Nob of the Day.......

Tango

I'm going to be a pedant here. Nobody pays road tax. The roads are maintained by the local authority.

I'm not a pendant usually, but...

No they're not (necessarily). Major roads are maintained by the Highways Agency, minor roads by local authority (usually) acting on behalf of, and as agents of, the Highways Agency.

pedant pedant, :up:

roads are managed by highways agency, maintained by council :love:

The knob in the John Lewis truck who nearly knocked me off by changing lanes with no indication or even an attempt at looking behind himself...the KNOB in the Merc who pulled out in front of me from a side street causing me to swerve into the wrong lane thankfully not hitting anyone but the King of the Clowns today goes to the twat in the Corsa who sat 6 inches off of my back wheel for 2 miles at 70 mph.

Hmmm ... temptation to just slow riiiiight down ... then pin the throttle :up:

Today I nominate myself.

I got back from work last night around 6:30 and thought I'd swap out the kinked fuel line on the 7. While I was waiting for the fuel to drain I started changing the front pads. Then while the tank was off I thought it'd be a good idea to look at the plugs to check the new jetting. They looked blueish in the light of my head torch - intact everything had a blue hue as that was my only light source. One day I'll learn not to get carried away and remember that I don't have power in the garage.

• 5 weeks later...

I was in the car, as I had to drop my daughter off this morning. After dropping her off and heading along the A14 I realised that the left hand lane had started queueing about a mile before the exit to switch to the A12. So I though I would go up to the next junction and turn around. But today's NotD thought differently. They drove along the fast lane (that's the overtaking lane for anyone who doesn't use the slang term) then stopped and then put their indicators on to turn left when they got to the junction.

I had to break very hard to avoid hitting him. If I had been on the bike I would have had enough time to get off and kick his lights in before he barged into the queue. (In theory off course!)

Are there any memory tricks to remember number plates, because by time I got to work I'd forgotten mateys boy's reg plate?

couple of them this morning.

Two lanes turning right up ahead, learner has right turn signal on and positioned in the left lane. around the corner is a traffic light. just before arriving at the red traffic light, the learner changes lane quickly. obviously not checking the mirror, or checking their blind spot (where they'd have seen me). fortunately I wasn't going quickly (learner driver, anticipate they do something stupid) however I feel that the learner was not the one at fault. It was entirely the teachers fault. I caught it on my helmet camera, so I may well post the video to the tube of you this evening.

Second was a chap that pulled out on me on a round about. so I tooted him. so he gave me an earful about how to use roundabouts and what the horn is for. Lovely gentleman.

My favourite today.......coming up the slip road from Bury St Edmunds East to join the A14 heading west......old fella in the Fiesta in front sees the trucks already on the A14 approaching the junction......so did he speed up a little to get out in front of them....NO....he slowed down!!..... :shock: So then we have to join a fast road from almost a standstill.......and I'm the idiot because I flashed him....... :roll:

This happens all the time, so there's no specific car I can point my finger at so here it is:

When we go to Tesco Extra in Watford there is a small roundabout. Test is on the left, some other shops straight ahead and petrol station on the right. So when there is a queue of cars going to Tesco, some very clever folks go right on the roundabout, do a circle then exit to the left. Obviously, people entering the roundabout have to give way, which just adds to the delays. Sometimes I just want to get out, grab a crawl bar and smash those "smart" people's cars...

But I always remember the highway code: ignore and try not to react...

Knobhead who pulled out of a junction on the roundabout in front of me without even looking in my direction :roll:......and I was driving a big white Transit van!! :shock: I stopped three inches from his rear wingand he never even noticed that! :roll:

New Jaguar - White - Reg: XJR 12.......

Black Cat R/Bout going South on A1.

Jag is in front in left lane - traffic queing back beyond the petrol (being refurbished) station.

I am filtering at about 10 mph.

I pass the Jag and a gap opens on the right - Jag immediatley swerves into the right lane (just missing my rear end) accelerates and then cuts across to straddle the road (both lanes) in front of me and stops!

I stopped and flashed (a couple of cars also 'tooted') - Driver of Jag is shaking his fist (at me?).

Traffic starts to move slowly forward and I pull into the left lane (so does the Jag) and when I try to filter again, the Jag pulls right over to the middle of the road to stop me!

Traffic stops and I nip round on his left side - He sounds his horn, revs his engine and flashes his lights - NOB!

Anyway, back filtering then through the r/bout and off South - No more Jag.

I really feel sorry for anyone he lives with and/or friends. He must be a right plonker.

:cheers:

Jag is in front in left lane - traffic queing back beyond the petrol (being refurbished) station.

I pass the Jag and a gap opens on the right - Jag immediatley swerves into the right lane (just missing my rear end) accelerates and then cuts across to straddle the road (both lanes) in front of me and stops!

I stopped and flashed (a couple of cars also 'tooted') - Driver of Jag is shaking his fist (at me?).

Traffic starts to move slowly forward and I pull into the left lane (so does the Jag) and when I try to filter again, the Jag pulls right over to the middle of the road to stop me!

Traffic stops and I nip round on his left side - He sounds his horn, revs his engine and flashes his lights - NOB!

I really feel sorry for anyone he lives with and/or friends. He must be a right plonker.

Just a moron who thinks filtering is illegal and must police the road.

