What you doing this weekend?

rennie

I am languishing with a nasty cough, sore throat and headache.  Took the car for its first service this morning and managed to get down a BK Double bacon cheesburger before coming home.

If the missus is really lucky, I may declare a state of emergency and ....(insert pathetic cough)... announce a full blown case of man flu.

• Haha 1

On 26/06/2022 at 17:50, Ian Frog said:

1640227152_HarleyFatboy1.thumb.jpg.ae0cfa128dfe9968e35499e226f1c812.jpg1613608462_HarleyFatboy2.thumb.jpg.38e7f1661b1ff72fde2e1449aad08c41.jpg723885461_HarleyFatboyfront.thumb.jpg.431b61317f62dbb2bbdb360f1f253d2f.jpgI really should stop visiting bike dealers lol.

2005 Busa definately up for sale now and talking to a gentleman I know about my Dyna Super glide as well.

Cheers

Ian

Looks my old Fatboy, stage 2’d

A5359CC5-98EF-4DDF-BFB8-D8A8140C7989.jpeg

E8F91C3D-4EB0-42D3-9C17-6F1AAD9C74F2.jpeg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Tinkicker said:

I am languishing with a nasty cough, sore throat and headache.  Took the car for its first service this morning and managed to get down a BK Double bacon cheesburger before coming home.

If the missus is really lucky, I may declare a state of emergency and ....(insert pathetic cough)... announce a full blown case of man flu.

Probably Covid.  OH had same symptoms coming back from London. Did a test and hey presto positive.  I'm negative at the moment and enjoying a bacon sandwich after a good ride out round the cotswolds. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ian Frog said:

Very similar !

Mine is stage 2as well looks like just the seat is different reall.

Cheers

Ian

Had the same registration too if you look close 😂 - still got the seat, back rest, pad, rack and fitting and more 😱

F2A94514-C40D-4865-882B-7E50D37311C3.png

102636D8-AE12-433C-935C-078DD1245758.png

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ian Frog said:

Damn I paid the dealer extra for a backrest and rack lol.

She is fun especially between about 60 and 90 though.

Cheers

Ian

I gave the dealer the extras list I had to pass on to new owner - obviously nothing in it for him! The seat is a customised Tallboy seat! Hope the dealer gave you all the bits to take it back to original - Cam Kit, exhausts, Shields, Original plate mount! Traded it for an ultra limited in Snake Venom Green!

E958702F-39F3-4C1A-B86A-718C247C76E3.jpeg

A60051AC-8204-42E1-A801-36136235128E.jpeg

5A68A018-A43E-44EA-8C8D-585AAABD3F5B.jpeg

• Like 1

Bought a new commuting lid. I now need a flip front again to show my dace to security to get in the car park at work. My old one was falling apart. Went for bright yellow so I'm more visible in Birmingham rush hour traffic. I hoped I'd not have to move back to city centre working but needs must. Went and tried before I buyed which is a must for helmets I think. Its comfy nowhere near my scorpion 1400 carbon which is my leisure/touring lid but was still comfy and a good fit 

Screenshot_20230304_201442_DuckDuckGo.jpg

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I will be delivering the model boat I built for my father-in-law.  The radio and motor were the last things to be fitted. 

Sea trials were held in our bath. 

20230304_214525.jpg

20230304_214516.jpg

Looks amazing!

• Like 1

Lazy weekend feel tired back up to full working after recuperative hours post op, still feeling drained. Gave me chance to fiddle with the settings on the Africa twin set the customizable modes up one for shitty rainy weather and one for v lively. I'm guessing I'll be using the shitty rainy setting for the next few weeks if I take the bike out. 

• Like 2

I made a presentation case for the Missus's gun.  My rifles have slips, my Sig Sauer P226 sleeps in its Sig plastic case, yet wifeys cowboy gun was roughing it in an old cardboard box.  This offended my OCD.

So procured an old empty Edwardian antique cutlery canteen from the bay of E and set about ripping out all the insides, aging the outside, making my own label and changing it into a Colt revolver presentation case.

She thought I was mad, but loves it now it is finished.

DSC_0012

DSC_0014

Edited by Tinkicker
  • Like 4

Preparing for the arrival of guests. We have friends and relatives descending on us for much of the spring and summer now. I do enjoy hosting, but it’s a bit of a strain on progressing the house renovations. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tinkicker said:

I made a presentation case for the Missus's gun.  My rifles have slips, my Sig Sauer P226 sleeps in its Sig plastic case, yet wifeys cowboy gun was roughing it in an old cardboard box.  This offended my OCD.

So procured an old empty Edwardian antique cutlery canteen from the bay of E and set about ripping out all the insides, aging the outside, making my own label and changing it into a Colt revolver presentation case.

She thought I was mad, but loves it now it is finished.

DSC_0012

DSC_0014

Christ ! you could have somebody's eye out with that !

Completed the finishing touches to the case.

The antique case latches arrived as did the carrying handle, but in the end I decided that an original case would just have had latches fitted.

DSC_0018

Fitted the last few details.  The ammo tin could do with a bit of aging.  Looks too bright and new.

DSC_0019

• Like 2

We went and had a beer at a canalside Pub yesterday :thumb:

Then collected a chip shop tea on the way home :thumb:

We thought about going out last night but didn't make it :scratch:

Beef Sunday lunch at some point today :thumb:

I'm struggling to get used to not having to go to bed in the afternoon and work tonight:scratch:

but now I have to get up at 4am instead! :scratch::classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

Got a new motorcycle project, it’s a non starter, so this weekend I have been mostly swearing at it - which as everyone knows is 100% in effective 😁

Just had a thought, as it’s a BMW, maybe I should learn some German swear words 🤔

Edited by Mickly
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, Mickly said:

Just had a thought, as it’s a BMW, maybe I should learn some German swear words 🤔

As it's German may I suggest you just get your credit card out. It may respond better, bikes have a different culture when from there 😜

Edited by onesea
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Nothing, laying up.  Last week my left ankle suffered a bout of tendonitis, so was hobbling around at work all week with that.  This week, tendonitis has gone, but putting all the weight on the right leg means my feckn right knee has given up, so have been hobbling round at work all week again.

I guess I am paying the price for all the motocross racing, trials competitions, games of squash and bodybuilding in the gym when I was a yoof.  And all the heavy lifting, kneeling on concrete and laying in puddles getting trucks and heavy equipment on the move again.  My legs are pretty much worn out.

Getting old... Not to be recommended.  It is not for sissies.

Edited by Tinkicker
  • Like 2