What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Decided to go for a bimble. Went up to Hermitage Castle via Kielder. Came back by way of Carter Bar.

Hermitage Castle.20230618_123052.thumb.jpg.08d0b0342c5ef6a5167fc606d1b3af02.jpg20230618_112940.thumb.jpg.8f8355a44d82288a9ea48d1eac5fbbe1.jpgKielder Visitor Centre 20230618_124057.thumb.jpg.cb51f50d4f2299e6b528d2869e65fc45.jpg

See where Gerontious is coming from about not going out on Sunday. There were tons of bikes out and all the decent places for coffee and food were rammed. 

Good ride though.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Pie man said:

New Sticker Arrived Today. This time I managed to Stick it on the bike

Also having upload pics issues too 🤣

image.thumb.png.157a9186aa4c082987e0be7ad3ff34cc.png

Hi

As I will be going into France later this year could you let me know about the application process for this and is it necessary if we are not planning on visiting any of the larger towns?

Cheers

Ian

3 hours ago, Ian Frog said:

Hi

As I will be going into France later this year could you let me know about the application process for this and is it necessary if we are not planning on visiting any of the larger towns?

Cheers

Ian

As I remember from last year its a simple on line process with an easily available English version. Below link takes you where you need.

www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/demande

Doesn't cost a lot and worth having in the event of any unplanned event. 

10 hours ago, Ian Frog said:

Hi

Cheers

Ian

Hello. 

Do I need it, probably, as it is a one off payment and in the future I may decide to venture in to a larger Town or a detour may even take me that way. All for the price of a Wetherspoons Pint. 

1. Take picture of the first inner page of the V5. 2. Have payment card Ready. 3. Log on to official site Home page | Official website for the Crit'Air sticker (certificat-air.gouv.fr) 4. Invoke EN. 5. Invoke Vehicle registered Abroad. 6. Invoke Order. 7 Fill in all drop downs, note there is an assistant to help to explain. Once completed upload the picture of the V5 with all the info on that you have just completed. My bike is Euro 5 however, I had to chose euro 4, it wouldn't accept Euro 5 :bang:but I still received the Crit Air 1 Sticker. Fill in your payment detail and postal address. Received mine 5 days later, you do receive email confirmation of payment in case you need it.  Hope this helps :cheers: :thumb:

• Thanks 1

Put new mudguard on, greased the new footpeg connections to resist corrosion, put the topbox back on, polished out a few scratches on the front from the impact.

....then watched as GF's neighbour reversed into it later in the afternoon lmao.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Changed the air filter. Surprisingly very clean for two years being in. Although I haven’t put that many miles on it.

Put a K&N in and it’s the oiled type, so will have to order some oil. Just waiting for the crush washer I ordered yesterday. As soon as that’s here it’ll be an oil a filter change. Checked the brake fluid as it’s been in there 2 years, but it looked really clean, so will leave it until winter. 

Edited by fullscreenaging

Took a ride to Kelsall Traction Engine Rally and got thoroughly sunburned. The lawnmower riders wore helmets, but the classic bikes didn't bother 😁. Seeing the way the grass cutting maniacs drove, that was more appropriate than you might think.

Bikes leaving the arena..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JeSzg2ufC1w

Edited by Fiddlesticks

Rode it home from Barnard Castle but decided to do it a bit differently.  Went via Beverley and the Humber Bridge which were firsts for me. Then to Oakham and on to home via back roads. Interesting but slow. A tad over 300 miles took 7 hours actual riding time. Also had to stop every 90 minutes to de-bug my visor.

Edited by S-Westerly
  • Like 2

Fitted a front and rear camera system yesterday

Took it for a "test ride" today as you do :lol:

I can't post the video :lol:

The quality isn't too bad but might need a bit of tweaking on the exposure settings 

PXL_20230624_143654713.jpg

PXL_20230624_143715749.jpg

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, asharin said:

Fitted the new exhaust, 230mm black widow.

Sounds great with the baffles out :D20230625_102252.thumb.jpg.973d92f98f60fb729b8b95defd69fabd.jpg

Your mission should you choose to accept it, is to not be reversed over.

My DT175mx has suddenly developed an extremely rough misfire above half throttle.  Replaced spark plug.  No change,  ignition coil - no change, checked static timing - bang on, checked all the source and trigger coils - still in spec.  Too rough for a fuel problem.  CDI might have gone faulty, but it was a brand new one and has done less than 200 miles.

Ignition timing bang on.

20230628_114202

Low speed source coil.  In spec at 20c and at 80c.

20230628_114649

High speed source coil.  In spec at 20c and at 80c.

20230628_114609

Trigger coil.  Same again.  No failure.

20230628_114628

Plug cap tested ok at 5 ohms as did the original ignition coil with primary winding at 1.1ohms and secondary at 5.9 ohms.

Currently at a loss at the cause.  Might have to source another new cdi at great expense and try that.  Not a happy bunny.