Grip glue for heated grips, recommendations

Throttled

Mine has done the same for a few years now. I’ve tried all sorts with no good results. I think it’s because it’s directly onto metal and when the grip gets hot it heats the bar up and softens the glue. 
It’s harder to spin when the grip is not on. 

Renthanal is pretty good and abit like gorilla glue, but you do need to use alot.

hair spray is good as it doesn't break down the same as glues but you need to work really fast and it to be a tight fit in the first place.

only thing about the silicone sealant is it will be easy to get off the bar but youll only beable to cut it off the grip if you make a hash of it to refit it...

Fish isnt too far off wrong, sugar and salt were mainly ingredients in oldschool super glue, there was another house hold ingredient added but I can't remember just now.

Some sort of silicone glue, rather than superglue, makes sense, as silicone glue is more forgiving and less likely to get all over the place. I have gone with "K2 High Temperature Silicone 350°C Red Tube 85g", based on Amazon reviews, but it was cheaper to buy off ebay.

Gasket seal will do the trick.

Resist to high temperature and will resist water ingress.

Water is the main cause of glue failure.

Not sure how hairspray will work with water.

old school guys would use hairspray to help sliding the grips into place and when dried will glue it.

Edited by husoi

5 hours ago, RideWithStyles said:

Do you remember those old tvs that weighed a ton and needed a massive cabinet to sit them on??
it was good To stop the cracks in the units when tvs had projected tubes? 😏 

do you mean those monster silver things  ?

7 hours ago, Throttled said:

Some sort of silicone glue, rather than superglue, makes sense, as silicone glue is more forgiving and less likely to get all over the place. I have gone with "K2 High Temperature Silicone 350°C Red Tube 85g", based on Amazon reviews, but it was cheaper to buy off ebay.

Silicone by it's nature is great resistant.  I have seen an exhaust on a bike sealed on with bathroom silicone 12 months later was still good.

"Most silicones have an operating temperature from -60°C up to +230°C."

I am guessing any will do.

• Like 1