Can't get on with it .

fastbob

Well it's been a while now and I'm sorry to say that I just can't get on with this new operating system . The most frustrating thing is that if I view something in unread it then vanishes from the list and I don't know where it is anymore . 

I just click on “HOME” this lists all the topics and highlight where any new posts are. Then go to those topics and view.

• Like 1

If you click themotorbikeforum logo at the top of the page, it takes you to the main page. Now click the button that's on the left of the "start new topic" button. The button you're clicking on is called "fluid". It gives all the threads on a long list, you just tick the box on the right for whatever forums you want on the list.

10 hours ago, fastbob said:

Well it's been a while now and I'm sorry to say that I just can't get on with this new operating system . The most frustrating thing is that if I view something in unread it then vanishes from the list and I don't know where it is anymore . 

I have this issue on my phone, I occasionally pop in when at work.  It then treats it as "a visit" and I don't see any previous unread posts until I play with my stream to make it unread posts of all time..

I used to brows by "my posts" and "unread posts", now that is more difficult.

29 minutes ago, onesea said:

I have this issue on my phone, I occasionally pop in when at work.  It then treats it as "a visit" and I don't see any previous unread posts until I play with my stream to make it unread posts of all time..

All I use is mobile, your own posts are only 3 clicks away, top right your profile, click on your own little avatar, click on the little post it note icon under your pic, granted it's not very big but once you've done it that's it, takes seconds.

No idea why new posts don't show up when you hit the new posts stream button? 

14 minutes ago, Bender said:

All I use is mobile, your own posts are only 3 clicks away, top right your profile, click on your own little avatar, click on the little post it note icon under your pic, granted it's not very big but once you've done it that's it, takes seconds.

No idea why new posts don't show up when you hit the new posts stream button? 

That helps but I would never find that in a hurry!

As for new posts, during the day I never know how long I am going to be online, frequently I don't read 1/2 of what I would like to when I go back I struggle to find.

1 hour ago, onesea said:

It's one extra click! 

I have created streams that mimic all this 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, James in Brum said:

I think it is about navigating to posts if you navigate away and want to navigate back. They are then not on the most recent/unread list whereas they used to remain but not in bold. 

On the old software it showed unread when you wanted it to but if you read a post then click unread again it will disappear off that list. 

on the old software if you pressed the back button it would still be there as the list never auto refreshed but this software auto refreshes the list. If you have read it then it shouldn't be in that list when you view it again. I can test all these out as I have other forums I use with that software 

Active topics shows topics that have had activity in the last 7 days whether you have read them or not which is the same as the other software too