MCE Insurance

tempmoto8

Hi Everyone! I'm looking for a motorbike insurance (Third Party, Fire & Theft) and the only one with a resonable price is MCE.

I was wondering if anyone can give me some feedback, pros and cons about it... Their price is much lower than the others so it makes me thinking whether their policies don't cover everything or there is something hidden.

Thanks in advance!

When I returned to biking after many years away from it they were the most reasonable insurance I could get but I never made a claim. I believe if you do have to make a claim they are not very good. As always its a case of pays your money,  takes your chance.

I always use moneysupermarket and compare the market websites.

Then I chose the ones it will suit me and go to their websites to make sure I can get the best deal

After this I will contact my current insurer to know what their best value is.

I also explore (with no success) the multi bike insurance as an option.

This year was the very first time I managed to renew the insurance with Grove & Dean because they lowered their price :thumb: 

I have used MCE before and while it was cheap the excess was sky high! 

I will never use them again! I had massive issues with them when trying to change a bike and wanting to charge me the earth it turned out the people who was dealing with it all was trying to create a new policy with zero no claims I ended up cancelling and they refused to pay me my refund back for 3 months 

I had to get the ombudsman involve to get my money 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stu said:

I have used MCE before and while it was cheap the excess was sky high! 

I will never use them again! I had massive issues with them when trying to change a bike and wanting to charge me the earth it turned out the people who was dealing with it all was trying to create a new policy with zero no claims I ended up cancelling and they refused to pay me my refund back for 3 months 

I had to get the ombudsman involve to get my money 

you wont be using them again in the future 🙄

I've used MCE just once, when I couldn't get anything for less than twice the amount. Never had to make a claim, so can't comment of that part of it. Crazy high excess (£900 iirc) and charges for just about everything including informing them you're about to sneeze. I'd use them again, but not if anyone else came close in price.

• Like 1

I've just renewed my bike with MCE. 

The fully comp price was less than half that of any other provider. 

The excess is sky high. £1k on a £2.5k bike but I'll cover that excess through a 3rd party.

The actual policy is terrible too. The level of cover is really low. For life altering injury you get a couple of grand, that's it. 

I took the policy as the next one up from that was £600 more but even fully comp, it's useless if I even needed to claim. Plus as mentioned by others, service isn't entirely supportive either. 

But nobody wants to insure in london so the competition just give high quotes to put you off. 

• Sad 1

just had my renewal for the Africa Twin Adventure Sport.

an increase from £133 to £147. with Devitt.

I have until the middle of march to sort an alternative. I dont think its unreasonable to expect a decrease.. or remaining the same.

I will be looking at the competitors later and see what extras i can get for the same kind of money.. this is just a bare bones FC renewal with no extras.

37 minutes ago, Gerontious said:

I have until the middle of march to sort an alternative. I dont think its unreasonable to expect a decrease.. or remaining the same.

I will be looking at the competitors later and see what extras i can get for the same kind of money.. this is just a bare bones FC renewal with no extras.

in all my insuring life i have never had a decrease always an increase 🙄

1 hour ago, skyrider said:

in all my insuring life i have never had a decrease always an increase 🙄

Oddly enough my brand new bike was cheaper to insure than my 18yr old BMW. I’m guessing this increase might have something to do with a huge theft risk for these bikes. Not a week goes by without some poor sod asking to “keep an eye out for this” kinds of posts. I had a look at comparison sites, proper look tonight at work and clearly Devitt no longer has the competitive edge. I think they rely a lot on inertia to get people to accept increases like this.

4 minutes ago, Gerontious said:

Oddly enough my brand new bike was cheaper to insure than my 18yr old BMW. I’m guessing this increase might have something to do with a huge theft risk for these bikes. Not a week goes by without some poor sod asking to “keep an eye out for this” kinds of posts. I had a look at comparison sites, proper look tonight at work and clearly Devitt no longer has the competitive edge. I think they rely a lot on inertia to get people to accept increases like this.

well i binned churchill a few years ago and through a comparison site saved over £300 on my van insurance. and i only got that decrease through changing company's

so, just been on confused.com and found a quote that includes roadside for £122 + a considerably lower compulsory excess (350 down from 750. so... thats now my baseline. I have until the 12th to sort it out.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gerontious said:

I’m with Devitt and they are a broker and they often give me a quote from my existing insurer along with a second option of a cheaper quote if I want to change. Changed each time the last 3 years for a cheaper offer and now I’m back with the same insurer as I was 4 years ago.

• Like 1