Odometer fail

rBennerZ

It depends where your Speedo’s bike is being read from. If it’s the wheel I think it’s not too hard to fix it DIY

If it’s a digital speed sensor then it’s engine out (I think)

My CBR600F had the same issue back in 2008 and was digital. 
My local Honda dealer fixed it for about £250 or somewhere around there.

Edited by fullscreenaging

ECU flash done nothing and cannot see any water damage, wires look okay🤷‍♂️ Haven’t taken the front wheel off and actually inspected the inside of the mechanism (<— don’t know what it’s called lol) as I don’t have a stand/lift and the bike is quite heavy, but if I have to I will see what I can do, I don’t get it as it was recently working then all of a sudden in high ish revs it would bounce about going from 50mph up too the 100’s gone through all the connections I can see and they seem to be fine also, does a wheel driven speedo have a sensor near the sprocket ? If so I will clean that, give me some suggestions before I have to Chuck even more money at it plz lol

1 hour ago, onesea said:

TomTom Amigo even turns red when speeding, beeps when your really speeding…

How irritating is that!! My sat nav does it too... apparently. But Ive never heard it, turned it off on day 1.

6 hours ago, Gerontious said:

How irritating is that!! My sat nav does it too... apparently. But Ive never heard it, turned it off on day 1.

You can make it start and stop on Bluetooth connect.
You can turn it on and off, set it at a % above the speed limit or a number above the speed limit…. Or just for hazards and traffic cameras.
I have found it useful more than once…

Edited by onesea

34 minutes ago, onesea said:

You can make it start and stop on Bluetooth connect.
You can turn it on and off, set it at a % above the speed limit or a number above the speed limit…. Or just for hazards and traffic cameras.
I have found it useful more than once…

I prefer to use my eyes.. old fashioned me.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Gerontious said:

I prefer to use my eyes.. old fashioned me.

Seeing a man with hairdryer at 1 mile or identifying a stationary van at 2 is not a skill I poses, I am impressed.

1 hour ago, onesea said:

Seeing a man with hairdryer at 1 mile or identifying a stationary van at 2 is not a skill I poses, I am impressed.

Your sat nav can warn you of mobile speed traps? how does that work. when the position is always changing.

As it happens I seem to be doing alright, Ive not had a letter drop through my door for 4 years and that one came from the Polizei at Aachen. fine. €30

8 minutes ago, Bender said:

The likes of waze have the ability to report a mobile unit and this is used to warn others, locations where there is a high liklihood also get flashed up. 

I know about that, but.. I prefer to use a dedicated sat nav when riding and my phone set to do not disturb or switched off. I'm not really a fan of subverting the law.  there's no fun in being warned in advance.. its far more enjoyable not being caught. But then I rarely go to the sorts of places that police tend to hide behind bushes. I'm bit fussy like that.

one reason why I generally work weekends.. the police tend to congregate behind bushes on Sundays up to no good. waving their tools about. (tools of the trade. obviously) and I think its just a tad objectionable that they might wave them in my direction. The idea!!

its a lot more civilised during the week, when I only have those inconspicuously conspicuous white vans to look out for. cant miss them really. Always parked in the oddest places.

• Like 1

On 26/03/2022 at 13:21, rBennerZ said:

ECU flash done nothing and cannot see any water damage, wires look okay🤷‍♂️ Haven’t taken the front wheel off and actually inspected the inside of the mechanism (<— don’t know what it’s called lol) as I don’t have a stand/lift and the bike is quite heavy, but if I have to I will see what I can do, I don’t get it as it was recently working then all of a sudden in high ish revs it would bounce about going from 50mph up too the 100’s gone through all the connections I can see and they seem to be fine also, does a wheel driven speedo have a sensor near the sprocket ? If so I will clean that, give me some suggestions before I have to Chuck even more money at it plz lol

Could be a loose battery connection. Worth checking the screws on the terminals are tight.