Plans for 2021?

Stu

So now 2021 is here has anyone go any plans for 2021? 

Obviously corona permitting! 

Me I plan to take a range of bikes for test rides in the hope to find the one! 

Then sell the FJR and buy another bike for myself :lol: 

We are also hoping to get away at some point either here or in Europe 

I am just hoping corona doesn't put a stop to it! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

So now 2021 is here has anyone go any plans for 2021? 

Obviously corona permitting! 

Me I plan to take a range of bikes for test rides in the hope to find the one! 

Then sell the FJR and buy another bike for myself :lol: 

We are also hoping to get away at some point either here or in Europe 

I am just hoping corona doesn't put a stop to it! 

i think it could be a while before we do anything 

basically same here, i fancy another bike , keep the Suzuki though, not sure what to get though , hypermotard hmm possible.

'i want to get a few trips in , fancy going  back to the peak district or Wales, also fancy a trip abroad, Luxembourg , Germany .... not booking nothing yet though

• Like 1

Guest Richzx6r

I plan on finding decent employment then seeing about changing the ninja for something abit more comfortable so I too am looking at doing a fair few test rides to decide what will work for me

Having had several holiday cancellations and getting one cancelled whilst on it I don't think we will be booking anything imminently 

We have one trip to Greece which was booked pre covid, but who knows if that will come off.

• Like 1

Got Canada rebooked for May but I think we all know how that will go!! :classic_blink:

I think I need to focus on getting my (our! just in case she reads this :hitfan:) house the way we want as well. Have done quite a lot in the 5 years we've had it but at the same time I think "We've had it 5 years, why haven't I put flooring in the loft yet?" or something similar :lol:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Six30 said:

basically same here, i fancy another bike , keep the Suzuki though, not sure what to get though , hypermotard hmm possible.

'i want to get a few trips in , fancy going  back to the peak district or Wales, also fancy a trip abroad, Luxembourg , Germany .... not booking nothing yet though

Not one with fairing and panniers? 

Having visited all of those locations you can't go wrong! its just the UK weather that spoils it sometimes!  

Similar to yourself,  test rode a selection of bikes a while ago, wanting to change.  Hoping,  to re-ignite our cancelled trip to Switzerland later in the year,  have to see how things pan out.  I’d just be happy with a week touring Ireland or Scotland at the moment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

Got Canada rebooked for May but I think we all know how that will go!! :classic_blink:

I think I need to focus on getting my (our! just in case she reads this :hitfan:) house the way we want as well. Have done quite a lot in the 5 years we've had it but at the same time I think "We've had it 5 years, why haven't I put flooring in the loft yet?" or something similar :lol:

I am in the same position with the house! been here 3 years and it should have been finished by now! illness and rona put a stop to it this time last year so I am just starting to get it all sorted again 

• Like 1

Hopefully buying a house. I want to feel like I have a handle on being lead homeopathist, I was new in Feb and then this virus hit (not sure if you heard about it) that hit us in the nhs a bit hard and has definite affected my taking charge of the other homeopathists. 
I want to grow more food for us at the allotment and focus a bit more on it. With luck I will start a masters. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rennie said:

Want to ride the VFR much more than the cruiser

Would like to get away a few times in the campervan

Would love to have a rally! :cheers:

we will have to see how we go later on in the year 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Stu said:

Not one with fairing and panniers? 

Having visited all of those locations you can't go wrong! its just the UK weather that spoils it sometimes!  

fook off with your pannier talk...

yeh been to em all before .... mostly Wales is where weather spoils it 

• Haha 1

Hopes for biking: Having moved nearly 300 miles in 2019, with minimal chance to explore, we’ll be having days out riding out from home around Dumfries, Scottish Borders, Yorkshire, Durham etc. If travel abroad possible then we fancy a trip back to Switzerland, otherwise we’ll be couch surfing at one of the kids’ houses in Glasgow, and possibly some friend’s place in Perth, as a base to ride around Scotland. 

Away from biking, we’ll continue renovating the house, and do more fell walking. 

• Like 3

Just now, Six30 said:

mostly Wales is where weather spoils it 

Out of all the times I have been to Wales it's being spoilt once by the rain :shock: 

So invite me and I will bring the sun :lol: 

• Like 1

Just now, Stu said:

Out of all the times I have been to Wales it's being spoilt once by the rain :shock: 

So invite me and I will bring the sun :lol: 

must admit last time we went to wales we had a good  4 days of weather...

• Like 1

I’m organising our normal week away for after the August Bank holiday, by which time, all being well, things will have settled down to a new ‘normal’. It will be interesting to see the reality of Brexit on going to Europe. I should have my new passport by then. Obviously if everything goes pear shaped and the gang need to bale out. Then I will likely just go on my own again or with any brave soul prepared to take a chance. So, either a week in the German Eifel. Or, longer on a ‘make it up as I go along’ type of holiday. Like 2020 turned out to be.

what can you do aside from remaining optimistic... things can only get better once the vaccine rollout goes up a few notches. They are saying we should see a turn around by Easter. Which is 13 weeks away. So far as holidays abroad go, that should be the first proper test.

1 hour ago, Steve_M said:

Hopes for biking: Having moved nearly 300 miles in 2019, with minimal chance to explore, we’ll be having days out riding out from home around Dumfries, Scottish Borders, Yorkshire, Durham etc. If travel abroad possible then we fancy a trip back to Switzerland, otherwise we’ll be couch surfing at one of the kids’ houses in Glasgow, and possibly some friend’s place in Perth, as a base to ride around Scotland. 

Away from biking, we’ll continue renovating the house, and do more fell walking. 

Gimme a shout if your south of the border. I often make Berwick/Jedburgh, if your heading Durham way I can ply you with coffee 👍 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve_M said:

Same as @Bendersays, if you’re around Durham or as far up as Jedburgh/Kelso I’d link up and have a ride out!

• Like 1

This years plans aside from buy a house and restart my independent life are to play rugby again after a 2 year break following a tib/fib fracture, do the nc500 on the bike plus see other parts of the country, ideally get down to Cornwall and Devon as I’ve never been that way. 
some trips in the defender with the dogs to various places would also be nice. 
but mainly focus on getting back on the property market then just enjoy myself now I have the 2 toys I’ve been after for a while 

We've booked a couple of camp sites towards the summer. The same ones we had to cancel in 2020. Other than that we're not making any plans other than very short term.

Due to work my diary usually runs 18 months in advance so 2020 has been very strange. My diary became wall to wall cancellations and postponements.

The only planning on my desk are a multitude of weddings, most of whom are on their 4th or 5th date already. Even then I can only give them provisional information. Some of them have been treated really badly by venues. We've not asked for a penny, bearing the losses ourselves. Which may mean I'm out of a job before too long as the numbers look pretty challenging. 

9 hours ago, Bender said:

Gimme a shout if your south of the border. I often make Berwick/Jedburgh, if your heading Durham way I can ply you with coffee 👍 

7 hours ago, Keeper96 said:

Same as @Bendersays, if you’re around Durham or as far up as Jedburgh/Kelso I’d link up and have a ride out!

Thank you chaps. We’re just a little East of Carlisle, about 50 miles from Newcastle. I’d be happy to meet up for a cuppa and/or a ride at some point. 

• Like 1