Stupid mistake

Squatting down to install a flourecent tube in a display unit and the next minute waking up about twenty feet away . No idea . 🤔

Another injury :roll:

15896407074008447058313556671435.jpg

Putting the grinder away and the label for make and model stabbed me :roll:

It's just a paper cut!

did you 999 that you tart :lol:

Another injury :roll:

15896407074008447058313556671435.jpg

Putting the grinder away and the label for make and model stabbed me :roll:

It's just a paper cut!

did you 999 that you tart :lol:

Piss off! I didn't even put masking tape on it!

• 6 months later...

Plenty of daft injuries like these working as a mechanic but the one that scared me most is this... 

A train had an engine fire and melted a load of its wiring looms so when it came back to the depot we dropped every thing from underneath and removed all of the looms with visible damage, we megga tested everything else looking for anything shifting out and replaced anything that was. 
We put all the looms back in place, all the engine, transmission, cooling and alternator rafts etc. And did the basic checks to ensure everything was working and running before the last few bits where put back, in this cupboard I was working in everything should have been dead as I’d tripped the circuit breakers but as I went to put a capacitor back onto it’s terminal rail I just remember a huge boom, a loud crash and then waking up lying against the wall behind me with singed eyebrows!! 

it turned out that some wires had been chaffed for a while but weren’t touching Anything else in their original positions, when we put the cable trays back in the bare sections must have been touching and so the systems I thought where dead where actually receiving 410v direct from the 3 phase alternator! 

• Like 1

Some years ago now....
2 Stroke Inboard engines on boats are beautifully light and powerful but not a good mix...

1338303104_Screenshot_20201113-2236242.png.30f00470ce866be62b61357f6814f5ca.png

And no I did not call 999, 
Yes I did get told of by the hospitals for not calling 999 I pointed out that I was on a boat, I was told to call RNLI.

They where stumped when I pointed out that they would still be waiting another hour for the tide where as my dinghy could get me ashore...

The Ambulance drivers the, buggers refused me Morphine on the way to the big hospital  :scratch:
Apparently even in an Ambulance they cannot just give it because its Friday night and your not in the Pub :angel12:

Edited by onesea