Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

14 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Well @learningtofly is your face the size of a hot air balloon or did the dentists dainty hands take away the pain?

Well, I can’t say that it was a pleasant experience but it’s done, thank god. I do look a bit swollen though!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hopefully will be able to get my printer up and running again by the end of the week, bought some refillable cartridges to replace my current system, hopefully once the heads have been cleaned i should be fully functional :thumb:

51 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I have no idea wot the trophy symbol means but everyone should get a medal after dental work!

Glad your ok. Now remember your not supposed to drink alcohol for 24hrs after local anaesthetic- but it is the other thing everyone should get after dental work! :classic_biggrin:

Thanks Caroline. It's actually really hurting now, but hopefully I can have some soup later this evening as I'm starving (and definitely no alcohol).

Got six hours in a tattooist's chair tomorrow - I guess the timing could be better :scratch:

14 minutes ago, learningtofly said:

Thanks Caroline. It's actually really hurting now, but hopefully I can have some soup later this evening as I'm starving (and definitely no alcohol).

Got six hours in a tattooist's chair tomorrow - I guess the timing could be better :scratch:

6Hours !

How much are you having done?

Would you be so kind as to post pics please.

Good luck and I hope it goes well.

Cheers

Ian

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ian Frog said:

6Hours !

How much are you having done?

Would you be so kind as to post pics please.

Good luck and I hope it goes well.

Cheers

Ian

Thanks Ian - I'm actually having two done, hence the 6 hours (one of my others took nine hours, mind). Anyway, I'll definitely post some photos although I may wait for them to heal a bit first.

Don`t worry about the healing as the ink will never be as vivid as when first done and we can go ouch!!! at the red swelled bits.

Oh sorry admiration available but not sympathy lol.

Well done on the dentist you are a braver man than I that`s for sure.

Cheers

Ian

• Like 1

1 hour ago, learningtofly said:

strewth you are a glutton for pain :classic_ohmy:

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

When steam powered ULCC's were still a thing you could consume +200 tonnes per day of HFO. We also used to carry over 20,000 tonnes of fuel at capacity. Unlike modern high speed ships which burn a lot but don't carry that much so are constantly  having to bunker.

Also you are comparing apples with pears. A DP oil field support vessel has damned near the horsepower  I have, possibly more. The difference is that I can carry 150,000 tonnes of cargo for 14000 miles without refueling but only at 12 knots.

You burning "Bunker Fuel" ??

Good morning :thumb:

Can't fault the service from Marrutt, i bought the new printer cartridges @2pm yesterday and i should have them today by 12 noon, just having my lovely morning instant coffee, then going shopping so i can make sure i will be home to take delivery :classic_biggrin::cheers:

9 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

Why don't you start drinking camp coffee and really piss off the connoisseurs :mrgreen:

Nothing wrong with Camp Coffee .

It lasts longer than anyother coffee ( no bugger drinks it )

It's brilliant for reattaching items with its sticky consistency.

It's the only coffee my Father will  drink 

Edited by TimR
  • Haha 1