Forum software

Stu

11 minutes ago, peatear said:

I do like that if I have a topic open in my browser, as soon as someone replies a little pop up shows saying '#name# (Usually Stu) has made a reply' or somesuch.
Neat. But I am on PC, not mobile, no idea if it is different on mobile.

@Stu, @XTreme , is the mobile app called Invision Community or is that for something else?

It's called Communities by Invision......that's the app you'll need on the mobile but this specific forum app isn't ready yet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stu said:

I can do that once then I press back on my browser after reading each thread which takes me back to unread topics and it refreshes it too 

Also try scrolling to the bottom and clicking on theme and change your theme and tell me what you think to the other one just bear in mind you lose the navigation bar at the bottom 

I don't know how I set it up - more luck than judgement, but I think I have my stream set to show 'unread posts' and the time set 'since last visit'.

I then either press the back button, or the newspaper page icon thingy next to the house/home symbol on the top bar. It also refreshes each time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stu said:

Thats essentially the same app but it is not available for the forum yet! 

I need to get some sort of imagery sorted for it! 

May I respectfully suggest you don't approach @dynax if you are looking for imagery for the app.

Just a thought !

Cheers

Ian

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, peatear said:

I haven't seen them, could you post them all here @dynax?
:lol:

It's not normal shit (French Maids, Naughty Nurses etc) by any means.......it's weird fetish deviances as I recall.

There was words or letters he used to describe them that I ended up having to Google to find out what they were.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

It's not normal shit (French Maids, Naughty Nurses etc) by any means.......it's weird fetish deviances as I recall.

There was words or letters he used to describe them that I ended up having to Google to find out what they were.

Nursing meant folk think I need to hear every nurse joke they know, most of them are dire but someone sent me this one 😆

Just by way of feedback...

I'm finding that the navigation buttons are a bit random. Sometimes I click to go back a page and it jumps to page 1, or some other random page. 

Similar thing is that some threads open at a random page on occasions.

And when there's a post with lists of quotes it doesn't identify who posted the comments which can be a bit confusing. Or is that just me?

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

I could suggest something to google if you want :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Just by way of feedback...

I'm finding that the navigation buttons are a bit random. Sometimes I click to go back a page and it jumps to page 1, or some other random page. 

Similar thing is that some threads open at a random page on occasions.

And when there's a post with lists of quotes it doesn't identify who posted the comments which can be a bit confusing. Or is that just me?

Are you using mobile or pc? 

When you say list of quotes are you talking about more that one quote in a post? 

When you open a page it may well be going to the first unread post of that thread rather than to the last page you can change this in your settings 

17 minutes ago, Stu said:

Are you using mobile or pc? 

When you say list of quotes are you talking about more that one quote in a post? 

When you open a page it may well be going to the first unread post of that thread rather than to the last page you can change this in your settings 

Mobile. It's not going to the first unread, just sometimes it goes to a random page, or when I click go vat to the previous page it goes right back to the beginning.

The quotes thing is when posts refer to a chain of quotes it just has "Quote" without saying who posted it.

4 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Mobile. It's not going to the first unread, just sometimes it goes to a random page, or when I click go vat to the previous page it goes right back to the beginning.

The quotes thing is when posts refer to a chain of quotes it just has "Quote" without saying who posted it.

Odd! maybe you need to clear your cache and cooking from the browser as if it was software based everyone would have the issue

As for the quotes they are because they are imported from the old software I will have a look to see if they can be fixed but its a long shot! all new quotes will look like above 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Blackholesun said:

Mobile....

Press the menu button ( three lines) in the top right click on active topics then click on unread content 

This will essentially show you unread posts which is basically any new posts 

I am looking in to ways to make this easier but its going to take time 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stu said:

Press the menu button ( three lines) in the top right click on active topics then click on unread content 

I don't know if it's the way I have set up my 'Stream', but I've suddenly noticed an 'Unread' button at the bottom of the page?

Works too!

Screenshot_20201120-191828_Samsung Internet.jpg

7 minutes ago, Stu said:

The problem I'm finding with that is it takes you to the latest post in the thread rather than where you left off as in the previous version.

Just now, Shepherd said:

I don't know if it's the way I have set up my 'Stream', but I've suddenly noticed an 'Unread' button at the bottom of the page?

Works too!

Just make sure that works as it should as its linked to the one at the top and was not doing as it should 

1 minute ago, Shepherd said:

Works too!

Scrap that - it just means I'm reading an unread post.

I think.