What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

On 27/08/2023 at 21:17, Mickly said:

Went scoping out some green lanes, there’s one leading over the busy Burton Dassett hills, never have I had so many disapproving stares while doing something legal.

Yep the walkers feel its theirs to do and have how they please, sod it to the other potential users that may have feel to move there arses to the side as the ramble cos they travel at 2mph. plus dont like to control there sodding dogs that shite all over the place and leave it...Dirrty buggers.

5 hours ago, geofferz said:

Aaaand got pulled over on the way home for 'undertaking' which isn't even illegal so why is a law enforcement officer telling me off about it?! Wasn't speeding. 

£100 fine for the small plate, no points. Would've got away with it cos I was polite, but my mate was pulled on my bike a couple of years ago for speeding so I get a fine?! Strange. I get that a small plate is illegal but anyway. Kinda rather he just left the latter bit out and fined me buuut I've told my mate who is gonna buy me dinner to make up for it so that's okay. 

Lol apparently this weekend was 'national engage well with bikers' weekend. Great work chaps. 

You see coopers have levels of talking to the public, especially road users..

1) if its a chat (given with advice) which means that was slightly naughty and you shouldnt have done that while i could/might have see you.

2) if it a person sort of bollcking and not booking you, youve been very lucky cos you was close to been buggered, that could be because an experienced copper will say i dont really have evidence to take it further so im gonna mass ur ears in to scare you not to do it again and waste my time.

3) if very professional/business talk and straight to it, you're in the deep end with the sharks and your gonna get more than a slap for being a creting.

now for the undertaking that wasn't illegal, that view from the federallye would have been, what if the vehicle decided to be in the wrong lane and just change without looking and tw@t you off?... your on the worst end of that crappy decision of the other vehicle user  even if they made a bad call.

the speeding one is the old school of association of one copper with one tool and one chance to clock..., mates together, keeping together and keeping up, if one of u is caught the other(s) must be so there from the fasict view, courts generally take a NoBs view over any other person that wishes to enter the room of prejudice... i mean   judgement.

9 hours ago, geofferz said:

I thought legal was a standard size? 

As @Fiddlestickssaid, if you have certain letters or numbers that take less space you can have a plate that is overall slightly smaller so long as the spacing is correct. 

The dealer I bought the Bobber from was wise to this so supplied it with a plate that is legal but slightly smaller than average. 

9 hours ago, RideWithStyles said:

Yep the walkers feel its theirs to do and have how they please, sod it to the other potential users that may have feel to move there arses to the side as the ramble cos they travel at 2mph. plus dont like to control there sodding dogs that shite all over the place and leave it...Dirrty buggers.

You see coopers have levels of talking to the public, especially road users..

1) if its a chat (given with advice) which means that was slightly naughty and you shouldnt have done that while i could/might have see you.

2) if it a person sort of bollcking and not booking you, youve been very lucky cos you was close to been buggered, that could be because an experienced copper will say i dont really have evidence to take it further so im gonna mass ur ears in to scare you not to do it again and waste my time.

3) if very professional/business talk and straight to it, you're in the deep end with the sharks and your gonna get more than a slap for being a creting.

now for the undertaking that wasn't illegal, that view from the federallye would have been, what if the vehicle decided to be in the wrong lane and just change without looking and tw@t you off?... your on the worst end of that crappy decision of the other vehicle user  even if they made a bad call.

the speeding one is the old school of association of one copper with one tool and one chance to clock..., mates together, keeping together and keeping up, if one of u is caught the other(s) must be so there from the fasict view, courts generally take a NoBs view over any other person that wishes to enter the room of prejudice... i mean   judgement.

How could I have been with him - I only have one bike and he was on it! Anyway. 

'just looking out for my safety' was indeed one of the things he said. What utter tosh. 

Yes sorry ive misread/misunderstood what you was meaning-  he was riding YOUR bike.. well you would get it then as your the registered keeper, it would be up to you to name him and then he would get the ticket and points...so you took the points for him-  unless of course you didnt say as to avoid tinting a relationship (though frankly thats what hed done) or he wasn't insured/licensed if im looking into this more specifically.

looking out for your safety is just another way of saying they saw a potential error or teach you something to avoid the likely hood of having to scrape you off the floor in the future but of course they cannot say directly.

to put it one way It would be easier to just ignore it/person and just carry on with the day taking the pay rather than have to interact with the public for a minor chat.

all ill say is sometimes its better to take heed of the advice of they offer freely than to just mark it down to "F@king @rsehole got nowt better to do and screw um".

Edited by RideWithStyles

Yeah he took the points, I have a clean licence. 

