Delivery Service Fiasco Rant

Pie man

Back in November I ordered some engine bars from HEED, over in Poland. I have bought engine bars from them before and found no issues with the product or shipping. As soon as the parcel was collected from the shipper by UPS I was duly notified I had to pay import charges. I coughed up straight away, expecting a quick transit and delivery - oh boy what a fiasco. The next two weeks the parcel remained in a warehouse somewhere in Poland. Each time I reached out to UPS customer service (their words), they responded with, 'contact the shipper and ask them to speak to UPS Poland', I have received the same response each time I have contacted them. UPS are totally useless, why couldn't UPS contact UPS. So I contacted HEED, they did try to help and spoke to the brokerage team in Poland on my behalf, however the parcel is with UPS and HEED cannot do much more. So after several days of media spamming, I have since found out the parcel is now at the airport, and due to the large number of packages being exported they cannot give me an expected delivery date. Each email from UPS has been patronising and to make the matter worse, I want to complain, not about the delivery fiasco but the lack of customer support and this in itself is near impossible. So all those who have not had to pay import duty and had a very successful delivery I think you have been lucky, it might not always be that way. Or it could just be that UPS are shitbags 😂   

Edited by Pie man
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Pie man said:

Back in November I ordered some engine bars from HEED, over in Poland. I have bought engine bars from them before and found no issues with the product or shipping. As soon as the parcel was collected from the shipper by UPS I was duly notified I had to pay import charges. I coughed up straight away, expecting a quick transit and delivery - oh boy what a fiasco. The next two weeks the parcel remained in a warehouse somewhere in Poland. Each time I reached out to UPS customer service (their words), they responded with, 'contact the shipper and ask them to speak to UPS Poland', I have received the same response each time I have contacted them. UPS are totally useless, why couldn't UPS contact UPS. So I contacted HEED, they did try to help and spoke to the brokerage team in Poland on my behalf, however the parcel is with UPS and HEED cannot do much more. So after several days of media spamming, I have since found out the parcel is now at the airport, and due to the large number of packages being exported they cannot give me an expected delivery date. Each email from UPS has been patronising and to make the matter worse, I want to complain, not about the delivery fiasco but the lack of customer support and this in itself is near impossible. So all those who have not had to pay import duty and had a very successful delivery I think you have been lucky, it might not always be that way. Or it could just be that UPS are shitbags 😂   

It's very much luck of the draw, I had  royal fail sitting on a parcel that they misplaced for an entire year, they delivered it with a note saying sorry for delay 😂 

• Haha 1

You can add to that list RM (never on time), Hermes, DPD (UK service) and pretty much all the services that rely on lorry drivers.

There was never a better time to blame on shortage of drivers as the present...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, husoi said:

You can add to that list RM (never on time), Hermes, DPD (UK service) and pretty much all the services that rely on lorry drivers.

There was never a better time to blame on shortage of drivers as the present...

I found out my parcel is stuck at the airport - lack of pilots then 😂

It is what it is. Since I spammed the CEO I now know my parcel has been delayed at the airport, due to the large number of consignments currently being shipped. I know have an expected delivery 20th Dec, the tracking has been updated. I am still hounding customer services, just for the amusement factor as they still don't know what is going on. 😂   

Edited by Pie man

54 minutes ago, Ian Frog said:

I have a similar attitude to Herpes and will quite often tell a trader they would have had my trade but for their shipper choice.

Cheers

Ian

Hermes - I'm sure the Job/person specification has somewhere along the lines of 'the ideal candidate must be good at Knock a door run'

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Pie man said:

Hermes - I'm sure the Job/person specification has somewhere along the lines of 'the ideal candidate must be good at Knock a door run'

Think that’s delivery drivers in general, my misses keeps putting instructions on deliveries shift worker don’t knock/ ring.

Standard delivery:

• Dogs bark,
  • Front door bell rings,
  • I go down to front door find package on step delivery driver halfway down path,

I don’t mind when they wait for signature, even if they don’t need it.  at least it was not knock and run.

Although I often get strange looks in my dressing gown mid day (maybe I should get a short pink one and wear stockings 😂🤣😂🤣).

• Like 1

I left a review on Trustpilot of my antics with UPS, all of a sudden I received and email, they want me to email the tracking number and their team will get back to me. I think the customer service joker is at it again 😂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, onesea said:

Think that’s delivery drivers in general, my misses keeps putting instructions on deliveries shift worker don’t knock/ ring.

What is a delivery person supposed to do if they can't knock/ring to deliver something?  🤔

17 minutes ago, peatear said:

What is a delivery person supposed to do if they can't knock/ring to deliver something?  🤔

If it needs signing fine knock and wait. .

When delivery instructions say leave in stayed safe place don’t play knock and run….  

Says someone, who has not had more than 4 hours unbroken sleep in 3 days.  All parcels received with signatures needed, how ever woken and out of bed for all of them.

On 15/12/2021 at 21:31, S-Westerly said:

Our local Hermes is actually not bad. It's a woman in her 50s who actually makes an effort to ensure delivery.

Our Hermes guy is first class. Unfortunately, he’s in hospital with Covid at the mo’, though his replacement seems equally as professional.  He knows to leave a parcel under cover in a safe place on the rare occasions when we’re not here. 

None of our deliveries have required a signature for the last year or more due to the pandemic- the delivery driver generally puts the parcel down and takes a photo.

My biggest criticism of the drivers is their lack of ability when manoeuvring on our drive, and their inability to stay on the drive. We’ve had 14 tonne vehicles reverse up to the house* with less issue than some of the drivers in Sprinter vans who, judging by their tyre tracks, have nearly ended up in the drainage ditch. 

*Bloody impressive given that our drive is 200yds long and curves steeply  uphill at one point. 

• Haha 1