Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Trying to get my wife ready to depart for our holiday. I'm sure launching a space shuttle must be easier. Dare not say anything as the rage heaped upon my head would be awesome.

• Haha 5

55 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Trying to get my wife ready to depart for our holiday. I'm sure launching a space shuttle must be easier. Dare not say anything as the rage heaped upon my head would be awesome.

Say something and film it please. We all want to see.

I've been feeding my lady with false times, she actually told me to do it, but then forgot she gave me that instruction so I got away with it for ages. She'll ask what time she has to be ready for and depending on the occasion I'll say a time 10-30 minutes earlier than she actually needs to be. If it's a family meet up, just the 10, but if it's a big do or something with her friends, nearer 30. As she'll be putting in more effort and run later. 

Got away with it for ages before she clocked. Was tougher to spot as the variable times just made it look like I was getting the time wrong. She remembered telling me to use this tactic, but not before getting a slap when I fessed up :lol: 

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, rennie said:

I tag Sue on FB and ask her if she's ready yet!:classic_biggrin:

been doing it years still alive :thumb:

One of these days she'll unfriend you :lol:

• Haha 2

Was in Cambridge the other evening. There were a preponderance of these eskutas. In the main used for takeaway deliveries and ridden in the familiar delivery riders style of complete abandon and total chaos. Ridden on pavements, footpaths, the road, with no registration or helmet. Apparently legal as they have foldaway pedals so classed as an electric bicycle? 

image.png.0719d8a3d1a89516377878d0b6f0d4e3.png

23 hours ago, goat said:

Was in Cambridge the other evening. There were a preponderance of these eskutas. In the main used for takeaway deliveries and ridden in the familiar delivery riders style of complete abandon and total chaos. Ridden on pavements, footpaths, the road, with no registration or helmet. Apparently legal as they have foldaway pedals so classed as an electric bicycle? 

image.png.0719d8a3d1a89516377878d0b6f0d4e3.png

They are still restrained by rules supposedly

No more than 250w, supposed to show power output or motor manufacturer so it can be checked and max speed assist of 15mph, when your overtaken by one on a path whilst doing 20 it's a bit obvious, twats.

On 13/05/2023 at 08:47, Bender said:

They are still restrained by rules supposedly

No more than 250w, supposed to show power output or motor manufacturer so it can be checked and max speed assist of 15mph, when your overtaken by one on a path whilst doing 20 it's a bit obvious, twats.

Would you want a cold pizza ? 

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, fastbob said:

Would you want a cold pizza ? 

Actually I quite like a cold pizza.

On the subject of e scooters - in Spanish cities they are everywhere but mainly being ridden responsibly on bike paths or roads. I suspect they don't have the idiocy we have where you can rent one off a council but not own one privately which means there's no regulation at all.

• Like 1

We were in Florence recently and the e-scooters, e-bikes were a ‘kin nuisance weaving in and out of the pedestrians in pedestrian areas. But too be fair so we’re the mopeds and Vespa type scooters. 🙄

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JRH said:

We were in Florence recently and the e-scooters, e-bikes were a ‘kin nuisance weaving in and out of the pedestrians in pedestrian areas. But too be fair so we’re the mopeds and Vespa type scooters. 🙄

Here's a scooter we passed in Rome 

PXL_20230429_162255311.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1