Responsible dogs.

onesea

7 minutes ago, RideWithStyles said:

i find most really bigs are the most plastid (depending on breed of course) while its full on "little man syndrome" in small dogs.

Our Patterdale gave every evidence that in his mind he was a full on timber wolf and everything was prey. Got very frustrated.

• Like 1

I was attacked by a Bully XL at work. The owner was there to pull the dog off me, but the point where it sank its teeth into my arm, I knew how much stronger it was than me. I ended up with bite marks that healed and a tetanus booster at A&E. That has made me more wary of that type of dog. It also inspired me to go to the gym more often and today I bench pressed my own weight for the first time.

I have had various dogs jump on me and run at me at work and do think that if dog owners want more sympathy and understanding from the general public, they need to be better at keeping dogs under control. However, I suspect that is as likely as persuading cyclists to stop jumping red lights!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, keith1200rs said:

It's not just the "banned" dogs you need to watch out for. Good job I carry a first aid kit.

20230911_185635.jpg

20230915_091122.jpg

Was it a lovely friendly well behaved never done it before pooch.

• Like 2

We miss our rescue lurcher terribly! She's been gone well over a year. She was mad as a box of frogs but we loved her. She didn't steal food never barked or growled was so laid back with people you could do anything with her. She did kill 7 of the neighbour's cats though!🙄.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Perfect pooch then 🤭😅🤡. Here comes the cat lovers...all hissing and claws.

"I dont know Doris i havnt seen cuddles for days, must of been run over by all the boy racers....you know what their like around here.....oh yeah those bloody moles you know cant get rid of them...walks away whistling.
 Your garden must of been lumpy as hell with all the crazy lady cat bodies.🫣😈

sorry dark amusement.

Edited by RideWithStyles
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

My aunties and cousins being fully paid up members of the cat protection league would have been coming up your drive with the pitchforks and burning torches.

• Haha 2

Can't stand any dog can't see the attraction I was bitten 3 times as a school boy by the same dog  German shepherd my happiest day was when I saw it dead in the road coming home from school  have hated dogs ever since and they know it 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

41 minutes ago, rightstuff said:

Can't stand any dog can't see the attraction I was bitten 3 times as a school boy by the same dog  German shepherd my happiest day was when I saw it dead in the road coming home from school  have hated dogs ever since and they know it 

Certainly no beating about the bush there !

• Haha 1

Makes you wonder what in hells kitchen makes such dog haters suddenly appear on a thread about responsible dogs.....

Its almost like it was planned...

Oh.. Is that it.  Trolls.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Tinkicker said:

Makes you wonder what in hells kitchen makes such dog haters suddenly appear on a thread about responsible dogs.....

Its almost like it was planned...

Oh.. Is that it.  Trolls.

Although i don't hate dogs non of my input was responsible dogs or owners 😁

Dog owners appear to be like cyclists, good ones and bad ones.

End of the day a dog no matter how friendly,  is a risk and if they make you nervous because they are running free it's not really the other person walking that's to blame.

More anti dog fuel 😁

Used to rent a workshop on a little estate that had a few dogs at various places heard barking and then a scream right outside the door, opened it and a woman was being chased by 3 dogs I dragged her inside, with shovel in one hand, went back outside and suddenly the three were muling round wagging tails playing dumb.

Police came but because she wasn't physically hurt they did nothing, had I not dragged her in they would have definitely been dealing with something.

Neither of the dogs was particularly big or aggressive but pack mentality apparently descend for what ever reason, the woman was just walking past one of the units, presumably one of them went into guard dog mode and in the excitement the others joined in.

Owners were spoken to and absolutely nothing changed 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

When we were kids there was a neighbourhood dog who used to patrol the streets. The estate was all open plan, so he'd do a little anticlockwise circuit of everyone's front garden, using the postman path under the front window of each house. Except ours, which he'd avoid by going up the drive to the left, and back down the drive to the right to continue his rounds. I think he was wary of my dad, who'd shouted at him for trespassing once or twice.

Edited by Fiddlesticks
  • Like 2

The thread has dog in the title, you are gonna get dog stories.

I was bitten by my nanna's poodle when I was a kid so we got a labrador so I could get used to dogs. People in the estate I grew up on just used to put their dogs out and they roamed in packs, can't remember any maulings.

We have a lovely Jack Russel and a cat. If the dog gets a sniff of a rabbit he's gone, the cat is a too good a hunter for the wildlife in the garden. My neighbour has 2 collie type dogs who he never walks and they bark all day, he's a w**ker 1st class.

An awful lot of what goes on with dogs is down to the owners not having a clue. I'm pretty sure once upon a time you had to have a dog license. It was 7 and 6 from the post office my wife just informed me. (whatever 7 n 6 is)....

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Nick the wanderer said:

The thread has dog in the title, you are gonna get dog stories.

I was bitten by my nanna's poodle when I was a kid so we got a labrador so I could get used to dogs. People in the estate I grew up on just used to put their dogs out and they roamed in packs, can't remember any maulings.

