What did you do WITH your bike today.

Trooper74

5 minutes ago, Simon Davey said:

I'm excited, and I'm not even going..... 😂

Get the TT+ package and watch everything live or highlights and tons of other stuff .. We go to practice week and spend the race week watching all the racing live … honestly boss, we’re working from home , …

Because it’s a TT the practice is just as exciting as the racing we reckon … and fewer mad drunks falling asleep in the woods at Quarterbridge … 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve been a few times. Must return one day, there’s nothing quite like it. I made a little video of our time there in 2014, the last time I went. Not sure I could manage those speeds over the mountain these days, was great fun at the time though. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Been looking for a tank bag of sorts for a while now. Wasn't convinced by the tank lock systems, especially the prices. Anyway found this on a well known selling site.  Got it for £8!  Right up my street I love a bargain. (yes I'm a tight arse) Got some quick release straps ordered so all good.

bag.jpg

Edited by Nick the wanderer
what works on windows does not always work on android
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Nick the wanderer said:

Been looking for a tank bag of sorts for a while now. Wasn't convinced by the tank lock systems, especially the prices. Anyway found this on a well known selling site.  Got it for £8!  Right up my street I love a bargain. (yes I'm a tight arse) Got some quick release straps ordered so all good.

bag.jpg

Jammy sod, that's excellent 

Posted (edited)

My bag was £1.50 from Hemswell Cliffe car boot sale … My best boots, TCX , where £12.50 from EBay and have done 6000 miles+ on my feet …. And quite a few miles on the original owners …
These new SIDI super boots are unworn, brand new … on Sportsbikeshop at £314 … Maybe I should wear them , but I prefer Race / Tour boots … these unworn SIDI Adventure 2 Boots need a new home 

£150 to you …. 

IMG_0481.thumb.jpeg.4004f4473becb42ec1ef84ab9ab02711.jpeg

Edited by Trooper74
  • Like 3

Went for a ride, got it over the required 600 miles and first service booked for next weekend. Starting to properly enjoy this XSR

• Like 6

Now my compadre and I have moved our euro trip to July, we thought we would enjoy the only warm, sunny day we’re likely to get in the UK this year.

tJZaI0D.jpeg

tKCmhrY.jpeg

KplL5es.jpeg

qVcaAY6.jpg

Worth it for the ice cream alone.

It’s raining again this morning.

• Like 8

52 minutes ago, rob m said:

Now my compadre and I have moved our euro trip to July, we thought we would enjoy the only warm, sunny day we’re likely to get in the UK this year.

tJZaI0D.jpeg

tKCmhrY.jpeg

KplL5es.jpeg

qVcaAY6.jpg

Worth it for the ice cream alone.

It’s raining again this morning.

Can't beat a trip to the seaside.

As you're Surrey based, I'm guessing that's Brighton? It looks quiet.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Simon Davey said:

Can't beat a trip to the seaside.

As you're Surrey based, I'm guessing that's Brighton? It looks quiet.

It was Worthing. We had to filter through a lot of traffic heading for Brighton so decided against going there ourselves. Great day out though, much needed.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The view from Douglas Rugby Club bar … light rain, my hauscarl is in the tent sleeping off the 0215hrs ferry … and I’m having a pint..shivering slightly as I packed no long trousers / jeans ….. Tesco or Sports Direct beckon ……..

IMG_0498.thumb.jpeg.010a43a07179bb9cefb38765fc763202.jpeg

After a night of pouring rain ….. the sun has come out …

IMG_0499.thumb.jpeg.ce48dffffba03ae8e4ac66a857f68d9a.jpeg

Edited by Trooper74
  • Like 4

Rolled out at 0500 this morning in the pouring rain and arrived in Morpeth at 1000, slightly damp. Bike was great and behaved well.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Rolled out at 0500 this morning in the pouring rain and arrived in Morpeth at 1000, slightly damp. Bike was great and behaved well.

ooh my friend runs a pub in Morpeth! (the plough) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoggs said:

ooh my friend runs a pub in Morpeth! (the plough) 

It's actually in Mitford which is a couple of miles west of Morpeth proper. Must put it on my list of places to try!

• Like 2

Rode it over the moors roads from Corbridge to  Barnard Castle.  Had a great ride apart from a grouse which embedded itself in my engine and the suicidal / homicidal wooly fuckwits that like to wander around in the middle of a road, preferably around a blind bend. In revenge I'll be eating a lot of lamb.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Did a lap of the TT circuit, cross winds on the mountain were unpleasant even at my speed never mind race speed. We did another partial lap and went to Peel … “ Peel’s lovely” people said … they were right , it’s lovely … after 15 minutes we set off and finished our second lap ……. !!
Watched practice from the Co Op at Crosby … god, the bikes are fast through Crosby….

This is the bike park at the DRC this morning… they’ve started a spillover park .. never mind the couple of hundred bikes parked next to tents in the “Paddock…..

IMG_0503.thumb.jpeg.e08d59fc5f8fc4e23ec594313620e088.jpeg

• Like 7

Just now, Bungleaio said:

Loaded it up ready to go camping at the weekend. Can't wait as I've only ridden the thing twice this year.

Have a a good time, hope the weather is kind. 

• Like 3

Up at 0500hrs … toilet, dressed .. start bike. 0535hrs.

Start at Quarter bridge … no traffic … nothing , no one all the way to Ramsey !

Police at Balacraine, Sarah’s Cottage, gave me a friendly wave on the way past.

Through Parliament Square onto the Mountain. Police at the Gooseneck holds up speed camera, waves it with a smile …. He needn’t have worried, fog and less than 20 metres visibility made sure I never got over 50mph over the Mountain road. Dropped through the speed control gate into Douglas, across the TT start finish line, back to the Rugby Club, 0623hrs.

Toast, jam, coffee.

Go to the IOM, ride the TT Course… “Change your life dude.”

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Trooper74 said:

Up at 0500hrs … toilet, dressed .. start bike. 0535hrs.

Start at Quarter bridge … no traffic … nothing , no one all the way to Ramsey !

Police at Balacraine, Sarah’s Cottage, gave me a friendly wave on the way past.

Through Parliament Square onto the Mountain. Police at the Gooseneck holds up speed camera, waves it with a smile …. He needn’t have worried, fog and less than 20 metres visibility made sure I never got over 50mph over the Mountain road. Dropped through the speed control gate into Douglas, across the TT start finish line, back to the Rugby Club, 0623hrs.

Toast, jam, coffee.

Go to the IOM, ride the TT Course… “Change your life dude.”

So you're having a good time then 😂

Sounds like a great start to the day. 

Are you going to do this every day? 

• Like 1

Ordered a new radiator for the pan.

This bitch is getting more expensive than the ex was 😤😤

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 2

12 hours ago, husoi said: