Nob of the Day.......

Tango

My nomination is for the lady in the blue corsa in Rugeley who stopped behind me at a traffic light pedestrian crossing which had changed to red due to the lady who used it to cross then as I waited for the light to change from red to amber with no other pedestrians approaching etc, gave me a couple of honks. Have the rules changed now so I can nip over through a red if noone is crossing :bang:

my nob of the day was the silver mercedes a class who decided that waiting for oncoming traffic when the obstruction is on your side of the road is for losers. I pulled in to allow the car to come through and he overtook me, causing the other car to take evasive action!

What a pleasant gentleman he was. I'll chalk it up to a mistake on his part though.

no offence to any cycling bikers here - there is an element of the cycling fraternity that is attracted to the competitive side of cycling, these tend to be humourless fanatical barstewards, rather unattractive characters imo - not all are like this of course but there is a distinct tendency amonst them who are that way inclined.

Amen to that! They are complete f**king nose-in-the-air ar*eholes. They're the ones that give the rest of us (cyclists) a bad name (they're as inconsiderate as chavs who cycle on the pavement). If you aspire to be one of these numpties, you can get yourself fully kitted out in Rapha (http://www.rapha.cc). On that website you can pay as much for a skin-tight t-shirt as I would pay for a new wheel. I think I'd rather have a new wheel. I take particular pleasure in bombing past the pretentious smug gits in my bog ordinary t-shirt and shorts - then watching them crank it up a notch and try to catch me up - then giving up as they realise I am a cycling machine 8-) (been cycling since the age of 10).

Anyway, nob-of-the-day (yesterday, actually), goes to the WVM who decided to undertake the whole flow of traffic and cut in front of me at the last minute, causing me to brake heavily. At 60 mph. And then brake checked me when I beeped at him. And then started red-faced angry screaming at me out of his window when I overtook him while making the "w**ker" sign. And then floored it in a rage to try and catch me up.

The female who decided to change lanes into the exact space I was occupying in that lane.

Then the guy who at the 4way traffic light controlled cross road, who was waiting to cross from the right, when light for my lanes went green decided that he was going to go too and shot out across the junction. He did realise the error of his ways and managed to stop before he drove into the side of anyone and reverse back into the space he had shot out from.

Just me for having my first big skid/wobble!!!!! Felt like a massive nobber.

Otherwise, the roads were rather nobless today :mrgreen: no cars having last minute lane changes on the A14, people leaving a good distance, a couple of other bikers out that nodded and everything! :mrgreen:

My nomination goes to the driver of a flat bed truck who decided to swerve over from one lane to the other forcing the car in front of me to slam their brakes on to avoid being side swiped which then caused me to slam my brakes on as well!

I have a second nomination as well further down the road there are road works so the traffic was backed up (it's a wide road with enough space for 2 cars side by side) and a mondeo driver decided it was okay to park his lump of metal with his wheels on the white lines forcing me to over take him on the other side of the road!

And finally my third nomination goes to the driver who decided to cut another car up at a round about and nearly took him out then proceeded to argue with the guy whilst holding all the traffic up.

All that happened on my ride home which takes about 10 minutes!!! But on the bright side a Subaru driver pulled over to one side to let me filter back into the traffic so he got a thumbs up from me.

My nomination goes to the driver of a flat bed truck who decided to swerve over from one lane to the other forcing the car in front of me to slam their brakes on to avoid being side swiped which then caused me to slam my brakes on as well!

I have a second nomination as well further down the road there are road works so the traffic was backed up (it's a wide road with enough space for 2 cars side by side) and a mondeo driver decided it was okay to park his lump of metal with his wheels on the white lines forcing me to over take him on the other side of the road!

And finally my third nomination goes to the driver who decided to cut another car up at a round about and nearly took him out then proceeded to argue with the guy whilst holding all the traffic up.

All that happened on my ride home which takes about 10 minutes!!! But on the bright side a Subaru driver pulled over to one side to let me filter back into the traffic so he got a thumbs up from me.

Oh em gee...I bet the whole time you were itching to get home and post about it too :mrgreen: .

I've started thanking drivers who let me in too - always appreciated

God if I wrote about everything that happened to me on a daily basis It would be none stop on this thread from me!!

