Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

11 minutes ago, RantMachine said:

Afternoon all! Officially trying to force myself to get used to the hideous new look forum, after much hesitation. I'm immediately noticing a fault; it's telling me that Six30 has a positive reputation.

124967817_1799885213510454_3618554692290149145_n.jpg

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Question for @Bender........the burner has stopped working and the message on the panel says something about the Flue.

We're going to call them tomorrow as it's under guarantee......but what does that mean exactly?

Need specific fault msg, usually a problem with the flue means just that, fan flue has a venturi and a pressure switch.

If the fan is running ( you should hear this) then it's either of the following.

Fan not spinning fast enough.

Fault with venturi ie a small blockage stops the pressure differential 

Flue pressure switch/ pipes/cable/harness to it are faulty or come apart 

Something has gotten into the flue, a small bird or wasp nest, very popular this year.

Faulty control board

The most dangerous and likely after having seen Spanish installations they just made an arse of fitting the flue.

I'm surprised @Six30 didnt advise of this

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Bender said:

Need specific fault msg, usually a problem with the flue means just that, fan flue has a venturi and a pressure switch.

If the fan is running ( you should hear this) then it's either of the following.

Fan not spinning fast enough.

Fault with venturi ie a small blockage stops the pressure differential 

Flue pressure switch/ pipes/cable/harness to it are faulty or come apart 

Something has gotten into the flue, a small bird or wasp nest, very popular this year.

Faulty control board

The most dangerous and likely after having seen Spanish installations they just made an are of fitting the flue.

I'm surprised @Six30 didnt advise of this

Cheers! 

They did a service on it 2 months ago.......and we've only started using it intermittently over the last couple of weeks.

We won't touch it now till they've checked it out!

11 minutes ago, Stu said:

I will take a look at that when I get 5 mins! 

As the Admin on here you knowing the mutinous rebels you have on here are you sure that is a wise idea?

Its not @Six30 that would concern, its those mods that are above there station..

Edited by onesea
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RantMachine said:

Afternoon all! Officially trying to force myself to get used to the hideous new look forum, after much hesitation. I'm immediately noticing a fault; it's telling me that Six30 has a positive reputation.

Are you saying it would improve the look of the place if six flounced? 

9 hours ago, rennie said:

I've still got a few :D

I'm about to have one less - a tooth that was capped years ago (the cap came off recently and the tooth had completely broken off) has had me almost in tears and on the couch all night... hoping to god i can get an emergency appointment today. Seriously, I wanted to set at it with a pair of pliers last night :(

Edited by learningtofly
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, learningtofly said:

I'm about to have one less - a tooth that was capped years ago (the cap came off recently and the tooth had completely broken off) has had me almost in tears and on the couch all night... hoping to god i can get an emergency appointment today. Seriously, I wanted to set at it with a pair of pliers last night :(

Oh dear LTF that’s bad. Get a temporary filling from the chemist or large supermarket and cover the exposed nerve- if you can’t get an appointment that is!

Just to pour some soothing balm on everyone’s bad teeth I have no missing teeth and not a single filling so what are you all doing? Brush your teeth you dirty beggars 😆

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, learningtofly said:

Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, (they might be able prescribe you something stronger) Temporary filling or chewing gum on top. Clove Oil in Gums is reputed to help as well.

Unless something has changed to get to a dentist you phone 111 and answer a load of questions...  Yes your taking pain relief yes its stopping you work.  Mine took around 3-4 weeks to get removed.

Good Luck

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, onesea said:

Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, (they might be able prescribe you something stronger) Temporary filling or chewing gum on top. Clove Oil in Gums is reputed to help as well.

Unless something has changed to get to a dentist you phone 111 and answer a load of questions...  Yes your taking pain relief yes its stopping you work.  Mine took around 3-4 weeks to get removed.

Good Luck

Luckily I've already had an preliminary consultation with my regular dentist, so it should just be a case of getting one of the emergency slots today/tomorrow. About to call, anyway.

• Like 1