Petrol prices

Magpie

E10 is 1.86 at best diesel they all seem like they don't want to push the 2quid mark so they put the E10 up more. E5 is about the same as E10 at £1.86. I use the petrol prices appto find the best price 

Wor lass just p/x her Honda Hrv on a 19 plate which averaged 51 mpg on run ..33 around town

her colleague at work not ago bought a Toyota Yaris hybrid which averaged 71 mpg..64+mpg around town

And so off we went to Motorpoint last Friday evening at Derby and came back with one ( Yaris) she went to Hereford on Sunday to see a mate about 130 away,and averaged 69 mpg.one thing I asked the salesman was about was the battery’s life the reply was if you have a cell go on the blink Toyota will exchange it for new cell as it’s covered by them for 10 years.👍

A mate of mine who works for Toyota said they’ve never had a battery go on the blink.

Happy days….well she’s Happy😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Magpie said:

Wor lass just p/x her Honda Hrv on a 19 plate which averaged 51 mpg on run ..33 around town

her colleague at work not ago bought a Toyota Yaris hybrid which averaged 71 mpg..64+mpg around town

And so off we went to Motorpoint last Friday evening at Derby and came back with one ( Yaris) she went to Hereford on Sunday to see a mate about 130 away,and averaged 69 mpg.one thing I asked the salesman was about was the battery’s life the reply was if you have a cell go on the blink Toyota will exchange it for new cell as it’s covered by them for 10 years.👍

A mate of mine who works for Toyota said they’ve never had a battery go on the blink.

Happy days….well she’s Happy😁

Wife has an aygo I like Toyota well made cars her little aygo has a cam chain rather than belt which is better. Yes up to 10yr warranty with Toyota as long as you have the service with them and the prices are reasonable. I'm toying with the idea of dropping to one car rather than 2 and looking at a yaris hybrid. Try saving a few pennies. Im not able to do any overtime at the moment and for the foreseeable and in the last 10yrs I've had a 2% rise with no sign of another rise any time soon so looking to save a bit of cash

2 minutes ago, MikeHorton said:

Wife has an aygo I like Toyota well made cars her little aygo has a cam chain rather than belt which is better. Yes up to 10yr warranty with Toyota as long as you have the service with them and the prices are reasonable. I'm toying with the idea of dropping to one car rather than 2 and looking at a yaris hybrid. Try saving a few pennies. Im not able to do any overtime at the moment and for the foreseeable and in the last 10yrs I've had a 2% rise with no sign of another rise any time soon so looking to save a bit of cash

Aye,but the only drawback is……when they first came out ..Road Tax was £0.

But the Government dropped a ball ok then realised then upped it £150 so I was told.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Magpie said:

Aye,but the only drawback is……when they first came out ..Road Tax was £0.

But the Government dropped a ball ok then realised then upped it £150 so I was told.

The government will continually tinker with car tax. When enough electric drivers are on board they will tax fully electric too way of the world I'm afraid 

• Like 2

Paul who works for Toyota gets a brand spanking new one every year for £180 month.

at the end of the year all the cars the workers had get shifted off to Motorpoint at derby with only 5/6 thou on the clock 🤫

Carolla’s are made at derby

Yaris in France he said 

• Like 2

A real serious downside of the huge increase in petrol prices is on those of us who use our bike riding as a way of caring for our mental health.

When ever I feel low or the world is closing down around me I go off for a ride & it immediately lifts my mood & come back in a better frame of mind ( as commented upon by Mrs Mickly & who’s opinion is never to be doubted )

Now there is a niggling doubt in my mind as to whether we can afford this luxury which stresses me out even more as I can’t imagine a life where I can’t get a biking fix for my mood.

Even having the discussion with the Mrs about what me might have to forego in order to allow me to continue is filling me with dread.

My recent epic ( to me ) 834 mile 3 day trip was only afforded by saving for a couple of months & it looks like it’s finished off my front tyre 😢

Anyone else in the same frame of mind?

Maybe I can get fuel in prescription 🤔

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Mickly said:

A real serious downside of the huge increase in petrol prices is on those of us who use our bike riding as a way of caring for our mental health.

When ever I feel low or the world is closing down around me I go off for a ride & it immediately lifts my mood & come back in a better frame of mind ( as commented upon by Mrs Mickly & who’s opinion is never to be doubted )

Now there is a niggling doubt in my mind as to whether we can afford this luxury which stresses me out even more as I can’t imagine a life where I can’t get a biking fix for my mood.

Even having the discussion with the Mrs about what me might have to forego in order to allow me to continue is filling me with dread.

My recent epic ( to me ) 834 mile 3 day trip was only afforded by saving for a couple of months & it looks like it’s finished off my front tyre 😢

Not so much of an issue with my bikes, I get my riding fix going to work , about 250 miles a week.

