Garage demanding helmet removal

klingelton

I have always taken mine off regardless, pull up get off gloves off lid off, then again I am never in such a rush as to have the need to keep it on for the sake of a minute or two :lol:

• Like 1

I've also moved on qhwn asked to remove my helmet. Funnily enough during Covid times I was never asked to and before that the only place was a Tesco in Bristol.  My local Tesco never did. I wear a flip lid these days and do tend to lift the front. 

It's not as bad when paying for fuel, however I have had to say to a guy at the fish shop that the girl on the counter might understand what you are saying easier if you take your lid off!!

Be careful with pay at pump. New set up allows them to "ring-fence" £100 from your account before you put any fuel in, and they are not obliged to unfree the extra cash straight away. I made that mistake at a Morissons' garage a couple of months ago on the same day a DD should have been paid and it put me in the red, even though I only put £20 in

• Sad 1

On 21/04/2022 at 20:42, Ian Frog said:

I seem to remember around the same time signs that said "No Blacks or Irish".

Fortunately we live in more enlightened times !

......except for helmets.

18 hours ago, billy sugger said:

Be careful with pay at pump. New set up allows them to "ring-fence" £100 from your account before you put any fuel in, and they are not obliged to unfree the extra cash straight away. I made that mistake at a Morissons' garage a couple of months ago on the same day a DD should have been paid and it put me in the red, even though I only put £20 in

I fell for this on Wednesday. The pump at Newcastleton asks your maximum budget for fuel. I thought “sod it” and hit £80. Only when I checked my account that night did I see it ring fenced.

It can also happen when touring abroad. A guy I know ran out of available money on one card over the course of a few days as they were retaining €100 each time. It took a couple of weeks before the difference appeared in his account.

Edited by Steve_M

1 hour ago, Steve_M said:

It can also happen when touring abroad. A guy I know ran out of available money on one card over the course of a few days as they were retaining €100 each time. It took a couple of weeks before the difference appeared in his account.

Yes, 3 of us have just got back from a few days trail riding in France. We put all the bike fuel on one credit card, 9 transactions over 4 days, and each time they ringfenced 120 euros. It has all started to sort itself out now though.

• Like 1

Private property, so if that’s what they require for me to buy fuel then fine, no problem.

Although I make a point of putting it back on before going in store. It shouldn’t make any difference, and rarely does, but occasionally it pisses them off.

Was there an increase in bikers filling up with fuel and then robbing the petrol station during the pandemic? Was there ever a problem with that? I still wear a mask and will continue to do so, so they cane come out the petrol station and take payment off me there, or use their night hatch.