Nob of the Day.......

Tango

Knob of the day goes to Wallie for not buying M00 an ice cream when we stopped off by a burger van on the A11 - he ordered himself a burger, asked what i was having and I said I only wanted a mint crunch ice cream. He proceeded to pay for his burger and walk away. I then had to ask for my ice cream - which was dead cheap! - and fumble around in my bag to get out my purse and buy it separately like we were still a couple of mates with hardly a penny to our name at uni, not a bloody married couple!! And you know why? Because he's a tight arse saving for a bloody Dullville, that's why! I'm gonna have to pretend he's not out with me when I eventually get my Ninja!!!

But apart from that, he's been a perfect husband.... 9/10 today methinks :wink: :lol:

Lycra clad middle aged wobbling cyclist who I waited patiently behind before overtaking when safe to do so.

Just because I stuck the car in sports mode and booted it past him to give the car behind a chance to also get past, the cyclist saw fit to give me rude hand gestures....

Next time a cyclist gives me rude hand gestures, I might give them a brake test and possibly a face full of Audi rear window.

Nob... Pay some f*kin road tax and learn the highway code!!

Lycra clad middle aged wobbling cyclist who I waited patiently behind before overtaking when safe to do so.

Just because I stuck the car in sports mode and booted it past him to give the car behind a chance to also get past, the cyclist saw fit to give me rude hand gestures....

Next time a cyclist gives me rude hand gestures, I might give them a brake test and possibly a face full of Audi rear window.

strange these cyclists putting themselves at risk the way they do, my pet fear is a motorist becoming frustrated at being struck behind a cyclist and thinking, oh it's only a motorbike coming now, then violently pulling out to overtake the cyclist in a fit of pique and catching me in the process.

incidentally my brother, who I obviously love very much, is a keen cyclist, he told me how some members of his club caught up with a motorcyclist that had, they felt, come too close to them for comfort and beat him up, I imagine in a fairly limp handed manner, as far as I could gather, I just kept quiet - bl**dy cyclists I thought.

http://youtu.be/VSzx41AyfB0

dispute between two mountain bikers - sorry but I had to laugh

http://youtu.be/VSzx41AyfB0

bit more on tw*tty bicyclist behaviour

I'm going to be a pedant here. Nobody pays road tax. The roads are maintained by the local authority.

Cyclists have as much right to be anywhere on the road as you or I and they are bloody scary things to ride. I commuted by cycle for 10 months and was knocked down 3 times by careless motorists. Just give them the space they need and everyone is happy/alive.

Just give them the space they need and everyone is happy/alive.

But thats why this cyclist is "nob of the day". it seems even if you are patient and allow them plenty of room (and i always do) if you pass them at a rate thats not acceptable to them, they get abusive!! Ive see so many angry cyclists its crazy.

Where i live in Sevenoaks, it seems to be the latest craze for fat middle age bankers to spend a fortune on hi-tech state of the art racing bikes and ride round in packs, hogging the entire road in offensively tight fluorescent coloured lycra seemingly oblivious to the fact other road users might want to get past.

Then if you do try to get past them they get really angry... Personally I think its all the pedalling, it causes adrenaline to pump round their unfit, overweight bodies and so they end up getting all angry at the slightest little thing. Idiots...

no offence to any cycling bikers here - there is an element of the cycling fraternity that is attracted to the competitive side of cycling, these tend to be humourless fanatical barstewards, rather unattractive characters imo - not all are like this of course but there is a distinct tendency amonst them who are that way inclined.

Lol, I just got a mountain bike and I am having a GREAT time going out on it in normal clothes and no helmet. It's hilarious, all the cycling nazi's look at me like the world is broken, 'WHAT! ? You're on a mountain bike WITHOUT A HELMET?@ and WHERE'S the Lycra????????'

Hilarious!

Lol, I just got a mountain bike and I am having a GREAT time going out on it in normal clothes and no helmet. It's hilarious, all the cycling nazi's look at me like the world is broken, 'WHAT! ? You're on a mountain bike WITHOUT A HELMET?@ and WHERE'S the Lycra????????'

Hilarious!

Oh no your not atgatt, :)

There are the cycling morons that ride 3 abreast on national speed limit roads in very tight Lycra who get angry at about everyone. They really ruin it for everyone else, but I really loathe the attitude that says "they don't pay road tax." We have to harmoniously co-exist with all other highways users, that includes horse riders, cyclists pedestrians. The other thing is: it's not fair to say that every cyclist is a Lycra clad banker. There are some people for whom it's their only form of transport. These people don't go through red lights and quite rightly they get fed up of being bullied off the road.