However it is limiting me using the M3, at 30 mpg average I've hardly been anywhere in it in the last couple of months.

What is annoying also is paying road tax on a vehicle I'm not using.

I am seriously thinking of taking one of my bikes down to a 125cc.

It rarely leaves the A roads, 120+mpg suddenly sounds attractive.

Problem is one already does 70mpg, the other 40 ish and the one I would sell is 70mpg one...

The 40mpg one brings to much of a smile...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, onesea said:

I am seriously thinking of taking one of my bikes down to a 125cc.

It rarely leaves the A roads, 120+mpg suddenly sounds attractive.

Problem is one already does 70mpg, the other 40 ish and the one I would sell is 70mpg one...

The 40mpg one brings to much of a smile...

Makes sense keep the 40mpg one for fun trips out and a frugal 125 for the day to day stuff. I've finally got to the stage in life where I can afford nice things and health is stopping me. I'm off the the Honda dealership tomorrow to see if I can hand back my Africa twin and see what the damage is its the perfect bike for me love it. I'm also selling my 2 berth caravan hopefully the weekend. Sometimes your head has to rule your heart! 

1 hour ago, Mickly said:

I feel your pain and I'm down to working 6 hours a day at work and no unsociable hours alllowance or overtime due to occ health not letting me as I'm poorly sick! along with no pay rises for the last 10 yrs bar one 2% rise only 1% pensionable. Sometimes you have to be sensible boring I know. Same as you though biking does help with mental health no end

2 hours ago, Mickly said:

Get rid of the Caravan 😁 

I know it`s not helpful but I have just waved goodbye to my Harley Dyna superglide (1584cc) to it`s new and I hope happy owner and rather than go responsible and economic I am afraid I will be collecting a 2019 1838cc Fatboy at the weekend.

We can`t take it with us lol.

Whatever choice you make I believe you live with it and make the best of it.

Cheers 

Ian

Edited by Ian Frog
  • Like 4

I'm in the middle of rebuilding the 500. I want to return the 600 to weekend/long rides, as the 500 is  better for commuter/day to day stuff. 

With a wage coming in I can now afford to have one decent run on a weekend, a brimmed tank of E5 just cost me a bit under £38, but at least I do not have to make a choice between a ride out or eating. 

The other side to this is while I'm working on the bike I'm not thinking of my current health concerns, and to be honest I actually prefer the twin over the four cylinder, and top speed wise there is not much difference though it is way more fun on back roads. 

I'm not going to feel guilty if I suddenly decide a trip to skeggy, or even Matlock is warrented as @Ian Frog says, you can't take it with you, and health is always more important than money 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, billy sugger said:

I'm in the middle of rebuilding the 500. I want to return the 600 to weekend/long rides, as the 500 is  better for commuter/day to day stuff. 

With a wage coming in I can now afford to have one decent run on a weekend, a brimmed tank of E5 just cost me a bit under £38, but at least I do not have to make a choice between a ride out or eating. 

The other side to this is while I'm working on the bike I'm not thinking of my current health concerns, and to be honest I actually prefer the twin over the four cylinder, and top speed wise there is not much difference though it is way more fun on back roads. 

I'm not going to feel guilty if I suddenly decide a trip to skeggy, or even Matlock is warrented as @Ian Frog says, you can't take it with you, and health is always more important than money 

It's not just physical health, mental health and well being is probably more important.

I have been given a decent pay rise from next week, which will allow me to have more freedom out on the bike, it's such a boost and does really make you feel good, just knowing I have that freedom to look forward too :thumb:

• Like 3

What annoys me is that the mileage rate allowed by HMRC hasn't changed since 2011. It was 45p a mile then and it's 45p today. 

It means I make loss on all the miles I do for work as I can only claim at that rate. That's nowhere near the real cost of running a car these days.

• Like 3

Pretty much all the filling stations here in Ireland still using E5 as standard 

€2.09 ( £1.77 ) 

The Government here Reduced the tax on petrol a few weeks ago by 20c on petrol & 15c on diesel and the filling stations increased their prices by the same ammount the night before it was to come in :-(

Ripoff Ireland

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/cut-to-excise-duty-immediately-eroded-as-fuels-costs-continue-to-increase-1271818.html

This temporary tax cut ends in August i imagine the price will go back up overnight by the same 20c may put even more people off the road 

Unfortunately outside of Dublin public transport is absolutley dire so you have no choice other than to use your Car / Bike 

I still try to get out every day to blow off the cobwebs (  speaking of which I just had to get the wife to remove a huge spider from the bathroom ) eek

Edited by V650

11 hours ago, Bender said:

Get rid of the Caravan 😁 

Looks like that may well happen 😔

• Sad 1