I'd report him Alan.......the cops may not be able to do much about it....but he may have done something similar in the past and they can go round and have a little chat to him.....and maybe get him to have a read of the highway code....... :wink:

Mini cooper with a prat-driver who nearly takes me out on a mini roundabout....Had to swing the handlebars to the left as my elbow smashed into his wing-mirror

Pure luck i didn't drop the bike!

Almost everyone every morning who doesn't slow enough from the national speed limit crappy country road to the residential 30mph zone which is also the most bumpy road ever, and tailgate me like I'm doing something wrong.

Also, me as the nob; I decided I should let people out of sideroads more esp in busy early morning traffic. I'm always grateful when someone lets me in...I should make the effort (when appropriate) to do the same more.

BMW changing lanes into me. Despite me sounding the horn he continued on his merry way into my space, only to flash his hazards and wave once in. Because that makes it all ok :roll: Same happened yesterday except it was a female in an astra, at least she swerved back when I alerted her to her imminent crash. (edit: I was in my bright yellow car with lights on, not my bike)

Seriously people, its called a BLIND SPOT for a reason. And don't assume that because you have "blind spot mirrors" that you no longer need to check your blind spot!!! Gives even more idiots an excuse not to be checking their blind spot than already do :evil:

BMW changing lanes into me. Despite me sounding the horn he continued on his merry way into my space, only to flash his hazards and wave once in. Because that makes it all ok :roll: Same happened yesterday except it was a female in an astra, at least she swerved back when I alerted her to her imminent crash. (edit: I was in my bright yellow car with lights on, not my bike)

Seriously people, its called a BLIND SPOT for a reason. And don't assume that because you have "blind spot mirrors" that you no longer need to check your blind spot!!! Gives even more idiots an excuse not to be checking their blind spot than already do :evil:

Sorry Gayle....have you not read the latest Highway Code......putting the indicators on means that you no longer need to check your mirrors.....it's everone else's job to get out of your way......at least that's the way it seems these days.....so many people do it that it must be in the Highway Code.......I've just not found it in there yet..... :roll:

Out of interest, do you have the stock horn fitted to your bike, or have you beefed it up? Very often, the stock horn is so feeble that with all the road noise, drivers can barely hear it. I fitted a relay and a much louder horn. Now drivers can DEFINITELY hear it (makes them jump out of their skins! :lol:)

Out of interest, do you have the stock horn fitted to your bike, or have you beefed it up? Very often, the stock horn is so feeble that with all the road noise, drivers can barely hear it. I fitted a relay and a much louder horn. Now drivers can DEFINITELY hear it (makes them jump out of their skins! :lol:)

I was in the car!

Bashing your fist on the car roof also tends to work!

:up:

Bashing the roof might have been tricky, maybe I should start carrying a big stick around for these occasions :lol:

Today, I have decided to give the Nob of the day award to ... the local council.

Outside my son's school is a road. Nothing unusual about that. This road, called Elton Road, is a one way street. And this one way street has parking spaces controlled by parking meters on one side (being very close to the city centre it is nearly always full) and enough room for a single file traffic flow. No problem I hear you all say. It is a one way street and single file is all that is needed.

Except, at the bottom of the road where the NO ENTRY sign should be to stop traffic coming up the 'wrong way', some clever ar*ehole of a bureaucrat has decided to put NO ENTRY EXCEPT FOR BUSES!

Every morning is a fu..... nightmare trying to deal with dozens of school kids from 5 - 18 AND having to contend with service buses driving on the pavement and causing the kids to run for their lives, often into the paths of cars trying to get down the road.

What clever ar*ehole thought up that idea? Who ever he or she is, gets my NOB OF THE DAY award!

I have contacted my local MP who assures me that she will speak to the council office. Yeah I bet!

Oh boy do i have some nobs on my daily commute (obligatory giggity)

Couple weeks back driving down the A12 (witham to colchester) was in outside doing around 75 overtaking a car, nothing behind me for a while, look again 5-10seconds later, and i see a bike rocketing towards me!, some knuckledraging oxygen thief ragging his poor (What ever it was?) sports bike at about 120+ as he shoots between me and another car wearing a t-shirt and tracksuit trousers. This is the epitome of a crap rider!

My biggest moan, happens on a daily basis driving on the A12 is people not being able to accelerate on slip roads, If anyone lives near witham or has ever used that junction they will know how bad it is, you have a length of about 200 yards to accelerate and get onto the A12, not to bad i have a 1.2 i can do it easily. but you will find there is people driving around 30mph then unable to get on, or force a lorry into the next lane, especially as you need to be going fast as you only have about 50 yards before the slip road runs out of being able to see what is coming!! People dithering infuriates me.

Also the silverend/rivenhall turn off/on as you drive towards witham from colchester, you have around 20 yards of slip road on one of the busiest points on the whole road!! who designs these roads!!

and another car wearing a t-shirt and tracksuit trousers. This is the epitome of a crap rider!

!!

I've never seen a car wearing a t-shirt and tracksuit trousers and you saw 'another' one!

Blimey, must be thick as thieves up were you are!

8-)

and another car wearing a t-shirt and tracksuit trousers. This is the epitome of a crap rider!

!!

I've never seen a car wearing a t-shirt and tracksuit trousers and you saw 'another' one!

Blimey, must be thick as thieves up were you are!

8-)

Just re-read that fantastic :D:D my grammar seem's to have failed me, not gonna change it quite funny actually :D