Just like we mostly all agree that a cager should spend some time riding a motorcycle, everybody should be forced to spend some time on a bicycle. It may just reduce the obesity issue we have in this country. (Myself included as I'm a giant fatty who needs to exercise!)

We went up to the Norfolk coast for the weekend, and while stuck in the usual traffic along the A11 Fiveways improvement we were having a laugh talking with a couple of cyclists. They'd overtake us when the traffic ground to a halt, then we'd overtake them when it got going, so I said "race ya!" - went on to and fro almost all the way between Newmarket and Thetford :lol:

The last thing I heard them shout out was "WINNING!" before we finally tore ahead :lol:

We have to harmoniously co-exist with all other highways users, that includes horse riders, cyclists pedestrians.

No problem with Horse riders they are aware they are a slow moving vehicle and happily try to move out of the way, and thank you for driving past slowly.. I've never had abusive hand gestures from a horse rider...

Also never had any problem from casual cyclists either, the type who ride to work are fine... It only ever seems to be the weekend Lycra brigade who seem to have a real chip on their shoulder, and just recently there are loads of them!!

The other thing is: it's not fair to say that every cyclist is a Lycra clad banker. There are some people for whom it's their only form of transport.

Come to Sevenoaks. Everyone is either a banker or a lawyer. :lol:

Try driving in a city all day for a job.#

I hate ALL cyclists, they are inconsiderate morons. They either wobble up the road at 5mph but weave out so you can't go past or force past at high speed on a red light then refuse to let anyone in a powered vehicle past when they are doing 10mph up a hill.

Seriously, ban them, and I just bought a mountain bike!

Ban myself! we're ALL w**kers!

(actually I ride on the pavement cos I am a fat bast*rd who can't go more than 5mph.)

My nob of the day; the daft old git in the middle of Norwich who was wobbling between two lanes at 20mph making it ruddy impossible to pass him, before indicating right and coming to a complete stop (still in the middle of the two lanes) when there was nowhere on the right to turn to! At least it finally gave us a chance to get past :roll:

+1 to that post several pages ago about people needing to regularly resit their driving test on reaching a certain age!

I'm going to nominate the stupid old cow in the black Smart Roadster that stopped at the roundabout, looked at me coming from her right then pulled across in front of me causing me to barke and swerve...

Second nomination goes to the idiot 300 yds later who pulled onto my side of the road to overtake a cyclist leaving me next to no room...

Nob of the day for me goes to the inconsiderate idiot who decided to jump in front of a train at London bridge station thus cancelling all southbound trains out of London!!

Finally managed to get a train and ended up taking

1h45min to do a normally 27min journey in boiling heat, packed like sardines into a sweaty commuter train with no air con... I hope the train driver reversed over him to make sure he was dead. :evil:

2 nobs of the day, after defending them somewhat I saw two incidents...

First was a van was overtaking when a cyclist at the last moment swung out to overtake another cyclist, hitting the side of the van. I saw it, and then they caused a MASSIVE stink about it. It was their fault entirely!

Then on the walk home from the shops, I had one shout at me, small path for pedestrians to stroll along the parks near the Thames. He nearly clips me and grazes a bush, and then goes right into it to avoid a dog walker. He held his hands out and I heard him yell about me having earphones in...

The lady dog walker points to a "no cyclists" sign as they whizz down there. I just said "silly c*nt".

I think as economical travel goes, its more environmentally costly. Imagine the damage they cause in people they slow down...

Also Joeman, I feel for you buddy, fooking numpties aren't they?

The trip to paracetemol is far shorter than it is to the bridge to jump off! Sad someone wants to kill themselves, but very stupid to halt millions in their tracks. And almost like they want to ruin everyones day! As last acts go, not great...

Also Joeman, I feel for you buddy, fooking numpties aren't they?

The trip to paracetemol is far shorter than it is to the bridge to jump off! Sad someone wants to kill themselves, but very stupid to halt millions in their tracks. And almost like they want to ruin everyones day! As last acts go, not great...

What makes them think they have the right to cause millions of people to suffer??

My solution? a closed train line, and a serial killer train driver. Let him drive up and down the track all day long satisfying his urges to kill people as the suicidal jump in front. two birds with one stone :)