Forum software

Stu

33 minutes ago, Stu said:

Odd! maybe you need to clear your cache and cooking from the browser as if it was software based everyone would have the issue

As for the quotes they are because they are imported from the old software I will have a look to see if they can be fixed but its a long shot! all new quotes will look like above 

Thanks. I understand about the quotes bit now. That makes sense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Fro said:

The problem I'm finding with that is it takes you to the latest post in the thread rather than where you left off as in the previous version.

It should be acting the same 

I have just checked you settings and you have this

When opening content...................Take me to comments I haven't read

So it should be taking you to where you left off 

What are you actually clicking? as different links take you to different places you need to click on the actual thread and not the last post info 

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Mobile. It's not going to the first unread, just sometimes it goes to a random page, or when I click go vat to the previous page it goes right back to the beginning.

I think I may have figured this out! 

When going forward or back a page hit the "PREV" or "NEXT" arrowed red but to go to start of the thread hit the 2 arrows right at the end which are arrowed black 

I suspect you may have been hitting the outer arrows 

Screenshot_20201120_202508_com.android.chrome.jpg

8 minutes ago, geofferz said:

Don't know if already posted but can 'unread' just display unread threads once as opposed to all of the posts in said thread? 

I will have a look but you can change these yourself save it as a stream then set it as default 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, geofferz said:

Don't know if already posted but can 'unread' just display unread threads once as opposed to all of the posts in said thread? 

Yes - just use the first of the filters and set it to "content items only". You  can then save the changes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, geofferz said:

Nice one boys

2 hours ago, learningtofly said:

Yes - just use the first of the filters and set it to "content items only". You  can then save the changes

Just be warned! at some point I am going to be messing about with all these "Streams" to make them work "better" so it may mess about with your settings! 

Currently in mobile view the unread button at the bottom is not "unread" and I think to simplify it for newbies I think it should do what the name says and show unread posts! 

I will then be putting other streams within the menu so its only one extra click 

But you will still have the option to make a default stream which will override the unread button on the top and bottom bar 

• Like 1

I’ve effectively been taking a break for the last few days because the interface is doing my head in. I though I had it right but now when I get the ‘unread recent posts’ up having created my own screen it shows all the posts for all of the threads that have not been read by me in order they are posted (a list of posts in chronological order regardless of which thread they are on).

what I really want is a button and then all the threads that have posts on I have not read. Those have one link per thread, I follow that link and it takes me to the first in read post. 

I’m only dipping in an out because it’s getting on my nerves, not read a post for a few days now. Not a flounce and I think you did the right thing in updating the software to make it future proof but for me it’s rather gotten in the way of using the forum.

I only access on a phone these days. May try on a computer. When we getting the app?

1 minute ago, James in Brum said:

I’ve effectively been taking a break for the last few days because the interface is doing my head in. I though I had it right but now when I get the ‘unread recent posts’ up having created my own screen it shows all the posts for all of the threads that have not been read by me in order they are posted (a list of posts in chronological order regardless of which thread they are on).

what I really want is a button and then all the threads that have posts on I have not read. Those have one link per thread, I follow that link and it takes me to the first in read post. 

I’m only dipping in an out because it’s getting on my nerves, not read a post for a few days now. Not a flounce and I think you did the right thing in updating the software to make it future proof but for me it’s rather gotten in the way of using the forum.

I only access on a phone these days. May try on a computer. When we getting the app?

The problems you are having are all down to settings and thats all 

@learningtofly hit the nail on the head above with changing the settings to content items only and saving it 

When I get chance I will be looking at all the settings and it will all change then I will do a guide on how to make it personal to you 

The more you shy away the longer it will take to get used to it 

I also recommend hitting the condensed button too to keep it all neat 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Six30 said:

active topics old forum , just used to show the topic, then you could go into topic  this one shows every individual post from topic.... why is this ?

Scroll up and read what @learningtofly wrote several hours ago :thumb:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Stu said:

Press the menu button ( three lines) in the top right click on active topics then click on unread content 

This will essentially show you unread posts which is basically any new posts 

I am looking in to ways to make this easier but its going to take time 

Thanks...it says past hour but would that be wrong and it's all unread posts since my last visit?

5 minutes ago, Blackholesun said:

Thanks...it says past hour but would that be wrong and it's all unread posts since my last visit?

What are you actually pressing? as there is noting for the past hour its either 365 days or 7 days :? 

6 minutes ago, Stu said:

What are you actually pressing? as there is noting for the past hour its either 365 days or 7 days :? 

it said past hour about 20 mins ago on mine , now it says 7 days 

Edited by Six30

1 minute ago, WD-40 said:

@Stu your head must be done in from all these questions:classic_biggrin:

Its not the questions that bother me :lol: 

Its trying to figure it out to get the answers for the questions and researching everything for the code changes to get it all looking the way it is now! 

I will get there with it :thumb:

• Like 2

I must be doing something wrong.

I click on “Home”, this shows all the topics and threads. Any that have new content have “new” against them. I go to these and read the new content.

Even on the old forum never bothered customising how the threads were shown.👍

• Like 1

Not sure if it has been mentioned again or anything looked at...
 Locations under name as before? Or at least on the hover over-popup

Is that going to be possible?
I'm weird, I like to know that sort of thing. :lol:

Halloween Look GIF

• Like 1