Plans for 2021?

Stu

I am slowly becoming obsessed with building a bmw k100 or k75 cafe racer, its just a matter of talking my missus into giving up the dining room or conservatory for 2021😁

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, paulc said:

I am slowly becoming obsessed with building a bmw k100 or k75 cafe racer, its just a matter of talking my missus into giving up the dining room or conservatory for 2021😁

that will probably be a job on it's own :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, paulc said:

Good luck with that then. May as well buy a lotto ticket as you've probably got a better chance of winning it than getting a wife allow a bike into her house.:classic_unsure:

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, paulc said:

If it gives you hope, my dad rebuilt a range rover gear box and engine in our kitchen one year 😁 

• Like 2

Well, I have a deposit down on the new Triumph Trident. So hopefully that still all goes ahead and I can just get out on it and enjoy it. Finally getting my motorbiking life underway.

As for things in general, I think it will be the 2nd half of this year be things start getting back to what life used to be like.

9 minutes ago, mthinesy said:

Well, I have a deposit down on the new Triumph Trident. So hopefully that still all goes ahead and I can just get out on it and enjoy it. Finally getting my motorbiking life underway.

As for things in general, I think it will be the 2nd half of this year be things start getting back to what life used to be like.

It all depends how quickly our infamously sclerotic bureaucracy manages to roll out the vaccine programme.  Right now I'd predict normality in about 2121 all going well.

• Like 1

Well that is the big question. I think we can get back to the pubs and things like that with the restrictions in place, but yea 2022 before we can maybe bin the masks for the most things.

Edited by mthinesy
spelling

• 3 weeks later...

My plans are to practice on my little 125cc until the test centres re-open

do my theory

do a DAS course and .........

ride out on my "other bike" a Kawasaki Vulcan S...

maybe a couple of weekends away in the Lake District and then try and meet up with a like-minded people in the Manchester area.

just have fun i guess :-)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, matts said:

My plans are to practice on my little 125cc until the test centres re-open

do my theory

do a DAS course and .........

ride out on my "other bike" a Kawasaki Vulcan S...

maybe a couple of weekends away in the Lake District and then try and meet up with a like-minded people in the Manchester area.

just have fun i guess :-)

That’s a good plan. Would make 2021 a great year for you. Do you have cones or the like to practice your mod 1 manoeuvres? It’s worth the bother 👍

17 minutes ago, matts said:

I’m definitely practicing my slow speed stuff, though I’m yet to buy any cones.

I certainly hope to be ready for the test!!!

Shame you're far, we could practice together :) 

worth contacting traffic management companies for cheaper old cones they don't use anymore.

If you do your best puppy eyes maybe they will give them for free 😃

20 minutes ago, matts said:

LOL 

i'm too old for puppy dog eyes :-) 

Rubbish, you can't ever be too old to do it.

Besides, you can make puppy eyes and be a dirty old man 😁😁

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, husoi said:

Shame you're far, we could practice together :) 

worth contacting traffic management companies for cheaper old cones they don't use anymore.

If you do your best puppy eyes maybe they will give them for free 😃

What's all this talk of cones, you all have far too much money, old plastic bottle with couple of stones in the bottom does just fine.

1 hour ago, matts said:

I’m definitely practicing my slow speed stuff, though I’m yet to buy any cones.

I certainly hope to be ready for the test!!!

When I learned I thought about cones did not bother found an empty carpark and used the markings as imaginary cones.  
I did the same for U turns, if I recall they are slightly closer than you get in your test.  

As for plans for 2021 thats a challenge:

• Sort child access out (that has not changed for over a decade),
  • Keep both bikes on the road simultaneously for more of the year,
  • Sailing More off,
  • Biking destinations - Not the NC 500 that's going to be busy. So maybe - Lincolnshire? The NW, SW Wales, Anywhere on the East Coast.
  • Like 2