Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

10 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

If that's Longhorsley in Northumberland we almost bought a house there back in the day. Didn't know there was a coffee stop there as usually flee through it on my way to Rothbury. 

Yup, that’s the one. I was heading towards Rothbury via Otterburn on route to the East Coast, but I noticed a sign for “Winter’s Gibbet viewpoint” so went to see what that was (as you do. Or, I do 🤔). Having diverted i continued on to Longhorsley thus bypassing Rothbury. 

B2C06F34-AFC0-4765-A715-CBF5C4656EB3.jpeg

4C8CA599-52F7-4D81-8B90-3710B9994B9D.jpeg

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

If that's Longhorsley in Northumberland we almost bought a house there back in the day. Didn't know there was a coffee stop there as usually flee through it on my way to Rothbury. 

It's a running fox I think, just on corner of junction, there's a pizza place bout a mile down the road heading inland, I cut through that way many many times.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bender said:

It's a running fox I think, just on corner of junction, there's a pizza place bout a mile down the road heading inland, I cut through that way many many times.

It’s on the corner of West Rd and the A697. Ish.

204AEC79-B4F0-4260-B7D8-AAB63771E7C0.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Steve_M said:

It’s on the corner of West Rd and the A697. Ish.

204AEC79-B4F0-4260-B7D8-AAB63771E7C0.jpeg

Not the one I was thinking of 🤔

I was thinking long fram next village further up, the pizza place is still down that road though 😂 and a chip van is in the opposite corner to that shop couple of evenings a week.

• Like 1

Good evening. Currently chilling with a glass of red wine after a pretty enjoyable trip up to Glasgow -ish. I took a circuitous route through Dumfries and Galloway/ Ayrshire … some cracking roads and scenery. Shame about some heavy traffic in the more populated spots around Ayr. 

7AB14CFB-C5B9-4E1A-A2BB-03CABE1FDB43.jpeg

18C704B9-0D04-4C03-BE3C-14EED0234A88.jpeg

9334F1FB-8F67-4782-B45E-7F274FDB0CF3.jpeg

• Like 4

On 04/06/2023 at 09:27, Bender said:

Still full of germs,seems to be doing the rounds, sore throat followed by it going straight to your chest, I've faired better than the wife... Ohh yea good morning 

I've got it now. Blaming you! 

Better update my Norton antivirus before I catch anything from Stu and his dodgy laybys :lol:

• Haha 3

Good afternoon!

This sunny weather has broken the average for the year. Before a couple of weeks ago when it suddenly brightened up, I was saying how cold and wet it has been for the first half of this year. Was out on the bike with the girlfriend on Sunday, took her for a potter around while it was still early. 

The weather has really affected the work from home staff. You notice a lot of meetings don't happen, or are short, and lots of staff are hard to reach for chunks of the day. You wonder what percentage are in their garden soaking up some sun/beer, but then again I'm here jabbering away on a forum so who am I to complain? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Might be sunny but I don't count 18 C as warm, especially if I am on the bike.

By comparison, anything over 16 C is summer for me!

Makes it ironic that my favourite holiday locations are the southern states of America.

• Like 1

Morning. Rabbit with myxomatosis in the garden this morning. Always a cheery site. Last time I dealt with one was whilst running a corporate volunteer day on a country park. They weren't too cheery to see it go to heaven and all scattered again when I chucked it on the pile of burning bramble to get rid of it. Still, I'm sure it gave them a memorable day.