Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Got the leaf blower going. Feeling very smug with myself at the moment :lol:

It had compression, fuel looked to be flowing nicely. no spark at all, so tried another plug and still no spark. Had a look at the ignition coil and it had quite a few patches of rust all over. Gave it a scrub down and put it back together and got a nice bright spark :D, wasn't expecting it to work and had took the below photo so I could look on ebay later for a new coil.

PXL_20230727_112956493.MP (1).jpg

It pretty much fired up on first pull and is running fine. Bargain! :cheers:

• Like 6

Afternoon all.

Time for renewal of breakdown cover for the bikes.

the 2 bikes for £235 including the Pan with EU cover and the shadow with full UK cover.

Meaning I can go for the cheaper insurance for the bikes at £65 and £71 :thumb: 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tiggie said:

Got the leaf blower going. Feeling very smug with myself at the moment :lol:

It had compression, fuel looked to be flowing nicely. no spark at all, so tried another plug and still no spark. Had a look at the ignition coil and it had quite a few patches of rust all over. Gave it a scrub down and put it back together and got a nice bright spark :D, wasn't expecting it to work and had took the below photo so I could look on ebay later for a new coil.

PXL_20230727_112956493.MP (1).jpg

It pretty much fired up on first pull and is running fine. Bargain! :cheers:

It's amazing what spme people throw away. I spotted a Hayter mower next to a skip I'm a neighbour's drive. He said I could have it as it wouldn't start. All that was wrong was that the starter battery was flat.

I got it going, took it back, but he didn't want it. It was nearly a grand's worth of mower. I donated it to a local charity for their grounds where it ran for years. 

• Like 4

Good morning , and happy Friday. The end of a long week. Hopefully getting a small weld done on my restoration project today. Final prep for respray / powdercoat the frame will follow.

• Like 2

On my ride back from Glasgow yesterday I notice the many electronic signs with various road safety messages on. Typically 

“ Have you had your eyesight checked”

”Tiredness kills. Take a break” (just before a service area!).

”Wear a seat belt - it’s the law”

”Soft tyres use more fuel”

”Child seats must be of an approved standard”

”Watch your distance”

”Watch your speed”

etc.

The one that I really was hoping would make an appearance would be something along the lines of “move to the near side  lane you wazzok”…

Seriously, why do people drive in the middle lane at 62.3mph (ok, I made that up, but you know what I mean) for mikes with no chance of overtaking the only vehicle on the inside lane that’s a mile down the road?

Edited by Steve_M
  • Like 6

21 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

Seriously, why do people drive in the middle lane at 62.3mph (ok, I made that up, but you know what I mean) for mikes with no chance of overtaking the only vehicle on the inside lane that’s a mile down the road?

Seemed to be something in the air yesterday, as there were loads.

If they are doing under the speed limit, you are legally allowed to pass them on the inside. As it is treated as your lane making "better progress". Otherwise in high traffic conditions when some lanes move quicker, you'd be liable to be done for undertaking. 

I was driving back from Wales with my brother yesterday morning, and there were a good 5 or 6 occasions where we just passed a slow driver on the inside. Both on the dual carriageways and the main motorway. I think only 1 pulled in behind us after we did so. I was just on cruise control, moving out for lorries, moving back in when past. 

My brother chuckled about it, and mentioned he'd not seen that many lane hoggers in a single journey for a while. Is it the school holidays? Fatigue addled parents brains? Who knows. But the standard of driving does seem to be dipping. 

2 hours ago, goat said:

I think we need to come up with a better method for packaging smoked salmon. I can never identify the individual slices. 

Buy a side and slice it yourself. Easiest way I know.

1 hour ago, Steve_M said:

On my ride back from Glasgow yesterday I notice the many electronic signs with various road safety messages on. Typically 

“ Have you had your eyesight checked”

”Tiredness kills. Take a break” (just before a service area!).

”Wear a seat belt - it’s the law”

”Soft tyres use more fuel”

”Child seats must be of an approved standard”

”Watch your distance”

”Watch your speed”

etc.

The one that I really was hoping would make an appearance would be something along the lines of “move to the near side  lane you wazzok”…

Next up, "Don't run with scissors" 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3