Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

12 hours ago, learningtofly said:

Yes, but I've been otherwise engaged trying to plan for a new venture (seeing as my existing one has been stuffed by COVID). Trying to keep an eye on what's going on, though, and thanks for asking :)

Glad ur ok 👍 

Hows the new venture going?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bender said:

Thanks for the link. Interesting. “Trial by media”? Now we have trial by social media. 

4 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Glad ur ok 👍 

Hows the new venture going?

Thanks Caroline. Well, It's eventually going to be a new photography-related business, but whilst we're in lockdown all I can do is prepare. I'm just waiting for some equipment to arrive, after which I need to get some portfolio shots together. I can then update my website, after which I can start some marketing (and then wait!).

2 minutes ago, learningtofly said:

Thanks Caroline. Well, It's eventually going to be a new photography-related business, but whilst we're in lockdown all I can do is prepare. I'm just waiting for some equipment to arrive, after which I need to get some portfolio shots together. I can then update my website, after which I can start some marketing (and then wait!).

You can travel as much as you want if it’s for business, and adding images to your business portfolio is work ... and you can’t do it working from home ...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Trooper74 said:

You can travel as much as you want if it’s for business, and adding images to your business portfolio is work ... and you can’t do it working from home ...

Depends what you’re photographing, if you earn a crust from weddings or school photos....

13 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Depends what you’re photographing, if you earn a crust from weddings or school photos....

Good point ... there are a number of Rail photo companies ... Milestone 92 1/2 is the one we use, that compile original pics of the subject and sell a single or multi use licence to companies like ours  ...

But they have to go out and get the pics ... going out to work ... stood on a railway bridge near you ... not sure what LTF is targeting as his USP .... but best of luck .... respect ...

Edited by Trooper74

38 minutes ago, learningtofly said:

Good luck LTF and congrats on giving something else a go, all power to your elbow. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been having a bad condensation problem in my car for last couple of weeks. Noticed today that the driver and passenger side mats and floor were soaked. I'm putting it down to the Windshield cover I got a few weeks ago to combat the ice in a morning. It has two little flaps at each side that you put in the car and close the door on to keep it in place. Think it might of given enough of a gap in the door seal to let water ingress occur 

Will vacuum it all dry and stop using the cover. If it still carries on looks like I've got some detective work to do :roll:

11 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

I've been having a bad condensation problem in my car for last couple of weeks. Noticed today that the driver and passenger side mats and floor were soaked. I'm putting it down to the Windshield cover I got a few weeks ago to combat the ice in a morning. It has two little flaps at each side that you put in the car and close the door on to keep it in place. Think it might of given enough of a gap in the door seal to let water ingress occur 

Will vacuum it all dry and stop using the cover. If it still carries on looks like I've got some detective work to do :roll:

What car?

17 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

Is this a corsa? 

20 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

Aygo. not had issues until last couple of weeks so pretty sure that the cover is the culprit. I know the old mk1 Aygo was prone to leaks but they sorted them for the mk2 model

Our 07 Aygo leaks like a sieve ... we park it with the windows open 10mm whenever it’s not raining ... otherwise its like driving a mobile swamp

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiggie said:

Aygo. not had issues until last couple of weeks so pretty sure that the cover is the culprit. I know the old mk1 Aygo was prone to leaks but they sorted them for the mk2 model

My first mini used to do this, poking finger through floor just let the water run out 😁 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Trooper74 said:

Absolutely right but I need people, unfortunately. It’s frustrating but I’ll get there eventually. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Bender said:

My first mini used to do this, poking finger through floor just let the water run out 😁 

I had a totally reliable, but self draining, Morris Minor as my first car, XVB 45. I drove through a ford in the village of St. Mawgan and jets of water squirted up my wifes dress ... .... not amused. But drained away as soon as we where clear of the ford. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, learningtofly said:

I know how you feel i'm in a similar position, just use this time wisely for your preparations, you can still go out as has been said for work, and taking photos for your website is work. If you can get yourself an ID card as a freelance photographer who are classed as essential workers might help with any uncertainty :thumb:

Good luck with the venture :thumb:

15 hours ago, Trooper74 said:

This is true but be wary of over zealous law enforcement. It would be hard to prove on the spot what you are doing is business related depending on the location and subject, weddings are pretty much self explanetary, but how would you explain for example taking photos of people in a park, just something to watch out for.

• Thanks 1