I'm not going to be understanding. He pulled me for undertaking which isn't illegal, apparently cos he was looking out for me. The gave me a fine instead of letting me off because my mate was caught speeding on my bike. Meanwhile I have 2 friends who had attempted breakins to their garages recently and the cops did f*ck all. Do you have faith that they'll recover or prevent bike thefts? I do not. Do I have confidence that they'll pull bikers for doing very little wrong indeed? Yes. On the weekend they have specifically labeled for one where they'll engage well with bikers? 

• Like 1

Undertaking isn't illegal but it's not the done thing 😂 I never ever do it regularly, if they pulled the pricks sitting in the middle fooking lane it wouldn't be such a temptation.

We passed a police sitting in the middle lane coming out of Glasgow yesterday FFS.

• Haha 1

Agree with the middle laning, that should be down as driving without due care and attention in my view.

if you dont wanna understand then thats a what they see as an attitude problem, and with that no point continuing with discussion as your mind set is set. grind against the large cog... 

ive got a pair of new tyres which has made me even lighter, is million miles better than flintstones but so much happier.

28 minutes ago, RideWithStyles said:

Agree with the middle laning, that should be down as driving without due care and attention in my view.

if you dont wanna understand then thats a what they see as an attitude problem, and with that no point continuing with discussion as your mind set is set. grind against the large cog... 

ive got a pair of new tyres which has made me even lighter, is million miles better than flintstones but so much happier.

I was super polite and understanding, could not have been nicer

Give me sympathy dammit!!! 

• Haha 1

Lol.🤣. coppers are generally good with BL and BS. voice says yes...yes sir but the body said fak off copper ya cant...

At least you didnt give him anymore reason  to find fault and spend tax payers money on and ive got some good tyres on now so ill give you some sympathy. 😉😂

Edited by RideWithStyles

I find myself missing the GS. I absolutely hated it when I had it. 

I think I just have a insatiable lust for buying things I don’t want or need.

I do want another one though. 

Edited by Joe85
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

23 hours ago, Stu said:

Michelin PR6 GT 

I fitted those to the Ducati and tbh don't notice any difference to the Metzlers. However according to my son in law who preceded me down this route the Michelin tyres wear a lot better than the Metzlers. Time will tell as so far I've only done about a 1000 miles on them.

3 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

I fitted those to the Ducati and tbh don't notice any difference to the Metzlers. However according to my son in law who preceded me down this route the Michelin tyres wear a lot better than the Metzlers. Time will tell as so far I've only done about a 1000 miles on them.

Best wearing tyres I have used 

If I get chance I will get a pic of the almost done tyre and it's not square like others! Don't get me wrong it's worn but not screwed 

Oh and best tyre in the wet that I have had! So much confidence with them 

1 minute ago, Stu said:

Best wearing tyres I have used 

If I get chance I will get a pic of the almost done tyre and it's not square like others! Don't get me wrong it's worn but not screwed 

Oh and best tyre in the wet that I have had! So much confidence with them 

Pretty well what my son in law said. Certainly not had any squirelly moments on them despite by best efforts.

3 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Pretty well what my son in law said. Certainly not had any squirelly moments on them despite by best efforts.

Same here 

Had the rear slip out the other week pulling of a junction in the wet but I hit a drain cover leant over going uphill! 

It just slid a touch then gripped when back on tarmac 

• Haha 1

Must say the michelins are my third fav and a back up if all fails. The wear and wet weather is extremely good, they are sensitive to pressures (keep them high if you want them to last) and suspension settings if you go for the more flashy versions.

very comfortable for road use but The feel/lack of communication (never knowing what they were doing or if going to let go) was the thing I personally struggled with so just have to have blind trust. Slight knock down in traction if you get on wet grass or gravel.🫨.

all year round but best in cooler conditions.

if you keep away the latest stuff prices are moderately ok.😐

metzelers are my happy place, yes not as long lasting but i found wear very evenly and rides consistently right to the very last mm of tread. for the top end stuff isnt over priced.  Very good in the wet and better more fun in the dry.

even copes well with trackdays in the freezing cold and wet 😇.

pirelli are obviously quite similar, maybe just a tad sharper, slightly higher wear rate, not quite as brill in the cold and wet. More of a spring summer tyre So they're my secondish close to the avons.

avon are not bad in any real aspect just not exemplary to maybe choose over the metz or pirelli for the same price, thought just a touch better in the cold and wet than Pirelli. slightly slower steering. would say bit more all year round.if i was riding all year round again id have over the Italian.

bridgestones -flintstones. Dont wanna say more🤬.

Edited by RideWithStyles