you feel better!  🍺

• Haha 2