PS to all those that like to judge people and think that they are always in the wrong and criticise other people's riding/driving..............I drive a bus and EVERYONE does what they can to be in front of them plus been on the road all day you see everything :mrgreen:

PS to all those that like to judge people and think that they are always in the wrong and criticise other people's riding/driving..............I drive a bus and EVERYONE does what they can to be in front of them plus been on the road all day you see everything :mrgreen:

But then there's something quite sublime about driving a large vehicle ... I remember when I used to drive a Luton (not half as big as a bus, admittedly), but even so, when someone cut me up, I would just sound the horn - they tended to take evasive action when all they could see was two big headlights and a grille heading towards them!

God if I wrote about everything that happened to me on a daily basis It would be none stop on this thread from me!!

I hear ya brother!

Don't get me started about bus drivers....cutting me up....not indicating before pulling out... :booty: :booty: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Silly tart who did NOT have priority, yet decided to barrel through anyway forcing me to make an emergency stop. Then looking at me as if I had done something utterly stupid. I'm sure she tweeted "nearly killed a motorcyclist this morning... lol".

combination of woman driver who let a truck out and said truck driver.

I was on far side of the road, I was too close to let the truck out but she stopped and flashed him out and he decided to assume I'd stopped aswell, which i hadn't. Opened throttle a bit to get past -.-

But then there's something quite sublime about driving a large vehicle ... I remember when I used to drive a Luton (not half as big as a bus, admittedly), but even so, when someone cut me up, I would just sound the horn - they tended to take evasive action when all they could see was two big headlights and a grille heading towards them!

This got my first big smile of the morning :mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...

Nob of the day doesn't go to the rider going down the bus lane in Star Lane in Ipswich (which motorcycles are not permitted to use) who slowed down the fire engine going along siren and lights on, but rather to the cyclist following who would not stop and get on the pavement who blocked the second fire engine. I last saw him merrily making his way to the college without a care in the world.

Nob of the day doesn't go to the rider going down the bus lane in Star Lane in Ipswich (which motorcycles are not permitted to use) who slowed down the fire engine going along siren and lights on, but rather to the cyclist following who would not stop and get on the pavement who blocked the second fire engine. I last saw him merrily making his way to the college without a care in the world.

Probably had earphones in with music cranked up to the max. I had a cyclist pull out of a side road almost into me - didn't even notice when I beeped and revved the f**k out of the bike - I have a beowulf exhaust - it is not quiet - he still didn't notice even though I was about 2 feet away from him.

combination of woman driver who let a truck out and said truck driver.

I was on far side of the road, I was too close to let the truck out but she stopped and flashed him out and he decided to assume I'd stopped aswell, which i hadn't. Opened throttle a bit to get past -.-

Exactly why flashing of headlights should be punishable by hanging from the testicles until very, very sorry! It is dangerous not being kind.

Slow down and allow them to make up their own damned mind ... safer for all then.

• 3 weeks later...

Nobette in the maroon Vauxhall vectra or astra 1.8 X-reg.

Deliberately almost pulled into the side of me (happened to be in my car), causing me to brake. Then under took a cyclist and two cars at a roundabout, almost squishing the cyclist and cutting them all up.

I have to say that I've seen much worse manouvers but never any done with such ignorance and complete, utter disregard for anyone else. All done very deliberately, no apologies. The type of driver who WILL kill someone one day. Disgusting.

Rant done.

Just seamed to be a morning of BMWs and Mercs trying to ram my rear bumber or throwing themselves into tiny gaps to get through the morning traffic that bit quicker..

Slowed right down when one wedged himself behind me.. To say I couldn't see his number plate is putting it mildly, I think we could have met in my boot for a picnic! :roll:

Most definitely the bloke who thought it was okay to try and overtake me whilst indicating right into a junction,,,, how he didn't hit me i don't know, if it weren't for me looking behind before I turned god knows what would of happened! Nobbish of sorts!

The knob in the John Lewis truck who nearly knocked me off by changing lanes with no indication or even an attempt at looking behind himself...the KNOB in the Merc who pulled out in front of me from a side street causing me to swerve into the wrong lane thankfully not hitting anyone but the King of the Clowns today goes to the twat in the Corsa who sat 6 inches off of my back wheel for 2 miles at 70 mph.

I'm going to be a pedant here. Nobody pays road tax. The roads are maintained by the local authority.

I'm not a pendant usually, but...

No they're not (necessarily). Major roads are maintained by the Highways Agency, minor roads by local authority (usually) acting on behalf of, and as agents of, the Highways Agency.