We have a lovely Jack Russel and a cat. If the dog gets a sniff of a rabbit he's gone, the cat is a too good a hunter for the wildlife in the garden. My neighbour has 2 collie type dogs who he never walks and they bark all day, he's a w**ker 1st class.

An awful lot of what goes on with dogs is down to the owners not having a clue. I'm pretty sure once upon a time you had to have a dog license. It was 7 and 6 from the post office my wife just informed me. (whatever 7 n 6 is)....

7 and 6 is about 37.5p in this new fangled money. 

I used to shoot with our local police on a farm. One of the coppers went by the name of Dog Licence. This stemmed from an occasion when at the end of shift he found himself down at Liverpool Pier Head and a long walk ba k to the station. 

So he spotted a bloke with a dog and demanded to see his dog licence,  which the guy didn't have. So the copper nicked him and summoned a black maria to transport the detained criminal back to the cells. Hence he didn't have to walk back to the station and got to clock off on time. 

Edited by Mississippi Bullfrog
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I was running across our local park a couple of years ago, very wide open space and there were a couple of women with 3 largish dogs running off the lead. I was a fair way from them heading in a different direction and this red setter came bounding towards me, not barking or aggressive but at the last second it jumped up at me , I hadn't slowed down and it bounced off my chest and he ended up sprawled across the floor. Got a half hearted "oh, sorry " from the owner.

Another time, a dog was running free, couldn't see the owner and  it ran up to me, jumped and sort of playful nipped my hand, owner who had appeared saw what happened and said "he's only a pup" ah so that's ok then?

It's the sense of entitlement a % of dog owners have that their pets can roam freely when they are clearly not under control that annoys me.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Nick the wanderer said:

Ha haar.. now the old cynic in me does not believe a word of that story. More likely he tried it on and got laughed at.

We had the police demanding to see our dog licence as a kid, we had a st Bernard rescue dog, it jumped up at next door neighbour.

Ironically we had it, we didn't have car tax or TV licence.

• Haha 5

12 hours ago, Nick the wanderer said:

But you've never needed a licence to have kids.  And they can be a lot more dangerous....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, Nick the wanderer said:

Ha haar.. now the old cynic in me does not believe a word of that story. More likely he tried it on and got laughed at.

On the contrary - the nickname stuck because he was mean enough to drag the poor fellow (and the dog) all the way up to Copperas Hill police station.

He was on duty at the same police station when I got pulled in Chester and given a producer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Bianco2564 said:

It's the sense of entitlement a % of dog owners have that their pets can roam freely when they are clearly not under control that annoys me.

The same could be said for joggers, the amount of times:

- I routinely moved out off the way, to let them past,

- The amount of times me my dogs have been covered in crud as they jog through the puddles (now I stand in the mud/ puddles so I don't get covered),

- The amount that have jogged passed oblivious to my dog,

- Sometimes I am shouted at to move (by People with ear buds in) because I didn't hear or see them coming,

5 years we have walked in the forest, 100's of joggers have passed.  Now because of 1 incident he now needs to be on a lead. 

I don't know why my dog didn't stop, change direction. I don't think he intended to hit the guy. 

I also don't know why the guy who saw the dog didn't break his pace / change direction seeing a dog heading in his direction at a run.

However it is all the dogs fault hence my fault 

Maybe those entitled dog owners have just earned another % who will be just a little less tolerant.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, onesea said:

The same could be said for joggers, the amount of times:

- I routinely moved out off the way, to let them past,

- The amount of times me my dogs have been covered in crud as they jog through the puddles (now I stand in the mud/ puddles so I don't get covered),

- The amount that have jogged passed oblivious to my dog,

- Sometimes I am shouted at to move (by People with ear buds in) because I didn't hear or see them coming,

5 years we have walked in the forest, 100's of joggers have passed.  Now because of 1 incident he now needs to be on a lead. 

I don't know why my dog didn't stop, change direction. I don't think he intended to hit the guy. 

I also don't know why the guy who saw the dog didn't break his pace / change direction seeing a dog heading in his direction at a run.

However it is all the dogs fault hence my fault 

Maybe those entitled dog owners have just earned another % who will be just a little less tolerant.

Tbh I've never been bitten by a jogger, well not yet anyway 😂

• Haha 3

If we are going to talk about obnoxious gits imo it has to by cyclists, especially the ones who scream abuse at you if you have the temerity to step onto a zebra crossing and impede their god given right to proceed like fuckwits at all times.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

If we are going to talk about obnoxious gits imo it has to by cyclists, especially the ones who scream abuse at you if you have the temerity to step onto a zebra crossing and impede their god given right to proceed like fuckwits at all times.

I'm the opposite I stand on the crossing and scream at them, they don't like it up em.

Last time I upgraded to shouting at police too for doing nothing right next to the crossing as multiple deliveroo cyclists cut through the people on the crossing, the police even had a dog that obviously wasn't trained to bite cyclists they were all uninterested.

• Haha 4