Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

48 minutes ago, Mr Fro said:

Dude, I feel your pain.

I've only just finished the downstairs shitter and the wife said today over lunch "When are we going to make a start on the living room?".

Translation for those who don't speak wife: "Why the f**k aren't you half way through doing it yet you lazy tw*t?"

She's already started "thinking about" the bathroom, ensuite and kitchen so I just know that's minimally my summer f*cked.

When we moved up here we had discussed “taking on a bit of a project”. I had in mind somewhere that needed an extension or a little remodelling. My idea of a little project and my good lady’s idea of a little project  differ considerably.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, goat said:

I love kitchen shopping. Hopefully doing ours soon. 

Actually, the shopping so far has been painless. We popped into Hexham and the woman in the shop was very helpful. She actually found some kitchen finishes that my good lady likes, not an easy task. We’ve asked them to help with the design and price the job up. I suspect I will need to lie down when the quote arrives. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

Actually, the shopping so far has been painless. We popped into Hexham and the woman in the shop was very helpful. She actually found some kitchen finishes that my good lady likes, not an easy task. We’ve asked them to help with the design and price the job up. I suspect I will need to lie down when the quote arrives. 

I've been using the diy kitchens planner to plan ours. Already been appliance and lighting shopping as we see good deals online. Just got to pin the bloody builders done to take a wall out and build the extension.

1 hour ago, Steve_M said:

Hmmm not sure about lie down, do you have a pice of furniture you can bend over face first? 

• Sad 1

Good morning :thumb:

I seem to be getting my appetite back, still have a cough and a sore throat but I have some stuff to help out with that, still can't drink coffee though so i am still on tea.

Need to go shopping this morning, and see how I feel this afternoon and might go out for a ride.

:cheers:

Edited by dynax
  • Like 3

Morning :)

Just got a very expensive quote for my Pan European...

£87 for full cover + breakdown (EU Incl.)

On the other hand, a £40 discount on renewal of the shadow :thumb: 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, husoi said:

Stop being smug. It's unbecoming. 😁

• Like 1

8 hours ago, husoi said:

Isn't that about the same price as fish and chips in London? 😂

• Haha 3

On 28/01/2022 at 21:29, Bender said:

If pilot stays on until main burner lights couple of things it should be. 

Over temp cut off, fault with circulation or over temp device. 

Pilot partially blocked, main burner is pulling pilot flame away from pilot thermocouple. 

Thermocouple on the way out

Balanced flue is flecked and its causing inlet to mix with outlet and your all doomed 

Well I got the first quote in today!!! Had thought maybe buying a new toy this year, but when the Boiler quote came in at £3,129.65, think it maybe another year on the VFR!! 

Wonder what the others will Quote!! Everyone reckons these were the cheapest firm around😟.

• Sad 3

3 minutes ago, oldgrump said:

Well I got the first quote in today!!! Had thought maybe buying a new toy this year, but when the Boiler quote came in at £3,129.65, think it maybe another year on the VFR!! 

Wonder what the others will Quote!! Everyone reckons these were the cheapest firm around😟.

What are you converting from too? 

2k should cover boiler and tank to combi, combi swap way under that, boiler with 10yr warranty ain't that bad 

1 hour ago, Bender said:

What are you converting from too? 

2k should cover boiler and tank to combi, combi swap way under that, boiler with 10yr warranty ain't that bad 

Hi @Bender, staying with a old style system, having a Vaillant Ecofit pure 418 Regular fitted, but they have found a small leak under floor, so have to remove water tank in airing cupboard, to fix the leak.

but yes I must admit it's near a £1000.00 over what I thought!! 

Edited by oldgrump

I am not looking forward to the new gas prices. Our house comes with the job which is great (until I retire of course) but we pay the energy bills for heating a house far bigger than we need for just the two of us. It's already around £2400 a year which is a sizeable chunk of my income.

• Sad 5

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I am not looking forward to the new gas prices. Our house comes with the job which is great (until I retire of course) but we pay the energy bills for heating a house far bigger than we need for just the two of us. It's already around £2400 a year which is a sizeable chunk of my income.

That is not a good situation to be in I dont know the construction of your house but there are various grants that landlords can get to insulate properties. Some are free like cavity wall insulation to loft insulation and on to double glazing in some cases. Impress on your landlord in the light of global warming and going green that they need to do their bit.

• Like 1