Forum software

Stu

Just now, XTreme said:

You did an SMTP send from the Admin?

OMG Know he didn't did he that sounds really serious...  Is this going to result in al our mail box's being Spammed by Stu?
Is he going to create a self inflicted DoS or going back further a BoA?

Really never thought a Forum Admin/ Owner was going to achieve most flounces and a forum Crash does this take the TOTY award yet :D :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, onesea said:

OMG Know he didn't did he that sounds really serious...  Is this going to result in al our mail box's being Spammed by Stu?
Is he going to create a self inflicted DoS or going back further a BoA?

Really never thought a Forum Admin/ Owner was going to achieve most flounces and a forum Crash does this take the TOTY award yet :D :D

He's in the running.......but so are a lot of others! 

9 minutes ago, Stu said:

If it helps I have had at least 20 emails asking for their account to be deleted :lol: 

Name and Shame? :lol:

"New Update Flouncers"  (Although i'm sure it was because they didn't remember registering, but eh.)

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

Yeah something like that 

I am sure you will loose some members who will struggle with all this new stuff, some initially then some who don't adjust there viewing habits.  As well as some non active member.

So your Flounce count is putting @Six30 to shame :D :D :D

Next you will be doing a runner with the forum donations and keeping the TOTY as lifetime achievement award...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, onesea said:

I am sure you will loose some members who will struggle with all this new stuff, some initially then some who don't adjust there viewing habits.  As well as some non active member.

So your Flounce count is putting @Six30 to shame :D :D :D

Next you will be doing a runner with the forum donations and keeping the TOTY as lifetime achievement award...

Its not enough to leave the country on so feel free to donate more :-D 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Stu said:

Its not enough to leave the country on so feel free to donate more :-D 

@Six30 and or @XTreme would then of course start fighting to become MOTY by trying to set up rival forums.  OF course no one would join as one would stink of have book shelves and stink of Mahogany and the server would be in @rennie wardrobe so the data would scrambled.   The other would appeal too train spotters and never allow comments about rain, it would also be set up Manyana after the siester....

I was trying to edit to ad this then it said I coud not guess it was cause you commented @Stu...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, onesea said:

@Six30 and or @XTreme would then of course start fighting to become MOTY by trying to set up rival forums.  OF course no one would join as one would stink of have book shelves and stink of Mahogany and the server would be in @rennie wardrobe so the data would scrambled.   The other would appeal too train spotters and never allow comments about rain, it would also be set up Manyana after the siester....

I was trying to edit to ad this then it said I coud not guess it was cause you commented @Stu...

Time limit on edits 

I may look at changing that ;-) 

Hi gang, I need some help to get as much enjoyment and engagement in the site. I don’t find the new software intuitive. 
if I press the three bars on top of each other, followed by active topics to the active topics sub menu and then press unread content I get what I want. All the threads I have not read. 
problem is I have to do that each time I want to go back to the list of unread topics. Is there a way of having this as one button?

@James in Brum

You can create an custom stream and include all unread posts, you then just hit one button and it lists them all, I'm phone only the desktop layout is very different.

Menu, active topics, my activity streams, custom streams.

You can call it what you like, on the mobile page it's then second button top left looks like newspaper icon 

1 hour ago, James in Brum said:

Hi gang, I need some help to get as much enjoyment and engagement in the site. I don’t find the new software intuitive. 
if I press the three bars on top of each other, followed by active topics to the active topics sub menu and then press unread content I get what I want. All the threads I have not read. 
problem is I have to do that each time I want to go back to the list of unread topics. Is there a way of having this as one button?

I can do that once then I press back on my browser after reading each thread which takes me back to unread topics and it refreshes it too 

Also try scrolling to the bottom and clicking on theme and change your theme and tell me what you think to the other one just bear in mind you lose the navigation bar at the bottom 

I do like that if I have a topic open in my browser, as soon as someone replies a little pop up shows saying '#name# (Usually Stu) has made a reply' or somesuch.
Neat. But I am on PC, not mobile, no idea if it is different on mobile.

@Stu, @XTreme , is the mobile app called Invision Community or is that for something else?

Edited by peatear

1 minute ago, peatear said:

@Stu, @XTreme , is the mobile app called Invision Community or is that for something else?

Thats essentially the same app but it is not available for the forum yet! 

I need to get some sort of imagery sorted for it! 

• Like 1