Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

8 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Ive obviously missed something, not the evil Covid I hope?

Don't think so, been for test though, awaiting results, have had a cold for a while but lost all taste and smell so pokey sticks up nose it is.

Just now, Bender said:

Don't think so, been for test though, awaiting results, have had a cold for a while but lost all taste and smell so pokey sticks up nose it is.

Hmm tricky one, if you could have it and have mild symptoms only (or none) it would be good to know because it’s obviously not gonna getchya, on the other hand you don’t want it do you! Fingers crossed.

13 hours ago, geofferz said:

I'm in Miami and meeting a mate tomorrow. I was gonna hire a bike for the journey but he text me20210115_170447.jpg.f452588734996142ac6e79d975d94cb6.jpgScreenshot_20210115-170523_Maps.jpg.6b589e44100d021a4a26df7a22f54372.jpg

And he's right - look at these roads! 😂 I'd rather take the bus. 

Enjoy. Last time I was in Florida in January  the beach north of Tampa was a balmy 2 C. Felt really conned!

1 hour ago, Bender said:

Loss of taste and smell is supposed to be classic symptoms but hopefully  you don't have it and worst case if you do only mildly. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Loss of taste and smell is supposed to be classic symptoms but hopefully  you don't have it and worst case if you do only mildly. 

Yup that's what made me go for test, still hoping it's just old fashioned head cold, I wouldn't want to be spreading covid though so no point in taking chances.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Stu said:

Jetsetter in a pandemic...........classic :lol: 

Enjoy :thumb: 

Gimme a break stu - I'm homeless and jobless!

And it doesn't matter where you go - everyone gets covid it seems. 

14 minutes ago, geofferz said:

Gimme a break stu - I'm homeless and jobless!

And it doesn't matter where you go - everyone gets covid it seems. 

Now he’s doing that social media influencer thing of playing down him living it up while us normies make do with getting excited it might not rain one day next week and if it’s not icey and you wear enough layers maybe an hour or two out in the bike might be possible.. oh wait it’s not we’re locked down. 
Get away with ya!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tankbag said:

Good evening, haven't been on for a while, crazy busy at work. This happened the other morning on the way in.

Makes you wonder how some people get a licence! 

• Like 1

True story:

Several hundred years ago when I was plod, I was driving a cell van (LWB Sprinter) through a one way street in Gravesend.

Bare in mind that the van was very big, white with blue lights, battenberg, a riot cage and "Police" in big letters all over it.

As I got to the top of the road, some bloke saw me, wobbled about a bit and still turned in to the road so he was nose to nose with me.

The guy was a f*cking genius.

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Mr Fro said:

True story:

Several hundred years ago when I was plod, I was driving a cell van (LWB Sprinter) through a one way street in Gravesend.

Bare in mind that the van was very big, white with blue lights, battenberg, a riot cage and "Police" in big letters all over it.

As I got to the top of the road, some bloke saw me, wobbled about a bit and still turned in to the road so he was nose to nose with me.

The guy was a f*cking genius.

Probably panicked didn't want to get pulled panicked some more and f**ked it all up :roll: 🤣

3 hours ago, Bender said:

Impressive real life use of the word twat 👍 

I was told that in any language, if you use " f**k" with gusto, everyone understands it. I saw his reverse lights as I drove off, or I'd have called it in.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bender said:

Yup that's what made me go for test, still hoping it's just old fashioned head cold, I wouldn't want to be spreading covid though so no point in taking chances.

mrs tested positive , have em regular cause of her work, she had the jab few weeks back, she's got no symptons dont feel ill at all .

i had test last week was negative . We cant go out at all for for fook sake.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Six30 said:

mrs tested positive , have em regular cause of her work, she had the jab few weeks back, she's got no symptons dont feel ill at all .

i had test last week was negative . We cant go out at all for for fook sake.

I've been bored enough from today, emptied and tidied under stairs, stripped my dead 12v drill that died, it's not dead anymore, made Chip shop curry sauce which when you can't smell or taste is a bit of a gamble 😁 

Re arranged other crap, discovered 2 repair panels for an old car project have gone a bit Rusty, cleaned and oiled them, tmrw Is looking real boring.