Freaking cold!!

peepae

19 minutes ago, Pie man said:

Yep, its that time of the year, I need to put the thermal liner back in the jacket and change to my winter gloves. The pesky gritters were out tonight too 

I'm using summer gloves because I hate winter gloves so sososo much but it seems I'm not gonna be able to escape it now.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Pie man said:

Yep, its that time of the year, I need to put the thermal liner back in the jacket and change to my winter gloves. The pesky gritters were out tonight too 

How do you keep the bike looking nice with all the salt?

1 hour ago, Grumpy Old Git said:

Wash it down with a hose as soon as you get in. 

Dumb question ... should you let the bike cool down first?

I've never checked how hot exhaust etc is after a few minutes, so wouldn't know if it's OK or not.

• Like 1

My walk home this morning was bracing. cold. well yes, its the end of November. This is to be expected. I wore my special hat.

And kept my hands in my pocketses. Its not so cold that I need to wear gloves.

I spent the night.. aside from gibbering. and eeking. thinking not of the cold.. but mid 30s heatwaves and how to deal with them.

I have a cunning plan, but can't put it into action until Monday. Its no good buying something on PayPal credit and then them wanting payment two days before payday. No, that won't do at all.

Someone mentioned a 20% discount at sportsbikeshop and this successfully ruined my night. I was kinda poised to buy something I don't really need and now I'm being forced to buy something I probably will. In seven months. seven short months.

Its cold out.. but it won't last. In fact, its only 27 days until the solstice and the days getting longer again.

27 days. and coincidentally. its only 200 days until I'll be off in search of mid 30s heatwaves. endless blue skies. and roads that twist hither and yon and up and down. Baking in the heat and looking at the mountains and those last dregs of snow that still remain in them sheltered spots and thinking just how wonderfully cool it must be up there.

IMG_1678.thumb.jpg.d5ed4fb539955d8f65cc4db6bcd27c2c.jpg

I might even think about this here post. and smile all whimsical-like. thinking about how cold it was back on that Saturday morning in late November.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Shepherd said:

Dumb question ... should you let the bike cool down first?

I've never checked how hot exhaust etc is after a few minutes, so wouldn't know if it's OK or not.

NP. When it rains or you go through a puddle, your exhaust gets wet.

wet GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, peepae said:

I'm using summer gloves because I hate winter gloves so sososo much but it seems I'm not gonna be able to escape it now.

I have some lovely Rukka winter/Autumn gloves for sale 😁

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/276111418689?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=D5Te8S2LQYC&sssrc=2051273&ssuid=D5Te8S2LQYC&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Also some lovely summer gloves…

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/276136267200?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=D5Te8S2LQYC&sssrc=2051273&ssuid=D5Te8S2LQYC&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, peepae said:

Sad times, I need to buy a garden sprayer because no hose attachments in my apartment building

Ive just bought a work hydroshot. £140 for the washer, brushes etc and 2 batteries. Not as much pressure as a plugged in one but you don't want that on your bike anyway. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, peepae said:

Sad times, I need to buy a garden sprayer because no hose attachments in my apartment building

They work well but buy 15ltr not 25 as 25kg is heavy to lug to you garage.

Although something like this is tempting:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BW14H8ML?tag=ceukreviews62943-21&linkCode=osi&th=1&psc=1

12 hours ago, onesea said:

2c down here at the moment, I wonder how cold it will get before I ride home at 0200 ish..

Last time I looked it was 0 with heavy frost.

At work my bike is in a garage so I can ride out leaving others scraping there cars 🥶

• Like 1

Just now, onesea said:

They work well but buy 15ltr not 25 as 25kg is heavy to lug to you garage.

Although something like this is tempting:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BW14H8ML?tag=ceukreviews62943-21&linkCode=osi&th=1&psc=1

Last time I looked it was 0 with heavy frost.

At work my bike is in a garage so I can ride out leaving others scraping there cars 🥶

My work has exactly 11 motorcycle spots inside, I always have meetings in the morning which I take from home - I never get a spot when I come in at 11 am :( 

13 hours ago, peepae said:

My work has exactly 11 motorcycle spots inside, I always have meetings in the morning which I take from home - I never get a spot when I come in at 11 am :( 

Mine has an area I can use, you could probably fit 20 bikes in. 

I think once this summer I had to share...

The first bit of snow, just an inch or so of it, and the inability of people to drive in anything other than perfect conditions is evident. 

The lanes round us are perfectly passable yet there are cars down ditches, embedded in hedges, thumped into trees. Even just abandoned on single lane roads that are flat and level thereby blocking the road for everyone else. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

The first bit of snow, just an inch or so of it, and the inability of people to drive in anything other than perfect conditions is evident. 

The lanes round us are perfectly passable yet there are cars down ditches, embedded in hedges, thumped into trees. Even just abandoned on single lane roads that are flat and level thereby blocking the road for everyone else. 

Advantages of living down south we rarely see snow.  However when we do 😫😩😨🥶😶‍🌫️😤🤬

Oh my the driving goes to…. then wait a couple of hours and they are all scared off the roads or stuck in ques somewhere and you have them to yourself.

• Like 1