How cold was it last night?

Bender

-6 Where I am currently. 

Got to drive in about an hour, and the ice on my windshield is a few mm thick. Thank god for Fords heated windshields. It spends all year disrupting your field of vision, but comes good 5-10 times a year :lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fozzie said:

-6 Where I am currently. 

Got to drive in about an hour, and the ice on my windshield is a few mm thick. Thank god for Fords heated windshields. It spends all year disrupting your field of vision, but comes good 5-10 times a year :lol:

When we changed from a Ford to a Nissan for wife's car i made a point of explaining to the wife and salesman that heated windscreen was a big deal, they both said it was not, after 5yrs of non heated screen I take great delight in pointing this out to the wife. 

Who I might add now bitterly regrets not listening to me 😁 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Fozzie said:

-6 Where I am currently. 

Is this why ford windscreens seem wierdly pixelated or something. I borrowed a fiesta last week for a weekend and it felt like the screen was smudged the entire time.

It was -12.1 here. Twas a tad chilly getting my wife's car ready for work. 

Any attempt to limit the gas bill was blown when the boiler decided to go into self preservation mode and switched itself on. 

All the controls are off but the house is like a sauna. Lovely, but expensive. 

I suppose that's what comes of sticking the boiler at the far end of the garage. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, daveinlim said:

Is this why ford windscreens seem wierdly pixelated or something. I borrowed a fiesta last week for a weekend and it felt like the screen was smudged the entire time.

Yes, newer ones are better but you soon get used to not looking at it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

It was -12.1 here. Twas a tad chilly getting my wife's car ready for work. 

Any attempt to limit the gas bill was blown when the boiler decided to go into self preservation mode and switched itself on. 

All the controls are off but the house is like a sauna. Lovely, but expensive. 

I suppose that's what comes of sticking the boiler at the far end of the garage. 

It's a crazy world where it costs more to heat your house than to buy it.

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, daveinlim said:

It's almost like a haze that you can see through easy enough, but it's always just *there*.

However yesterday when I had to get to site, I turned it on and within 2 minutes, a thick 1-2mm of ice was defrosted. That said, I do think a tactical bottle of tepid water would do the job fine. Had it for 3 years so thinking of changing in the year year. 

Always annoys me that they heat the windshield, but didn't run a trace heat line down the screen wash pipe. You defrost your windscreen, drive for a few minutes and go to wash the now salt covered screen and nothing. I'm running a really strong mix of screenwash, but it never seems to stop the nozzles icing up. 

• Like 1