Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

My problem is at the end of the day I'm just too lazy and throw everything in to sort out at a later date :oops:

All that mess was from when I finished fitting new doors in the house..........in September :shock:

51 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

My problem is at the end of the day I'm just too lazy and throw everything in to sort out at a later date :oops:

All that mess was from when I finished fitting new doors in the house..........in September :shock:

How did you have all that from fitting doors 😁 a planer, a router a drill, a circular saw some drill bits, and a vacuum to clean up.

I am useless at home when it comes to cleaning up after myself when doing jobs. Complete opposite of how I am at work funnily enough. Everything is cleaned and put back where it belongs at all times there.

I must have to sort out my garage/shed several times a year, just end up chucking everything inside after finishing a job.  I also turned our dining room into a dangerous no mans land for a week when I fitted the new kitchen :classic_unsure:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stu said:

Do you rate the floor tiles and where did you get them from? 

Love them. Waded through page after page after painfully boring page of stuff on piston heads about garages until I also turned into a total garage geek 🙄 so warning ahead is boring stuff about garages. 

Duratile and Ecotile are the two brands that kept coming up as most durable. I went with Ecotile just cos Duratile was out of stock. You need to look at the industrial options only if want them to last and withstand weight.

Easy to lay (jigsaw is much easier than the recommended Stanley knife), don’t appear to need cleaning (although apparently the black and very dark grey do), they’re durable and recover from heavy objects (but I still use pucks for the sidestands), you don’t have to have a completely level floor (dips n pits are fine but worth grinding lumps down), theyre not slippery and the garage is warmer. 

One change that made the biggest difference was this cabinet from Big Dug, pricey but worth it. Having various tool boxes and stuff piled up took up a lot of room and although there’s not enough room for everything in it this makes getting want you want easy and takes up a hell of a lot less space. 

@Tiggie it’s a small storage seat that’s used as a footstall (it now has wheels on the bottom). What you can’t see is I took that photo sitting on a sofa, yes that’s right a sofa (second hand ebay special) so you can come back from a ride, get a beer from the fridge and just sit looking at your bike in total peace and quiet. Bliss. 
Edited by Slowlycatchymonkey
  • Like 5

Morning Chaps, just having 30 minutes of peace and quiet ( if you ignore the 3D printer ) before the girls appear and i push off to work.... first brekkie underway, coffee and biscuits, refuse to open my email until i actually get to work but will turn phone on at 0700hrs ..... and off we go ........

Grrr...I've spent two days trying to figure out why my model railway runs fine in one direction but in reverse the loco stops when it crosses from one loop to the other. The two loops are independent of each other, or are meant to be. They are controlled by a dual controller with switches and rotary controls for each loop. 

After much taking things apart, probing with a multimeter, getting weird voltages across the point where the two loops cross - I finally pulled all the wires out and tested them disconnected. No problems at all. So I ran it straight from a spare motorcycle battery, no problem at all.

Turns out the brand new controller I bought has a crossover between the track outputs when track 2 is put in reverse. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Love them. Waded through page after page after painfully boring page of stuff on piston heads about garages until I also turned into a total garage geek 🙄 so warning ahead is boring stuff about garages. 

Duratile and Ecotile are the two brands that kept coming up as most durable. I went with Ecotile just cos Duratile was out of stock. You need to look at the industrial options only if want them to last and withstand weight.

Easy to lay (jigsaw is much easier than the recommended Stanley knife), don’t appear to need cleaning (although apparently the black and very dark grey do), they’re durable and recover from heavy objects (but I still use pucks for the sidestands), you don’t have to have a completely level floor (dips n pits are fine but worth grinding lumps down), theyre not slippery and the garage is warmer. 

One change that made the biggest difference was this cabinet from Big Dug, pricey but worth it. Having various tool boxes and stuff piled up took up a lot of room and although there’s not enough room for everything in it this makes getting want you want easy and takes up a hell of a lot less space. 

@Tiggie it’s a small storage seat that’s used as a footstall (it now has wheels on the bottom). What you can’t see is I took that photo sitting on a sofa, yes that’s right a sofa (second hand ebay special) so you can come back from a ride, get a beer from the fridge and just sit looking at your bike in total peace and quiet. Bliss. 

One thing that has worried me is the pressure points! Like the side stand on the bike and the contact points on the bike lift! 

I have a carpet down at the minute which makes it nice and comfortable to lay on :lol: but if you spill anything it just soaks in! 

Are they slippery when wet? 

28 minutes ago, Stu said:

One thing that has worried me is the pressure points! Like the side stand on the bike and the contact points on the bike lift! 

I have a carpet down at the minute which makes it nice and comfortable to lay on :lol: but if you spill anything it just soaks in! 

Are they slippery when wet? 

Just get a 6in X 6in (15 X 15cm) 5mm plywood bit to put under the stand, it will spread the load and prevents any markings.

Those tiles are usually antislip. Industrial grade ones are chemical resistant too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Grrr...I've spent two days trying to figure out why my model railway runs fine in one direction but in reverse the loco stops when it crosses from one loop to the other. The two loops are independent of each other, or are meant to be. They are controlled by a dual controller with switches and rotary controls for each loop. 

After much taking things apart, probing with a multimeter, getting weird voltages across the point where the two loops cross - I finally pulled all the wires out and tested them disconnected. No problems at all. So I ran it straight from a spare motorcycle battery, no problem at all.

Turns out the brand new controller I bought has a crossover between the track outputs when track 2 is put in reverse. 

For similar reasons we've abandoned DCC and gone back to analogue .... makes things much simpler ....

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Trooper74 said:

For similar reasons we've abandoned DCC and gone back to analogue .... makes things much simpler ....

This is analogue. I looked at DCC but decided I didn't need it, the cost for a simple double loop just isn't worth it. Forntunately my brother happens to have the same controller so I could check with his. Just annoying that I'd spent two whole days crawling round with a multimeter checking every bit of wiring including the buffer lights, seep points, capacitor discharge, powere signals etc, I was sure I'd screwed up somewhere.