Hot beverages

S-Westerly

I had fantastic, maybe best espresso in my life in Cuba, near Havana , one village, with very old coffee tradition as it had plantation and Coffee factory if u can call it that name.

As well Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, fantastic coffee , espresso, cafesito as they will say.

Beside Italy of course, 

currently I have these teas:

Green

Jasmine

Oolong

stonebreaker

mint

chamomile

Carqueja flower

Goji berries

But run out of berries tea from Morrisons :) 

My tea has just been delivered by Fortnums (I love the gifts I buy myself for Christmas, I always seem to know exactly what sort of thing I like😆), I’m currently sipping Smoky Earl Grey... quite frankly it’s awful AVOID!!

Better go do some work. 
After I’ve made a better cup of tea and found a biscuit.. or some cake.. and had another cup of tea and wasted more time talking about hot beverages by which time I’ll likely need some lunch and another cup of tea. 

Most interesting tea I had was in srilanka, me and Mrs were off on a hike, she took a dislike to a rocky outcrop we had to traverse a local farmer came to her aid, apparently she doesn't trust me..

As locals do we than had a guide we couldn't shake, he was great at removing leaches and avoiding huge wasps so came in useful.

We got invited back to his where tea ceremony began, it had that many twigs and things in it I thought it may have been part of a voodoo ritual.

I drank it out of politeness, seeing as they were all living in a one room mud house it would have been rude not to

No doubt after we left they were probably in stitches.

18 minutes ago, geofferz said:

@Stu can you start a tea thread please? And a hot chocolate one? 

Coffee like tea and hot chocolate thread can be interpreted as break time thread and it's name doesn't really matter ;) and can be used as chitchat thread where I can just indulge in my silliness :P 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marino said:

I had fantastic, maybe best espresso in my life in Cuba, near Havana , one village, with very old coffee tradition as it had plantation and Coffee factory if u can call it that name.

As well Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, fantastic coffee , espresso, cafesito as they will say.

Beside Italy of course, 

Venezuela used to be pretty good before it became post-apocalypse waste land.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Oh then I bought a hot chocolate maker which I will in no way ever concede Im addicted to EVER. 

I bought my wife one for our last anniversary. Have yet to try it.

The best hot chocolate I've had was done by a friend years ago.

Got to the trouble to slow cooking pure cocoa powder in milk. for around 5min then let it cooldown a bit to settle and have it.

Then to go with it we had walnut cake :classic_love: 

Not sure what was best the drink or her kisses ;) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, husoi said:

Nesquik

nesquick.jpg

You might enjoy this then. It makes the best hot chocolate (assuming you are using good quality cocoa) but my son uses it for those muscle protein milkshakes every day. Unlike a lot of things that spin and froth it’s basin goes in the dishwasher and the different settings n blades actually do what they say they will. 
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B082LK3R8L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by Slowlycatchymonkey
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B082LK3R8L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just now, Marino said:

Yes it was, I forgot, been there 25 years ago last time

In the late 90's I was there every couple of weeks. It was pretty good especially  Puerto la Cruz. I was last there in 2018 just before it went into sanctions and it was dire.