F9's latest item re. Tesla 'autopilot'

Mississippi Bullfrog

16 hours ago, Stu said:

The question is what where the drivers actually doing? 

Because I don't know about you lot but I certainly wouldn't be asleep or not watching the road :? 

I would like to agree, however... 

Given that tech and starting to use:

1, miss trust

2, caution

3, it gets it right with no intervention all the time,

4, your concentration wanders - it acts for hazards you missed,

5, trust,

6, you feel little need to concentrate,

7, trust and confidence means any glitches in the programming....

1 hour ago, Breezin said:

If it's programmed to protect the car and driver at the expense of the rider, is that a glitch or a feature?

No, this is it mistaking 2 close bike lights as far car lights and thinking it's nowhere near the car, nothing to do with protecting the passengers over riders. 

Turning this around does it give us a reason to be speeding:

“Sorry officer the car behind wasn’t slowing for me, looked like it was a Tesla on auto pilot, they cannot see motorbikes, so I got out of its way”

18 minutes ago, onesea said:

Turning this around does it give us a reason to be speeding:

“Sorry officer the car behind wasn’t slowing for me, looked like it was a Tesla on auto pilot, they cannot see motorbikes, so I got out of its way”

Nope but you can swerve all over your lane to give it a better chance of seeing you, which works with humans 😁 

16 minutes ago, onesea said:

Dropping a gear also works, but so much better….

That is until they deliberately try to run you off the road. Happened to me on the way home from work in Narborough. Nobhead cut be up in a really dangerous way at the end of a crawler lane. I saw red, eventually got in front after the nob kept blocking me, and dropped a gear. Saw car front end dive under breaking, thought "see how you like it ass***e, then shot off on my merry way, only for nob to catch me up in outside lane and try to force me off the road onto a hard shoulder like area twice, but other vehicles were too close to me so nob could not get close enough 

Edited by billy sugger
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, billy sugger said:

That is until they deliberately try to run you off the road. Happened to me on the way home from work in Narborough. Nobhead cut be up in a really dangerous way at the end of a crawler lane. I saw red, eventually got in front after the nob kept blocking me, and dropped a gear. Saw car front end dive under breaking, thought "see how you like it ass***e, then shot off on my merry way, only for nob to catch me up in outside lane and try to force me off the road onto a hard shoulder like area twice, but other vehicles were too close to me so nob could not get close enough 

And that is why it's not worth getting involved, as hard as it may be. 

• Like 6

I honestly don’t think motorcycles will be allowed on public roads any longer as the autonomous driver vehicles take over. Possibly sooner than we all think. I’m saying 20 years max. Maybe some small scooter type vehicles might be used for around town. But that’s going to be it in my opinion. Who knows though?